Week 8 Swami Sez

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, May 12, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Week 8 and we still have 3 unbeaten teams in football. The defending champion Buffalo Bills, the Baltimore Ravens and the Dallas Cowboys. Each team seems primed to make a run for the title. Can the Ravens "old" defense hold out long enough to win another championship, especially without Ray Lewis? Can the Cowboys bounce back from last years disappointing NFC divisional round loss to the Lions? Can Buffalo complete the unprecedented 3-peat? All teams look promising but we have another week of football to decide whos the best. ON TO SWAMI SEZ!

The Chiefs are reeling now, sitting at 2-4 after making last years AFC Championship. Rumblings out of Kansas City are that fans and even ownership are questioning the decision to go after QB Aaron Rodges - trading away potential superstar safety Aspha Savage. The Chiefs will have their hands full again this week as they face the undefeated Ravens and the 1, 2 punch of Frank Gore and Ray Rice. The Chiefs run defense is usually pretty stout but SWAMI likes the Ravens anyway. Onaje Lewis has a big game and the Ravens stay undefeated.
    [​IMG]

The Carolina Panthers seem to be victims of a very tough division with the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints. Sitting at 3-3 with average offensive and defensive rankings, they face the opportunistic San Francisco 49ers. I give Carolina a chance if they can stop turning the ball over, they are -7 in the turnover category this year - but the 49ers are +5 and lead a balanced offensive attack that doesn't make too many mistakes. SWAMI SEZ? 49ers, by 10 points.
    [​IMG]

Two 2-loss teams look to outlast one another to stay afloat in their division races. The Texans look better on paper, the 4th ranked scoring offense with an above average defense but the Seahawks continue to surprise teams. The have continually been ran over but this year, NO MORE! SWAMI likes the Texans anyway, on the legs of rookie RB Calvin Copeland.
    [​IMG]

The undefeated Cowboys lead one of the top offenses and THE top defense in football into this game against the 5-1 Denver Broncos. The Denver Broncos lead football's top passing attack led by, of course, TE Munchie Cosh. I think rookie LB may be the only player in the league that can match up man to man with TE's like Munchie Cosh so it will be interesting to see who wins that matchup. Its hard to pick against the Cowboys who have lost just 2 games in the last 2 and a half seasons - TMFL Superbowl 2 against the Buffalo Bills and the NFC Divisional round game against the Detroit Lions. SWAMI SEZ? Cowboys - by 6 points.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Giants beat Cowboys for first time in reg season last year...make it 3 losses

3. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

It's actually 4 because I lost to the Ravens after the Giants. BUT I was experimenting with new playbooks just for the hell of it during those losses, plus I had Terrence Newman, Sean Lee, and my starting LE Houston out. So anyways... those are what you call: EXCUSES lol. But a loss is a loss.

4. Keller

Hmmm forgot about that.

5. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

The fans are going to run me out of town. I wish I had the trade back. Eric Berry went down at some point and now my defense is swiss cheese. I took the 2 badass safeties I had last year for granted.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I know that must have been rough, Rodgers was not having a good day. I try to mix up my coverages as much as possible as well. I'm sorry your trade isn't working out like you had hoped. I couldn't be more happy with mine. A few of those big runs by Rice/Gore really put the game out of reach when you were getting close. When one of them is the faintest of yellow, I swap in the other one.

I hope I remain undefeated until I play the Bills, definitely the blockbuster game of the season for the Ravens. I noticed that only three teams remain undefeated: Ravens, Bills, and Cowboys. Any bets on who is the first to fall? :p

7. Keller

Anytime you lose 90+ something players - no matter the position - its a big loss. I don't care if the guys are guards - you come to rely on them and then all of a sudden they're gone.

Madden 12 is just around the corner.

8. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Sniff sniff.... I can't smell it yet Keller, is it really right there around the corner? I need it to get here fast and faster..... HURRY UP!!!! We're ready to start fresh.

9. Keller

Lol.

I expect it to suck anyways - new paint but same ol shit.