Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Oct 1, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Week 8

Post summary here

2. trutest

trutest Walk On

Jets 16 Dolphins 13

This one was ugly from the start. I knew it was going to be a fumble fest once I saw the rain at the start of the game. It was coming down HARD! luckily for me, I won all of the fumble fights (7 i think)

Both teams struggled offensively, I found myself zoned out on 1 receive and it led to a ton of sacks. Not my day at all but luckily the defense did its part.

I tried to push it in the passing game late in the 4th cause Mark Sanchez was having a bad day and I wanted to throw a TD with him to boost his QB rating. That didn't happen.. Instead, I threw 2 INT's and almost lost the game. I was trying hard to put away the game for good but I wasn't able to.

The wind in this game was crazy as well. No matter what side of the field you were on, the wind was not in your favor. It was dead smack in the middle. I thought I could kick a long fg after seeing the wind at 14mph, going straight and to the right but that wasn't the case. The ball just dropped dead way short of the field goal post.

As ugly as it was, I have to say it was one of the most realistic games ever. The wind was on point, the Rain did what it was supposed to do. WRs/HBs/DBs, everyone was dropping passes. The fumbles were a given, I tried hard not to fight off a tackle but at times I just couldn't help it. RB was my favorite button this game. I even saw my primary route WR slip and fall on his route. TWICE! and both times it led to a sack

Good stuff all around. GG Miami, tough loss losing Ronnie Brown for the yr.

3. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

49ers @ Colts

49ers Defense showed up big time in this one, forcing many rushed throws by Manning and tackling hard.

J. Ulbrich got them started "Takeo Spikes went down with injury" with a vicious hit on Addai in the flats to force a fumble then rumble 27 yards to paydirt.

Nate Clements then returned an INT 89 yards for a score

then backed up against his own endzone Manning electing not to throw into good coverage took a safety.

Manny Lawson then returned an INT 71 yards for a TD

Dre Bly's turn was next as picked one off and was headed to the house when the Colts coach had evidently had enough and quit the game. 38 seconds left in the first half 30-14 score. Finished second half against the CPU, held Reggie wayne catchless untill 4th quarter, allowed one TD in 2nd half.

final score 49ers 54 Colts 21

49ers move to 6-2 on the season and will host the titans next,

Player of the game went to NAte Clements who had a pick six, and one more INT and shut down Reggie Wayne completely for most of the game.

gg ellokitolito, better luck next week,
    ;)

4. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Raiders 31 Chargers 28

In San Diego on throwback Sunday commemorating the old AFL, it was all offense in the first half and defense the second half. On Oakland's second play from scrimmage, Jeff Garcia connected with Darrius Heyward-Bey for a 70 yard TD, followed on the next series by Justin Fargas TD run. San Diego would counter with a Darren Sproles screen pass TD.

At the half it was 24-21 Oakland, followed by a defensive 3rd quarter, the action picked up in the 4th with the Chargers taking the early on another Sproles TD.

On Oakland's following possesion, the Raiders managed to make it to midfield before having to punt. the Raider D stepped up got a huge stop. With two mintues left, Jeff Garcia engineered a beautiful two minute offense, including a huge 33 yd pass to Darren McFadden to set up the game-winning TD. With 26 seconds left, Garcia connected with Heyward-Bey again, this time from 8 yards out. The Raider D held on for one more stop to preserve the win and give the Chargers their 1st loss.

Oakland heads into the bye week 4-4, setting the stage for the second half of the season in which the Raiders only play two opponents with a .500 or better win percentage. A wild card berth is not out of the question yet.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Bills 14 Texans 7

Defensive struggle, where all points were scored in the first half. Trent Edwards threw 2 TD passes and the Bills young secondary held Andre Johnson to 0 catches. Texans drove the ball from their own 5 with about 2:30 left down inside the Bills 5 yardline. The Bills were able to shut down a run on 1st down and broke up either 2 or three passes to preserve the victory. The Bills lost newly acquired WR Reggie Williams for 5 weeks with a broken collarbone.

Coach dakota improves to 2-1 and the Bills are 4-4 overall. In the hunt for a wild card.

Good game Papa.......get healthy!

6. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

Turnovers where the name of the game as the Ravens scored 20 of their 26 points off of turnovers to narrowly escape with a 26-22 win. The Ravens running game coming off a 200+ yard game against the Vikings was stymied to only 29 yards forcing Joe Flacco to take control of the game which he did to mix results. Still he was able to lead a TD drive in the closing minutes to take the lead for good.

Highlights included a 90 yard pick 7 by Fabian Washington and Matt Stover hitting 4 out of 4 field goals

7. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

[​IMG]

Really good win here for my team we continue to roll. The Eagles D shut down my run game early with their 4-3 but that left them open for the passing game. Manning was 10-10 with 3 Tds and over 200 yards. My D stepped up big with like 6 sacks, 4 Ints and a few fumbles. In the 2nd half we saw vick come in the game but he didnt do much just some runs and deep passes. Jacobs and Bradshaw both had around 70 yard a piece.

8. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Cowboys 28 Seahawks 7

It was a closer game than the final score as the Cowboys were able to finish off their drives and only turn the ball over once and the Seahawks had several decent drives stall around the 50 or end in interceptions by the Boys. Tony Romo was very accurate with around 250 yards passing (I think) and 1 TD and Marion Barber got MVP honors with 2 TD runs.
    The Cowboys are happy to be back on the winning track but still have a lot to learn and improve on if they are going to make a playoff run.