Week 8 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by slim, Oct 18, 2010.

1. slim

slim Walk On

Baylor 35 Texas 28.

It was such an amazing game i don't even know how to describe it. It went down as my #1 classic of all time. This game had it all - a pick 6, goal line stands, bone headed play calls, controversial referee calls, a horrific injury, and a fumble returned for a TD by Texas with no time left to send the game into overtime. I still can't believe I won. I'm going to try to come back and do an interview because this game just had it all and there was so much riding it on it.

2. slim

slim Walk On

Reporter: Coach slim, tell us how you got your team ready for Texas?
    Coach Slim: Good question. Our guys played out of their minds. They really made some plays and bailed me out. This was a complete player win. Too many times the coaches get the credit but our guys really went out there and just whooped their man every play. For the first time in a long time I think our guys knew they could beat Texas.

Reporter: Tell us about the decision to go for the touchdown right before half.
    CS: Well at the point we were up 7 and I really thought we could put the game away. The replays clearly showed our FB getting to the 2 which would have been a first down. That tape is getting sent to the Big 12 office for sure. If I had to do all over again I would do the same thing.

R: Losing Griffin for the season on the last play of regulation had to be devasting enough. Then watching them run the fumble back to tie up...tell us what was going through your mind.
    CS: Lord. I mean what can you say. I was so proud of our back up QB. We get the ball first in OT. He really took team on his shoulders. We wanted to settle him down so we call an option right. He keeps the ball on the option and goes 20 yards. The next play he punches it in. You can't make that storyline up. We talk all the time about accountability and being ready to pick up your teammates and that's the perfect example. And losing Griffin...ohh boy. He's probably the leading Heisman candidate right now and to see him laying on the field your heart just goes out to him.

R: Thanks Coach and congratulations on the big win. It's been a long time since Baylor was in position to win the Big 12 south.
    CS: Thanks but we have a long ways to go before we can talk about winning the south. That was a good win but I was reminding our guys that we beat OU last year and didn't even go to a bowl game. I'd also like to give out some game balls before we go:

Kent - his pick 6 put us up early and really set the tone.
    Defense - 2 interceptions, a goal line stand with under 2 minutes left, constant pressure on UT's qback....WOW.
    Griffin - great kid, great performance. i hope we can keep it going with him out.

3. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

That was great Slim. Sounds like it was an excellent game.

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

Mississippi State at Kentucky Wildcats

Kickoff now.State wins toss and defers, will kick.

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

Miss State leads 28 to 0 at the half

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

Miss State coasts in second half to 28-7 Victory

The Bulldogs improved to 7-1 on the year and kept pace with Crimson Tide and rival Ole Miss in the SEC West with a convincing 28 to 7 victory over the Kentucy Wildcats. Miss State jumped out to a 28 to 0 halftime lead and cruised in the second half. "Pollsters havent showed us much respect, hopefully a pretty convincing victory like this will earn us some," said junior tailback Montrell Conner, who had 11 carries for 50 yards and a touchdown, "We could have probably done a lot more in the second hlaf but coach kinda pulled us off the gas." Hickerson indeed did do so, Tyler Russell finished the first half with 180 yards and only threw for 27 yards in the second to finish the day 15 for 25 for 207 yards and 2 touchdowns to zero interceptions. "We played field position ball in the second half, no reason to risk turning the ball over, or making a stupid mistake and letting them get breathing room, I felt like we took the life from them in the first half and I did not want to risk doing anything to let them breathe again in the second half," said Hickerson. When asked about the lack of respect his team was receiving and style points he replied with "Respect is earned over time, we continue to win, we will get respect, we win the SEC West, we will get respect, as far as style points goes, right now I do not believe in that... I was taught a win was a win"

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...A7176B&dynid=83238&sku=661A0001&sid=1&wknum=7
    it wont let me enter a link, so here is the website copied and pasted for HIGHLIGHTS ^^^^^

7. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

#4 NCSU-59
    Wake-34

Defense didn't show for either team. Not my best performance, but close to 60 points is pretty nice.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Upset
    #3 Wasington 28
    Oregon State 35

a kick return lost me the momentum and the game. the last one with the ball won the game

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

[​IMG]

The #3 huskies fall short as a resurgent Oregon st team beats their second top 10 team in 2 weeks!

The game started out with 2 big Runs by both teams! Chris Polk of the washington Huskies Broke a 73 yard Sprint for a TD. Then the next Drive, Jacquizz Rodgers ...not to be outdone , broke a 70 yard run for a TD!!
    I think the Defense played pretty good. They played great on third downs. Stopping them 40 % of the time. Just enough to win :) Another key to the game, Oregon state had over 600 yards
    of Offense and 24 1 st Downs comapred to Washingtons 472 and 17.

One sad note, The Quizz went down around halftime ..out for 2 weeks. :(

It was one great game and a fun one at that!