Season 2 Week #8: Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NeuroticTruth, Aug 15, 2012.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

2. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Maryland Looking For Answers After Late Rally From Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Player of the Game: QB Philip Sims - Virginia - 17/24, 215 Yards, 2 TDs, 6 Car, 9 Yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

ROGERS IS CURE FOR VOLS' BAMA BLUES
    Late TD gives Tennessee 17-16 Win
    [​IMG]
    Tennessee finally ended close to a decade of dominance by Alabama in this fierce rivalry. Alabama's defense was stellar against the run, only allowing Vol RB Rajon Neal 69 yards on 27 carries. QB Tyler Bray shook off an early INT and played a game Tennessee fans have been waiting for. He completed 14-21 passes for 232 yards and 2 TD's. His main targets, WR's Justin Hunter and Rogers (pictured above) accounted for 185 of those yards and both TD's.
    The Vol D held its own against a formidable Tide offense all game. The pounding ground game of Alabama was held to 33 yards while the passing game barely cracked 170 yards. Tennessee gets no rest as next up is the South Carolina Gamecocks. Due to its loss to Florida, Tennessee can't afford to drop any more SEC games.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:

Will you send that guy to Maryland for a day so he can teach my WRs how to catch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Texas A&M rolls on with out Showers. Beats Ole Miss 38-14

Johnny Manziel Shines through the air going 17 of 29 with 292 yards and 2TDs.

Running game still struggling. Ben Malena was able to bring up 132 yards and 2TDs on 30 carries. Rushing productivity is down but the team is back on the winning track.

6. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Tough Loss
    [​IMG]
    This was a game where Pitt took their opponent to lightly. Scoring did not start till the second quarter as GT would make a 30 yard FG to put them out to a 3-0 lead. Pitt later in the quarter would get on the board as Myers would find Williams wide open in the middle of the field for a 14 yard TD pass. As time expired in the second quarter GT would decide to leave their triple option and pass the ball and did that payoff as Synjyn Davis would find HB Broderick Snoddy for a 22 yard TD pass. This would give GT a 14-10 lead at halftime. Pitt would end up getting the only score of the third quarter as Bennett would find the end zone from 5 yard out but this TD was all set up by a deep route to Street. In the fourth quarter GT would take the lead back with a TD pass to Alvarez. Pitt would tie the game with a FG and send this game to OT. Both teams would pick up TDs in their first drives. The Key to this OT period was the next set of downs as Pittsburgh would only be able to get a FG. GT would take advantage of that and they would get the game winning TD.
    Final Score:
    GT 30
    Pitt 27

Play of the Game

The game winning TD for GT

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Tigers Earn Another
    Orange are no match for Clemson.
    [​IMG]
    Syracuse- The Clemson Tigers win their fifth game of the season against a very formidable, but struggling Syracuse squad 31-21. Both teams would trade scores in the first half to go into intermission tied at 14 all. The biggest difference in the game came in the fourth quarter as the Tiger defense held The Orangemen to no points while scoring 2 td's; one by way of a 27yd td pass from Tahj Boyd to Martavis Bryant and another a short while later from true freshman HB, Mason McFarland. Syracuse would make things interesting late in the fourth quarter with a late punt return for a score, but the Clemson defense stood tall in the end with an interception to seal the deal from CB Bashaud Breeland. Next up, The Tigers welcome The Maryland Terrapins to Death Valley to try and avenge last season's heartbreaking loss!

• Like Like x 1
  8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Nice win Radio! Now Bama is going to be pissed off when they play me... :(

• Like Like x 2
  9. onaradio34

25-24 Bama win last year so yeah...very rewarding to give them a dose this year.

Conservative catch my friend. How many tackles do you really break anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  10. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Tbqh, I dont really mess with the Aggressive / Conservative settings unless I'm trying to chew clock. Maybe I'll give it a try.

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

When I start seeing multiple drops on a drive, I will switch it to conservative for a little while. If you have ever switched it to aggressive, you will see some amazing spectacular catch animations for the guys that are capable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. onaradio34

It's depends on the situation for me too. Rain/snow, I usually have it on. Teams like Bama or UGA that seem to Hit Stick your receivers every damn play, I throw it on. I've never tried the aggressive, figured I would break a controller at the drops.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BG

BG On The Rize!

I thought agressive everthing was banned, smh!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Gators win ​
    Clip Mizzou 47-37 (i think)​
    Will Thomas throws 4 TD's 2 picks and rushes for a TD in the win​
    Pittman adds two more TDs​
    Cody Riggs had a pick 6​
    Mack Brown rushed for over 100 yards​

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I honestly am not sure. If you thought the drops were bad normally, switch it to aggressive. There are some mind blowing dropped balls. But there are some amazing catch animations as well.

We really don't see probably more than half of the catch animations that are out there because of what we do with the sliders. There are some animations that "unlock" as you give the WR's more of their abilities back when you raise the sliders. Same goes for FB blocking in the hole, and RB's making guys miss. We hamper our studs that bad that they never really show their true abilities.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Per our official rules:

• Like Like x 1
  17. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I agree with this, but unfortunately to see all the real cool stuff, it inhibits the computer from being relevant for the most part. Have to draw the line somewhere between realistic stats and outcomes versus "eye orgasms".

• Like Like x 2
  18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Now, is aggressive zones banned? Like say on a 3rd and short that I want to play man, and I want my safeties to look short first, the aggressive zone helps with this. Now, I am really vulnerable to the over the top pass when playing this, so it has its downfalls, but I do use it as part of my defense every so often.

And the aggressive setting for playing the option is the one that attacks the QB instead of the RB.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  19. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I agree with this as well. I remember playing with sliders a few times to see the animations, and some of them were nuts. You will still see them every so often with great WR's anyway, but less often.

20. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I suppose those are ones we can look at more closely. That Rule G.5.1 has been from prior years where aggressive everything was just full on cheese.

• Like Like x 2
  21. BG

BG On The Rize!

Although I dont currently use it, I have had a lot of trouble containing the QB on the read option. If you dont use the agressive setting to key the QB, most of your defenders go straight to the HB, which leaves the QB open a lot. I guess you could blitz, but that hasn't worked that well for me either, lol!

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

BG, I have experienced the same thing as well. In my season 1 loss to CA, I keyed Denard late in the game, and still the defense followed the RB. I only sometimes get lucky that the blitz goes to the QB. Most often the QB is left alone for big gains.

23. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I always just user cover the QB on an option and expect a CPU controlled player to pick up the HB. Sometimes it has burned me but I have had decent success keeping QB's in check. Luckily, there aren't many in the SEC that run the option though.

• Like Like x 1
  24. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I tried that against Shoelace with Anthony Hitchens. Tried to push him back inside towards my help, but my help was all tackling the ball-less RB. Granted, Denard was going to gain yards, but if I had help, he was not getting a TD.

25. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I do this too.