Week 8 summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thievaryx, Nov 15, 2009.

1. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Week 8 summaries

Kent State rolls thru Northern Illinois
    [​IMG]
    A huge blow in the late 1st quarter when:
    • WR Robinson broke his collarbone. Out for season
    • RB Flowers tweaked his hamstring. Probable for next week.
    • QB Morgan injured his shoulder. Out around 4 weeks.

QB Morgan was leading FBS in passing with 2395 yds, his backup QB Battles struggled mightily when he entered the game in the 1st quarter. His first three series ended with interceptions and allowing NIU to take control early 21-14.

Battles later settled down as Kent State turned to the rushing attack, he ended the day with 249yds on 24 of 39 passing, 1TD and 3Ints.

NIU's offense turned predictable later in the game as they were falling behind, which allowed the KS pass rush to pin their ears back and go after the QB.

Kent State 49, NIU 28.

With the win they improve to 6-1 on the year and look ahead to travel to Miami(OH) to face a struggling 1-5 squad.
    [​IMG]

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Originally Posted by NDColts

3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Wow, someone send him the trophy already!

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I am really really getting frustrated with the injuries. i want to run the ball but i have my starter and my backup out for another 6 and 7 weeks. I know he will have a down game against memphis as i am sure he will be covered. Borne does a decent job but can afford to give to many handoffs cause i lose him then im even in more trouble. Just glad Forrest can still get open

5. NDCOLTS1979

Would much rather have the Conference Usa trophy which i dont see getting this year

6. BG

BG On The Rize!

Is their anyone else worthy of getting a pass ND. Give everyone else a fighting chance, PLEASE!!! LOL!

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada vs Louisiana Tech

Nevada was able to avenge last years loss to LA Tech on their opponents field. The game was C. Kapernick's outcoming performance. He scorched Tech's pas defense in tune to a 27 of 40 for 457 yds and 4 Td's and 1int. This game was by far his best of the season and what Coach Forever has called "Peaking at the right time". He made this comment in regards to next weeks opponent Boise St; who is currently ranked number two in the country and playing Championship caliber football.
    "Their team is very good. The are lead by a seasoned Qb who is playing lights out football. He's virtually unstopable". Coach Forever made these statements in regards to Boise State QB, Kellen Moore. The Second Team All American is currently third in the Heisman voting; throwing for 1927 yds and 22 td with only 1 int so far this season. The two teams will meet next week with the winner taking control of the WAC Conference. Last year, The Wolfpack upset Boise State in Boise. This year the game will be played in Nevada.

Now back to the current game!!! La Tech was able to contain Nevada's running game throughout the game, so Nevada had to go to the air; and they did with great success. Kapernick threw 2 of his 4 td's in the first half to take a 23-9 halftime lead. The Wolfpack was able to extend their lead to 37-14 with 1:14 remaining in the third qtr. LA Tech's offense was able to get their passing attack going late in the third qtr, but the game was pretty much under control. The win improves Nevada's season record to 6-0(3-0). Next week, Nevada squares of with the #2 ranked Boise St. Broncos for what should be a nationally televised game!!!

Final Score:
    Nevada- 54
    LA Tech- 28

[​IMG]
    C. Kapernick threw for a season high 457 yds and 4 td's in route to a 54-28 win over LA Tech.[/CENTER]​

8. NDCOLTS1979

I try lol i dont know if my qb dont like them or what but half the time he over throws them or gets it nowhere near them. Forrest either drops it or catches it. Its always on target though

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tualne vs UCF
    Last season the Green Wave rolled into Orlando on a 10 game winning streak and a possible BCS bowl in its sights. They had spent the last few weeks reading about how good they were. UCF came out and took Tulane to the woodshed 41-21. Would history repeat itself?

Yes it would....for a quarter. UCF jumps out to a 14-0 lead early. Tulane then outscores UCF 35-7 over the next 3 to get revenge and keep the BCS bowl dreams alive, 35-21.

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Buffalo wins a wild one!

Toledo strolled into Western New York and played one of the wildest games of the year, Toledo scored first then Buffalo answered with 28 in a row, but Toledo scored right before the half to make it 28-14 at the half. The third quarter not much happened but a couple of Buffalo punts and a couple of Toledo FG's. The score was 28-20 at the end of the third quarter, then the craziness begins Buffalo kicks a FG to start the 4TH quarter then after the Kickoff A Thomas breaks an 80 yd TD run(poor tackling by me as usual) and a 2 pt conversion, then afte Buffalo TO M Williams breaks a 35 yd TD run to give Toledo the lead 35-31. On the ensueing drive Buffalo could only muster a FG, now needing a stop on 3rd in 5 M Williams busts a 66 yd TD run to put Toledo up 42-34 with 2:30 left. Buffalo drives down the field and scores a TD on a 1 yard run by Brandon Thermilus ,then Buffalo goes for 2 and the tie. STUFFED! Thermilus is stuffed just short of the goaline. But its not over as Buffalo recovers the onside kick with 50 seconds left,then on the first play a dump off that turns into a 61 yd TD pass to put the Bulls up 48-42 with 39 seconds left. Toledo still had 3 time outs left and drives down the field but time finally ran out after they just got inside the 30 yard line.

Buffalo 393 yds passing and 141 rushing

Toledo 136 yds passing and 280 rushing

11. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Wow, thats pretty insane!

12. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Memphis Alot ECU 10

This game was a blowout not because Memphis played that spectacular, but ECU played so bad. Memphis offense moved the ball with ease the entire game while the defense found very little difficulty stopping ECU.