Week 8, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We advanced,

We move again, wed morning...or sooner, If all done. We need to get off of this late night schedule, so youve got 2 nights to get it in...

This week, LSU vs Memphis in the Matty is F'd bowl
    Besides that, the rest of you pansies have some very winnable games for the second week in a row.

Just lloked at job security, going to be a quite Carousel, Cincy, Arizona, UCLA and wake might be open...MIGHT

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

they'll all just hire the OC coordinator of a 2-10 New Mex St...

In a random update of the past 2 weeks, Western KY lost a heartbreaker and then won big.

In the loss, I experienced a little bit of "serves me right" for playing the role of the dbag a tad. I was down whole game vs somebody (dont even remember who it was... in the Sun Belt they all bleed together, sigh) but caught up through turnovers and found myself with the ball with :40 seconds left and zero timeouts. Well, I throw a 15yd out and then call hurry-up O. Never seen this, but when I hiked the ball some kind of glitch or something happened and the entire Def (like all 11) blitzed and it looked weird so I saw it early and just hucked the ball up to a streaking wideout who i kid you not was 30yds open. He caught the ball, I sprint the sideline, and see there is like 15 seconds left, giving me the spontaneous and brilliant idea to be a dbag for a split second and run across the field close to the goalline to kill some seconds. Well, when you are a dbag, you get treated like one I suppose. Halfway across the field, whaddya know! Clipping flag comes out, lmao. Damnit! Hilltoppers lose. Serves me right.

The next week I whooped an 0-4 Florida Atlantic in a game that saw a KO return and 2 fumble recovery TDs. Just another week living the dream in the Sun Belt.

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

In LSU recruiting news - I somehow lost the nation's 4 OLB and #116 player who happens to be from Louisiana to none other than NEVADA. Are you freaking kidding me?

4. vatechhokie01

Guys, I know that we are 6 seasons and like 7 months in and the focus and content and "seriousness" (you know what I mean) is taking a hit naturally, but please play sim football the best u know how. We still are not gonna allow cheesy crap. Be better than that.

Summary: Mormon u r lame as hell and that game was the definition of cheese. Don't defend yourself. Just stop. We will be throwing your game out and u are taking a sim. I just pray u lose to duke! Moron.

5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

My bad! I knew it when I was playing it, but was board and kept throwing the ball. I will bring my play back to reality, wont happen again.

6. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

As karma would have it, I lost a 4 star FS to none other than Kent. I guess the SIM gods wanted to punish my douchey play by taking a much needed recruit from me! I have learned my lesson, I will stop acting like a Ute!

• Like Like x 1
  7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Mormon--how are we losing guys to crappy schools?

8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I've heard that those crooked guys at Kent St. offer a little more than just a good education. Something along the lines of "The Blue Oyster" in the movie Police Academy.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

10. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Karma no doubt!

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

This just coming down from the Commish's office...all first team Miami players will be required to sit out the next game after their sim against Duke....Punished

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State caps off a great week with a victory over Buffalo.

In what can be summed up as a program building week for the Kent State Golden Flashes, which saw head coach Andrew Profio sign his first 4 star recruit during his tenure at Kent, the Flashes continued their solid play as of late. Offensively Kent was very one dimensional, but the need to pass didn't come up. "They couldn't stop our running game, so I said let's keep it on the ground." Profio said after the game. The duo of Akise Teague and Adam Justice ran the ball 40 times and combined for 247 yards with each scoring a touchdown.

The Flashes got on the board when senior quarterback Jordan Tarver found Josh Barber for a 42 yard touchdown strike early in the second quarter. This would be the only pass Tarver would complete the rest of the game. The score at halftime? 7-0.

Buffalo tied things up when quarterback Joe Licata found wideout Ron Willoughby from 4 yards out midway through the 3rd quarter. Kent would regain the lead for good on a 30 yard field goal off the leg of Grant Cooper.

Justice would find the endzone from 40 yards out to push the lead up to 10 for Kent. All American safety Champ Johnson would pick off a Licata pass and returned it 58 yards to the house. Teague would then put the cap on the victory with a 45 yard touchdown run.

The running game was a key factor for the Flashes victory, but the main reason was the hard hitting defense. True freshmen Riley Hills and Stanford Holt continue their solid seasons in big ways. Hills, a defensive tackle, had 5 tackles, 5 for loss, 5 sacks, and 1 forced fumble. Holt, a cornerback, had 3 tackles, 1 interception, and a deflection along with several pass breakups. The Flashes as a whole, forced 4 turnovers, 2 fumbles and 2 interceptions, and 9 sacks.

"We worked our defense hard during the week because of last week's performance against Bowling Green. I personally oversaw their preparation for this game and pushed each one of them to their breaking points. Giving up that many points is unacceptable if your a Golden Flash." Profio said after the game. "I am proud of all our guys, and this a great win....but we have a lot to work on. 3-4 now on the year, but we haven't played a total complete game yet. Offense, defense, and special teams need to come together for us to accomplish the things we want to."

STATS

Jordan Tarver: 1/10 45 yards 1 touchdown 1 interception

Akise Teague: 28 carries, 187 yartds, 1 touchdown

Adam Justice: 7 carries, 71 yards, 1 touchdown

Josh Barber: 1 catch, 1 touchdown

Riley Hills: 5 tackles, 5 sacks, 5 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble

Champ Johnson: 1 interception, 1 touchdown

Stanford Holt: 3 tackles, 1 interception

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Only 10 passes to 40 rushes? Almost as bad as my 11 rushing attempts! ;)

14. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Coach Shapiro having learned his lesson and not wanting to return to prision will sit the following players vs. Georgia Tech

QB Jeremy Ross Junior (RS) 86
    HB Jay Jackson Senior (RS) 86
    WR Lee Edwards Senior 90
    WR Rashawn Scott Senior (RS) 90

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I think even Heath passes more than 10 times. ;)

16. vatechhokie01

Mormon u are required to sit ur entire first teams on both sides of the ball.. Mass sub at beginning.. And we're watching!

17. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

WTF, I only have 8 o linemen. I can do it everywhere but the o-line

18. vatechhokie01

Just mass sub an let the chips fall

19. Goose

Goose Walk On

I just tried to log into the game to play the VT game and I got a transfer failed. It was stuck at the downloading checking for updated posts or something like that for like 5 minutes then I got the transfer failed.

mmullen8
    vatechhokie01

20. vatechhokie01

Mine was fine.

21. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll retire from the OD site and mmullen8 can reinvite me. I'll join back up after work and recruit, probably won't be able to play and sim the game with the advance.

22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

so you got up at 4 am to get a transfer failed? I wont be able to reinvite you until i get home tonight around 9pm ct. heath can you get this?

23. Goose

Goose Walk On

Yep great f'ing start to the day.

• Like Like x 1
  24. vatechhokie01

Don't retire until u try again right?

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

I can try again when I get home if you'd like.