Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by axspecialk, Nov 18, 2010.

1. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

I didnt see a thread hope u dont mind i started one..

Utah State continues to roll.. Beating La Tech 45-14...

This week the aggies took on conference foe La tech.. and made a statement win at home..It was a total team effort as the defense forced a whopping 7 turnovers. and the offense didnt dissappoint when they were given the opportunity..Clay parks battling with injury played in the game and played well going 16-27 245 and 3td. and only throwing 1 int..he also had another carry for a td in the redzone.."Well he missed some big passes out there today but he is coming along.. he is getting smarter and not forcing as much and taking what the defense gives him.. u cant ask for more than that from a tru freshman at qb..i like his progress tho" Said Coach Santana the aggies get a bye week and will have 2 weeks to prepare for San Jose State. and the following week is Idaho which are very important games for the team as it will determine the fate of the wac.

2. grat23

grat23 Walk On

Tulane 45
    Rice 42

Tulane committed six turnovers yet was still able to defeat Rice. Four of the turnovers came off of ints and two from fumbles. Tulane Quaterbacks Tayor Bullock and Ryan Griffin each threw 2 ints. The most costly turnover came in the 4th quarter when Tulane Rb Albert Williams fumbled and the Owls returned the ball for a touchdown. The score gave the Owls a 42-38. The Green Wave responsed with a 21 yard Td by DJ Banks with 1 minute left in the game. Banks score was his 3rd td reception of the day.

3. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Spartans Hold Off New Mexico State for first win of sesaon!

[​IMG]

The Brigham Young Cougars (1-5, 1-2 WAC) defeated the New Mexico State Aggies (3-3, 1-3 WAC) 59-41, in a game that feature the most points scored for SJSU since a 70-63 win over Rice in 2004. Although giving up 41 points and 401 yards of total offense, the Spartan defense forced 3 turnovers and returned two of them for touchdowns. The first half went back and forth and the game was tied at 24 going into the break. During halftime, coach Redwings8831 commented, "We've played well on both sides of the ball, but have to slow them down on offense during the 2nd half."

Momentum turned in favor of the Spartans early in the 3rd quarter when SJSU scored twice in the span of 12 seconds going up 38-24. New Mexico State came right back, cutting the lead to 7 on a 20 yard pass and then tying the game 10 seconds later on a fumble return for a touchdown. An 18 yard run by Chandler Jones, his second of the game put San Jose State up 45-38 after the third quarter.

The SJSU defense decided to show up in the 4th quarter holding the Aggies to only 3 points. Two late Spartans put the game out of reach, as the final score was SJSU 59, NMSU 41.

Coach Redwings8831 commenting on the win, "This was a tremendous win for our program. To get a win before three straight road games against the top three teams in the conference is huge. Hopefully we can build on this momentum during the trips to Fresno, Logan, and Boise. Offensively we were great tonight. Whenever you can run for nearly 400 yards in a game, something is going right."

Notable Statistics:
    David Freeman: 14 carries for 111 yards and a touchdown.
    Brandon Rutley: 14 carries for 90 yards and two touchdowns.
    Chandler Jones: 8 carries for 124 yards and two touchdowns.

Ronnie Yell: 9 tackles, 1 interception returned 29 yards for a touchdown.
    Pablo Garcia: 6 tackles (4 for loss)
    Vince Buhaglar: 6 tackles (3 for loss)
    Kennan Brown: 5 tackles, 1 fumble recovery returned 27 yards for a touchdown.

Harrison Wald: 21 yard field goal, 8 for 8 on extra points

Next Week:
    The Spartans travel to Fresno, California to face WAC foe Fresno State (4-2, 2-2 WAC) in the conference opener. The Aggies continue their road trip to Boise, to face #5 Boise State.

4. alemic

alemic Walk On

Indiana takes down Texas A&M... The restart was because my internet went out on me like its about to do now... I will post a full recap later. Good recaps guys. \

And congratz Redwings on the first win!

5. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho 35 - Hawai'i 23
    Idaho was in control of this game pretty much the whole time. Not a very good statistical day by anyone (except Taylor Elmo) but everything just seemed to work out fine. Defense played well, giving up a few big plays but kept the Hawai'i offense in check. Not a whole lot to talk about here just happy with another win. Idaho improves to 3-4 and 3-1 in the conference.​

Stats:
    QB Brian Reader: 12 of 36 (awful I know) 283 yards, 1 touchdown, 3 interceptions, 44 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD.​
    TE Taylor Elmo: 121 yards receiving.​
    WR Preston Davis 85 yards receiving.​
    DB Thaad Thompson: 8 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and 1 touchdown.​

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

Wow... so it was 7 to 7... mtsu and fau were tied with 4 seconds left in 1st half...i tried an extremely long field goal just as time expired in the half, it was well short, they attempted to return it, i stripped the ball, scooped and score as time expired... 14 to 7, the nreturned the opening kickoff in the second half.... 21 to 7 now... two touchdowns in 14 seconds.

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

WOOWWWWW then they fumbled their next kickoff and i scooped and scored...28 to 7.... 21 points in 21 seconds

8. titangator

titangator Walk On

holy hell lol.,... they scored, then i returned the next kickoff again... i have scored 28 points since my offense took the field

9. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Awesome man. I wish my FIU squad was as optimistic as yours haha

10. titangator

titangator Walk On

lol my team isnt that great... im playing with a 57 overall quarterback, thats why i was so happy to get all those poitns lol

11. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU offense sputters but wins, 35 to 27
    The MTSU offense managed only 7 points on the day, however the special teams was their to save them. When neither the offense or defense played anywhere near the level needed, the special teams ran off 21 points in 21 seconds, then added 7 more 2 minutes later. Right before the half, Coach Hickerson decided to attempt a very long field goal with Alan Gendrea, citing there was nothing to lose, however the kick was well short and FAU had a return set up. However the MTSU special teams forced a fumble, and tight end Byron McLeod rumbled in for the first of 3 touchdowns in 21 seconds. Eric Russell returned the second half kickoff for a touchdown, then a fumble was forced on the ensuing kickoff and MTSU scooped and scored once again. Florida Atlantic would score on their next drive, but Tyler Mason returned the next kickoff giving the MTSU special teams 28 points in a mere 4 minutes. "Sometimes you just have to laugh, it was not the way we wanted to win, or envisioned this happening, but a win is a win, and we will take one of those any day of the week," said Hickerson.

12. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Good win man and I think my QB is 57 points lower than yours.

13. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

how many more ppl.. this sux because i have a bye next week.. damn it man.. had a bye the week before and then a bye the week after.. sheesh i feel like i never get to run with my aggies..

14. alemic

alemic Walk On

We have 2 more user games. And we are done. I'm thinking they will get done tomorrow night if not saturday.

15. C_Breezy803

C_Breezy803 Walk On

[​IMG]ARMY 14 [​IMG]
    SMU 38
    This is not the season Coach Breezy was hoping to have at his new school. SMU has 3 key injuries that has affected their game this year. 2 Junior HBs are injured. Zach Line is out for 8 weeks due to a high ankle sprain and Bryce Lunday is out for the season with a broken collarbone. Junior QB who led the nation last season in passing as a Sophomore, Kyle Padron, is out for the season as well with a foot fracture. Resting on the legs of RS Freshman Kevin Pope and the arm of Junior QB JJ McDermott, SMU comes through with a huge emotional boosting win over Army. At the end of the first, it was tied at 7. SMU, was not going to lose 6 straight. The Mustangs took control in the 2nd quarter going into the half 21-7. From then on it was all SMU. Army got a TD in the final minute against SMU's second string defense. Overall it was definitely a huge win for any Mustang fan. We can definitely look forward to the future. Pope will be with us for 3 more years!
    Player Stats
    Passing
    Army | T. Steelman 9-25 | 119 yds | 1 TD
    SMU | JJ McDermott | 12-24 | 194 yds | 2 TD | 1 INT
    Rushing
    Army | Brian Cobbs | 22 car | 75 yds | 1 TD
    SMU | Kevin Pope | 23 car | 221 yds | 3 TD
    Receiving
    Army | Austin Barr | 5 cat | 60 yds | 1 TD
    SMU | Cole Beasley | 2 catches | 58 yds | 1 TD
    SMU | Bradley Haynes | 2 catches | 50 yds | 1 TD
    Player of the Game: Kevin Pope