Week 8: Titans 35 @ Chiefs 38

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 3, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Week 8: Titans 35 @ Chiefs 38

Kansas City, MO- In a game between teams both looking for momentum heading into the final stretch of the season, the Chiefs narrowly escaped the Titans 38-35. With the OMFL's top two rushers in the spotlight, a backup stole the stage. Kansas City's Jamaal Charles ran for a career high 187 yards on only 9 carries as the Chiefs topped 300 rushing yards for the second straight week.

"I felt like Moses when God split the Red Sea" Charles said afterward.

Not to be left to far in the dark, the "other" two running backs put in their work also. Tennessee's Chris Johnson ran for 175 yards and the Chief's rookie Devanta Sanders touched 183 yards.

After jumping out to a quick 14-0 lead the Chiefs started to relax a little as the Titans seemed to be really determined to get their ground game going. After a little frustration they finally broke the Kansas City defense and put their own 7 on the board. But the half belonged to the Kansas City Chiefs as they pounded their way to a 24-14 halftime lead.

After forcing a Titan's punt to open up the second half, the Chiefs began to march again. But a costly fumble at the Titan's 31 by a Chiefs WR gave the momentum to Tennessee. The Titans would respond with a long touchdown drive as they cut their deficit to 3, 24-21 heading into the fourth.

The Titans would use the momentum they gained at the end of the 3rd quarter to storm back and take the lead, 35-31 late in the fourth on a Lendale White touchdown run. The Chiefs offense, not rattled at all on the day, calmly took the field and scored the go ahead touchdown with just over 3 minutes to play. But Cassel's only mistake of the day occured on their next drive killing the Titan's hopes. An interception iced the game as the Kansas City offense drove all the way down inside the Titans five yard line before killing the clock. Final Score in this one, 38-35.

Matt Cassel(Ten) 10/18 3TD 1INT 169 yards
    Shaun Hill(KC) 10/16 1TD 1INT 153 yards

Jamaal Charles(KC) 9att 187 yards 2TD
    Devanta Charles(KC) 33att 183 yards 2TD
    Chris Johnson(Ten) 18att 175 yards 1TD

Cook Jr.(Ten) 4rec 67 yards 0TD
    Bowe (KC) 3rec 84yds 0TD

Keith Bulluck(Ten) 5 tackles
    D.Johnson(KC) 5 tackles

Crucial Plays of the Game: (Ten)- Failed to score inside the Kansas City 3 yard line in the second half. (KC) Big fourth down conversion late in the game which allowed them to run the clock out. Only went for it because the way you were moving the ball in the 4th it made no sense for me to kick the FG and go up by 6 and leave 2 minutes and change for you Cassel to pick me apart, lol.

GG and GL the rest of the year.

*I have highlights, just haven't uploaded them yet.
  2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    gg jerzey, i cant seem get the wins if i get down by a couple possessions early by trying to force to run. Opened my eyes a bit this game but anyways, Sanders was killing me. If the defense doesnt get penetration and he can choose what hole to take, its an easy ten yards.

Its funny how i can get a smooth connection w/ you in Germany, but i cant get them with ppl 300 miles away.

Anyways GG, and GL the rest of the season.
  3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Honestly, after my comments in the ROY thread I was sitting on the run. When you threw the TD to Gage I started backing off and CJ started getting loose. You put me on my heels in the second half.

Sanders/Charles are zone killers. Lose outside containment and I'm off to the races. But you already know that with CJ in your backfield, lol.

And I'm hardwired in the only server my connection drags ass on is the MW2 servers.