Week 8 Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 8 Season 5

Hard Advance for Sunday 9 PM Central

No big user games this week, and only a few really meaningful cpu games too..kinda a bland week, let's knock this one out quick like.

Week 7's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    Bowling Green, Sr(RS) QB Sean Schroeder - 29-33, 444 yds, 4 TDs (@ Buff W 55-52)

Defense:
    Tulsa, So(RS) MLB Zach Rutledge - 13 tackles (4 TFL), 2 sacks (@ Rice W 31-28)

National Broadcasts:

#8 Texas Tech (6-1) @ #22 Texas (3-4)

Anything can happen in a rivalry game. Tech has been playing great so far this season, but is still near the bottom of Division 1 in Turnover margin ranking 117th. Can Texas force enough turnovers to make this a game? Austin is a tough place to travel to.This one might decide the Big 12 representative in the Title game down the road.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    TTU 41-10

#23 Wisconsin (5-1) @ #19 Purdue (4-1)

In a big time matchup in the Big 10 the Undefeated Badgers travel to West Lafayette to take on the reigning Big 10 champion Purdue Boilermakers. The Big 10 is strong this year but with Purdue's dual QB threats this might be a tough deal for Wisconsin. The Badgers have always played great defense so this might be a good game. Purdue's speed more than likely wins out and gets the Boilermakers one step closer to a 2nd Big 10 title.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Pur 42-20

Notre Dame (3-4) @ #6 UCLA (5-1)

Notre Dame and UCLA both come into this game with high powered, high scoring offenses.....and defenses that are good....for me to poop on! This one could end 215 - 199. UCLA has given up a ton of points to PAC 10 competition, lets see how they do against the Domers. ND is not a top 25 team right now, but they are severely underachieving and could make this a game. I think this one will be the best of the week.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCLA 40-35

Regional Broadcasts:

#3 Southern Miss (6-0) @ UAB (2-4)

No one benefits more from UCF's departure than 1ke. His road to a BCS national championship is getting clearer by the week and UAB might as well not even show up. S. Miss wins big...and I mean big! I have alot of respect for the Southern Miss program and 1ke so I'll be rooting for him to take home TF4's first crystal ball, just stay the hell out of the pac 10 for ___ sakes! ;)

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    USM 63-10

Mississippi State (2-3) @ #20 Auburn (4-1)

Auburn is feeling pretty confident bringing several recruits to Jordan Hare to watch this one. They should be, Miss St. isn't that good...Auburn did struggle with Army somewhat so we'll see what happens.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Aub 44-7

Western Michigan (1-5) @ Bowling Green (5-0)

Ravedown, You gotta get the hell out of the MAC bro! I mean for real. I got $5 that says he doesn't stay awake the entire game. If he played every play he could win by 2,000. Western Michigan is awful..awful. BG isn't doing you justice man.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    BG 45-14

SMU (2-6) @ #12 Tulsa (7-1)

Tulsa has had two tough weeks, losing to a geeked up Southern Miss team, and then narrowly escaping Rice. This will be a good week to test some offensive ideals for Tulsa as SMU really isn't very good. Unless Eric Dickerson and Craig James have eligibility left SMU has 0 chance.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Tul 58-10

Arizona (3-2) @ Stanford (5-1)

Stanford might be the surprise team in the PAC 10 this year starting 4-1. Arizona goes to Palo Alto to hug a tree, and take on the Cardinal in a big game for PAC 10 standing. Arizona can't afford a let down before a huge game next week at#2 Oregon. This matchup pits the #16 run offense in the Country which is Stanford, vs. the nations 16th best run defense in Arizona. Something's gotta give. The Wildcats shut USC down in their last game, let's see if the defense plays that well again.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Northern Illinois (3-3) @ #21 Kent State (6-0)

Kent State makes their debut in the top 25 this week against Northern Illinois. NIU isn't much to look at so Kent should breeze right through this game, right...???

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Kent 55-9

Kansas (3-3) @ #25 Colorado (5-1)

Anything can happen in a rivalry game, I guess. This game is important for the Big 12 North. If Colorado wants a crack at Texas Tech they need to beat Kansas, and Mizzou, and Nebraska. This is the first step. Boulder has always been a place where dreams go to die for opposing teams, they should get right vs. Kansas.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    CU 45-28

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Good stuff Troy..

ND has been A+ across the board in past years...this year I think they are B. I think they are real young, and I'm pretty sure next year they jump back up to A. I think I've played them every season, but the first...not sure.

What would a NC do for Coach 1ke? Would it make him leave on such a high note, or would USM be just too hard to leave? Let's not forget that NO team has went undefeated, and if I am not mistaken Jman has knocked off two undefeateds in his day. That C USA Championship game is going to be crazy, and will have an effect on a lot of guys in the OD.

As far as 1ke leaving...I don't think he can hang in the Big 10 :D LOL! jp, but if he does decide to move he better do so quick before Purdue is a powerhouse.

Note to world,

My backup QB will be better than Denard. Also, I will get my revenge on that team out WEST.

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

UCLA was cruising along in this one, holding a 35-14 lead at the end of 3. Then the football became a slippery pig for the Bruin offense, with three lost fumbles and one that we got back (even though I had the break tackle deal on conservative). Starting the quarter to end all quarters, Notre Dame starts going wild on offense. With American pioneer Ben Franklin at QB, Notre Dame scores 21 in the 4th. Thankfully UCLA had put up a FG in the quarter.

It was 38-35 and UCLA was forced to punt at about midfield. My punter nailed it, putting the ball out of bounds at the 4. Two plays later, UCLA sacks the QB, who in turn fumbles the ball in the end zone. I was waiting for the lineman to scoop it up and go 105 yards, based on the rest of the quarter. Thankfully, the same guy who got the sack was able to bring him down for the safety. On the ensuing free kick, I ran the damn thing out of bounds to avoid my FIFTH fumble of the QUARTER! Took a couple of knees to end it.

I'll get my players of the game up later.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

That's assuming I can even make it through the rest of conference play without losing. The way my D has been playing lately, that's probably not going to happen! :(

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Coach Max continues his dominance in the state of Texas by steamrolling The Longhorns 41-10. Texas wouldnt score an offensive TD all game as the Tech defense was lights out. Harris cooled it on the INTs... only throwing 2. Not to worry though, he fumbled the ball which led to a huge scoop and score for the Longhorns. Charles continues to get open... ALL THE TIME! It is ridiculous how often this guy is wide open. Tech is looking poised to take the Big12 South and looks forward to starting a new cross-divisional rivalry with the Buffs!

Harris
    32/44 471yd 3TD 2INT

Ward
    10REC 151yd 1TD

Charles
    7REC 103yd 2TD

Fisher
    5REC 112yd (long of 56. was an absolute bomb. He had to climb the ladder and snatch it away from the defender. was really nice)

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue knocks off #23 Wisconsin​

Early on, it was very much a defensive game. Then, true Sophomore WR Adrian Waters burned the secondary for a 66 yard TD.

Denard was sacked multiple times, and as a result was held to negative yardage for the first time in his career at Purdue. He was also injured in the 3rd quarter, and diagnosed with a broken toe. He will likely be out for the next two weeks. TJ's earlier experience will come in handy as Purdue looks to take on the #1 Michigan team next week.

The offense was not clicking at all until true Sophomore HB Brian Robinson showed his explosiveness from the Wildcat in the fourth quarter. He took over, and put the game to rest rushing for 121 yards and 2 TDs on 8 carries all in the last 7:10 of the game.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Wisc 7 3 10 0 20
    Pur 7 21 7 7 42

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Purdue aint ranked yet?

Hey Murk...DO me a favor and make sure you kick Penn St.'s Azz so hard they drop down a star....Wink, wink....

Ill get my game in tonight fellas.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It might be tomorrow late sometime before I get mine in...I want to play it though, so bear with me. I was set to play it just a little bit ago, but the boss came home and wanted to go to dinner....so.....I'll get it done asap.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I doubt theyd drop enough for you to get them. They are a 6 star now, and most likely have a great winning percentage.

edit: oh, and I made a typo...I already play PSU. I play #1 Michigan next week.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well..... 63-10

Its a big Rivalry game for our boys. It didnt start out so hot. First two possessions ended in turnovers. One fumble and one interception. But, USM had to stay focused and regather themselves. They came back strong with a hell of a flurry. TD after TD. Some great things happened for the team today, but the coaches still want to see some better performances out of the team. Less sloppy is one main thing that stood out. Also it was incredibly frustrating seeing junior shut down corner return 2 punts for 60+ yards only to get tackled at the 5 yard line.

But a huge positve that the coach liked alot. With 6:07 in the 4th, USM was able to get the ball back on the one yard line. The coach went into chew clock mode. The final drive of the game went for 99 yards and 6:07. There was only 29 seconds left in the game, but the coach felt that since the squad had done the work to get there, he had to finish the drive strong.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ok I'm done..

Arizona 34 - Stanford 25

Stanford is very good, and they played very well. They have a RB named Stepfan Taylor who is freaking outstanding.

Chris Hamby had 138 yards and 3 td's, but the player of the game was our punter who punted the ball 3 times and pinned Stanford inside their own 10 all 3 times. This was just one of those games that the cpu didn't want to lose but lost eventually.

Their RB had 130 rushing yards 2 td's and 91 yards receiving. He is a beast!

The difference in the game was basically the field position and Stanford went 2-9 on 3rd downs, and 2-5 on 4th down.

Ok sorry it took so long, I was the last game so we can advance whenever York gets back online.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

are we advanced yet???

How'd you guys feel about starting a hall of fame that would carry over to 2011??

13. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Don't think we're advanced.

HELL YES on the HOF though!! Would be fun IMHO.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea I like the HOF idea too. Tech's WR Charles already working on his campaign. :p

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea I like the HOF idea too. Tech's WR Charles already working on his campaign. :p

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

No body touches DeAundre Brown bee-yatches!!!!

LETS GOOOOO!!!! ADVANCE PLEASE