Week 8 Season 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 20, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

It's here. Max will be tmr at 11 PM EST for CPU games, another 24 hours for user games.

2. IrishBearcat

HEISMAN RB BIGELOW RUNS OVER COUGARS
    [​IMG]

Cal RB Brendon Bigelow rushed for 202 yards and 4 touchdowns (54, 6, 46, & 23 yard TDs) against WSU
    Coach IrishBearcat stressed throughout the entire week that the defense would have to play much better against the WSU spread attack than it had done in the previous two seasons if they wanted to win the ball game. Last season the Cougars scored on Cal's defense on every offensive possession in the first half. The Golden Bears defense took the field and immediately put together a stop. On Cal's second offensive play of the game RB Brendon Bigelow flew past the WSU front seven and took it 54 yards for a touchdown. WSU answered with a long touchdown of their own to tie the score at the end of the first 7-7.

The Cougar defense held Cal to a field goal, and the spread offense would continue to keep humming. Cal found themselves down 10-14 with the ball on WSU's 1 yard line with 1 second left in the half. Coach IrishBearcat decided to challenge his team to use their size and strength to their advantage. FB Travis Capps slammed into the end-zone to give California a 17-14 lead at halftime.

Golden Bears began the 3rd quarter with the football. After a few runs QB Kyle Boehm hit WR Matt Johnson over the top for a 73 yard touchdown to go up 24-14. You could feel the crowd was energized by the change of momentum. Bigelow added two touchdowns, including an incredible 46 yard run after spinning out of a would-be WSU tackler. The Cougars added one touchdown in the third to make the score 38-21.

Brendon Bigelow was beginning to break off some RIDICULOUS runs. He spun out of another tackle and showed off his speed running away from a defender to add his fourth touchdown on a 23 yard run. WSU added a touchdown, but backup RB Shaun Young broke off a 29 yard touchdown to seal the 52-29 victory over Coach Murk and his squad.

GG MurkYa21 , once you some improved defensive talent your team is gonna be VASTLY improved. I liked all the long socks and visors, you guys look like they have swagger!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I've got a game scheduled at 7 central, and plan on leaving work a little early today, so I could possibly get home around 5:30-5:45 central time. If I did, I could play right then if you could. Otherwise, it would be after 8 central before I could play when I finish my other game. What's your schedule looking like?

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I am free from now until 9:30 P.M. EST.

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Cool, I'll do my best to leave here early and jet home to try to catch you around 5:30-5:45 central if not sooner than that.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Alright just text me when you get in you still have my #?

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Yep, I'll shoot you a text when I get in

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Alright see you then.

10. IrishBearcat

Excited for advance with so many prospects visiting, crossing my fingers for a few big-time commits!

I think I got too caught up this season with interest in many of the Top 5 prospects at each position that I ultimately didn't have a great shot to sign. Also, by wasting time on those recruits I missed out on choices #2, #3, #4.. etc. and now am settling for much less.

I've fixed my board. It definitely could have been better though. We plan on a strong finish and will adjust accordingly for S6!

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well half my board committed elsewhere.

12. IrishBearcat

What was your recruiting strategy and why do you think that happened? Did you try and woo every #1 prospect at their position too? lol

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I recruited for the 3-4, so I wanted ends who can shed blocks and have good acceleration and they were in the top 10 lol so pretty much just like you

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Had a DC so the score will look different on the dynasty wire than it was, but the final was 42-9, UCLA over Colorado. UCLA's d gave me problems all day, just couldn't get the line to block. His DT was killing my line... GG again -Cougars- I think that gives you the front runner lead to reclaim your spot in the Pac 12 Championship game. The rest of my schedule is pretty tough and I fully expect to drop another one so you won't even be forced to win out to keep the spot.

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

GG again man, that's the best my D has played all season. I look forward to facing the Buffaloes in the future

16. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Snuck out of Utah with a victory. 41-34. My kicker nailed a 61 yard FG. It was a battle back and forth with both teams...