Week 8 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Aug 18, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Post here you bunch of slackers!!!

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Solid Win for Stoops

Jayhawks are no match for Oklahoma.​
    [​IMG]
    Oklahoma- The Oklahoma Sooners get a huge conference win over The Kansas JayHawks. Oklahoma's QB, Landry Jones completed 16 of his 21 attempts for 325yds and 3 td's with 0 ints. HB Roy Finch gained 149yds on the ground with 2 td's in place of starting HB Dominique Whaley, who is out with an injury. WR Kenny Stills and Jalen Saunders combined for 10 receptions for 168yds and a td. The win gives The Sooners a 5-2(3-1) record going into a bye.
    Final Score: 52 - 17 Oklahoma

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Cincinnati at Toledo
    The Cincinnati Bearcats rolled into their neighbor Toledo hoping to avenge the upset Central Michigan handed to them the week prior. Toledo seemed to be a prime opponent to get back on the win wagon against. The Rockets had other plans however. Another big quarter for the opposition handed the Bearcats their third loss in a row against non-conference competition. The Bearcats contested the game to the end with late drama, but it was not their night.
    The first quarter started with a bang, as unbeknownest to the coaching staff, Toledo apparently runs a no-huddle spread offense. Widespread confusion was rampant throughout, as Toledo struck in the first minute with a Reedy 15 yard pass to Owens for a touchdown. Cincinnati went three-and-out on their opening possession, and the Rockets marched down the field again, scoring a field goal off the leg of Jay Detmer. Cincinnati managed to put up a field goal as time expired in the first quarter, but the Bearcats found out they would have a worthy opponent today.
    Second quarter was marked by defensive prowess on both sides, with the only points coming off of a huge 78 yard playaction pass play from the backup Cincinnati senior quarterback Brandon Kay to Andrew Chisum, tying the game up with one minute in the second. Both teams went into the halftied at 10.
    Third quarter brought another collapse on both sides for the Bearcats. Their opening possession stalled out just past midfield, and Toledo marched down the field, scoring a rushing touchdown which was set up by a 46 yard jaunt by Fluellen (a complete bull-spit play if I ever saw one, he broke a tackle and the animation super-pushed him through a wideout, leaving him alone in space. I was furious at this, I raged for a good five minutes over this computer glitch, needless to say it probably carried on through the entire third quarter lol). Fluellen would be delivered justice in the form of an injury on the next play, giving Reeves the opportunity to score the touchdown. Next possession, Brandon Kay threw his first interception deep in the secondary by Toledo's Madison, which he proceeded to take to the house (again, more animation bull-spit, apparently you can't gangtackle the computer in a break tackle animation even though there are 10 guys right around him, and somehow he escapes the mosh untouched :mad:). Cincinnati's ensuing possession stalled, and Toledo led at the break 24-10.
    Fourth quarter started with Toledo virtually securing the victory on a 21 yard rush by Reeves for a touchdown. Cincinnati managed to piece together a huge and long drive, totaling 12 plays which took three minutes off the clock, culminating with a six yard TD pass from Kay to Andrew McClung and a successful two-point conversion (I apologize for going for the two points, i messed up the math in my head as I was contemplating my options). Cincinnati couldn't grab the onside kick, and Toledo took the ball to try to run out the clock. For whatever reason, they ran two straight draws up the middle, which I keyed into and stuffed them (that play was virtually their entire running attack lol). Third down brought a botched option, with a questionable missed pitch that was ruled an incompletion (i would have prefered the fumble honestly). Next possession, Cincinnati threw an absolute bomb down the field to Andrew McClung again, this time going for 87 yards to the house!. Suddenly, Cincinnati had hope, and a reason to live. And since they got the surprising two point conversion on a fake field, they had the opportunity to win the game...if they grabbed the onside kick, which unfortunately they didn't, and Toledo held on for the 31-25 upset victory.
    Cincinnati has been a big bag of baloney in the third quarter, where they can't generate offense, stop big plays, and turn the ball over like a suntanner on the beach. They will need to improve on this and learn to play more consistent if they hope to halt their losing streak. Cincinnati rolls into Louisville next week hoping to put one over their rivals and help further their efforts to win the Big East Championship.

4. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

76-7!

USC hangs 76 points on the Buffaloes.
    AUG 183:05PM
    • [​IMG]
      TD: M. Barkley pass to D. Flournoy for 51yds
    [​IMG] # Colorado 0 7 0 0 7
    [​IMG] # USC 17 28 14 17 76

FIRST QUARTER​

5:47​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 8 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    4:05​
    FG​
    [​IMG] USC Andre Heidari K #48 46 yard FG
    0:59​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC De'Von Flournoy WR #10 51 yard TD from Matt Barkley QB #7 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

SECOND QUARTER​

6:42​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 2 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    2:19​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Robert Woods WR #2 93 yard TD from Matt Barkley QB #7 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    1:49​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Lamar Dawson MLB #55 24 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    1:39​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Isiah Wiley CB #14 38 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    0:45​
    TD​
    [​IMG] CU Tony Jones HB #26 3 yard TD (Will Oliver K #29 kick)

THIRD QUARTER​

3:14​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Marqise Lee WR #9 42 yard TD from Matt Barkley QB #7 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    0:17​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 12 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

FOURTH QUARTER​

5:22​
    FG​
    [​IMG] USC Andre Heidari K #48 22 yard FG
    5:10​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Cody Kessler QB #6 19 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    0:00​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Victor Blackwell WR #85 24 yard TD fromCody Kessler QB #6 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

5. onaradio34

TEMPLE BEATS RUTGERS IN OT THRILLER
    [​IMG]
    Temple kept its Big East dreams alive with a upset of the Scarlet Knights in OT, 34-31. Temple looked to have the game won in regulation after driving into FG range with under 2 minutes remaining. Rutgers was able to force a fumble and would score quickly on a HB screen to go up by 7. With just under 30 seconds left, all Temple could hope for was to win a jump ball. WR M. Eugene blew past the safety and raced 77 yards for the tying TD. Temple survived a couple Rutger heaves to get the game to OT. A promising start was cut short after Temple was stopped 3 times inside the 3 yard line and had to settle for a FG. The Temple D stepped up and got a huge sack on 3rd down to force Rutges out of FG range. SS Gildea then picked off the 4th down pass after the WR dropped a sure fire 1st down. The win improved Temple's record to 5-2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

That is a huuuuuge win onaradio34. Rutgers is almost dunzo early in the race for the Big East title it looks like, and its gonna shape up to be an interesting three or four-way race for the title if dmanno2 gets the win against Louisville.

7. onaradio34

Yeah the big east race looks like its gonna be tight. A lot of decent but not great teams. For you guys who haven't played Rutgers, their offense is tough. A lot of power running and playaction. Their HB then bounced 2 good gains to the outside when I was stuffing the middle.

8. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Yeah Rutgers is a tough team. I'll be getting my game in tonight or early tomorrow guys.

9. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Louisville Wins in Final Seconds
    The Cardinals pulled one out in a wild game. USF created two key turnovers in the second half, but couldn't capitalize on them. BJ Daniels threw for 112 yds, 2 TDs, and rushed for 101. Demetris Murray gained 90 on the ground, as the Cardinals seemed to only have a defense in the red zone, or on third down. With a little over a minute left, USF kicker Maikon Bonani set up for a 40 yarder. The kick had plenty of distance, but was wide left. Bonani was 0-2 on field goal attempts.The Cardinals took no time to move the ball downfield, and toy with the USF defense scoring with 11 seconds to go. This was a heartbreaker for the Bulls, and kills all the momentum they had going into this game.
    [​IMG]

10. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Man that Louisville ground attack seemed to break more tackles than I've ever seen. MOST of the rushing yards were after contact. I did blow a few chances and made a few bad play calls, and that was the difference.

11. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Sounds like the three games I've lost as well. If playing on Heisman has taught me anything, its that one mistake can cost you the whole game. And I don't know why the CPU breaks so many tackles, but I've been toying around in my offline dynasty I'm working on and it seems using the conservative Big Hit strategy helps A LOT with reeling in the ballcarrier. Given, the ballcarrier still breaks a decent amount of tackles, but it is much more manageable than the 3 or 4 in a row I see on some plays. Just some friendly advice!

12. onaradio34

Here's the thing with CPU HB's. You kinda have to pump them up a bit for the CPU to have a competitive run game. I know its frustrating to make a good read only to have him bounce off your guy for a good gain. The alternative is a putrid CPU run game though. Bubba is right though, conservative tackling, not using the hit stick, having good positioning, all will help your tackling.

13. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Capture9.PNG

Capture10.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    New Commits:​
    COMMITT2.PNG
    COMMITT3.PNG

14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    West Virginia Rolls to Another Victory Over Kansas State
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Player of the Game: QB Geno Smith - West Virginia - 12/22, 289 Yards, 4 TDs, 2 INT, 10 Car, 58 Yards, 1 TD