WEEK 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Oct 7, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

WEEK 8

Advanced to week 8.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ok, sorry I missed a week. Here goes for week 8. As always good luck to Miami.

N.Carolina -10 @ Virginia.
    The Cavs have 21 prospects coming to this meeting...really. They must have something up their sleeve. I think they don't want any of these players and are scheduling them this week to disperse their non playing asses on the rest of the ACC. Or maybe they just don't know about N.Carolina. Heels win by two scores and Virginia's fight song still sucks.

Kentucky @ Mississippi -12.5
    The Rebels just got a huge win vs. Alabama. I can't imagine they'll slip up against Kentucky.

Duke @ Virginia Tech -13.5.
    I have money that Duke will be bowl eligible by years end. Just a hunch. Tech wins but Duke has a rb about 4' tall that is quicker than shit. Be ready. Kinda like Rocky chasing the little chicken in Rocky 2. Tech still wins in Blacksburg.

Alabama -2 @ Tennessee
    Does Tennessee get too much respect? 0-3 in conference and they gotta have this one. Bama gets it done but has to work for 28 minutes to get it. I bet J.Jones doesn't touch a punt in this one.

Miami @ Clemson no line 0
    This might end up being the most entertaining game of the day. Beazus and I have split our previous two meetings. Interesting note: Miami has won both...go figure. This one goes for 28 minutes as well. Both teams have their backs against the ACC wall. Pickem.

LSU - 6.5 @ Auburn
    Jordan Hare can be an issue for alot of teams. I don't know that the Bayou Bengals are any different. Auburn is better than people think...this one could be close. Over/Under on players knocked out is 3.5. Both defenses will bring the wood.

UGA -24 @ Central Michigan.
    I know what a Chippewa is, and UGA should love it.

Florida State -33 @ Western Kentucky
    They do have the coolest mascot with the big red blob thing, but they won't beat The Noles.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Hoe!

Lee!!

Crap!!!

I haven't even spoken to 21 guys this year, let alone invited that many for visits, let alone to 1 game!

4. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

You can bet your bottom dollar he'll never see special teams again!

5. jello1717

Tar Heels Run All Over Cavaliers in Front of 21 of Their Potential Recruits

With the injury to starting FB Elzy, someone needed to step up their game and someone, thy name is Ryan Houston. The dual headed monster of Draughn and Houston dismantled Virginia's defense. Starter Shaun Draughn ran for 165 yards on 17 carries. Backup Ryan Houston would have a career day as he would rush for 66 yards and a whopping 5 TDs. TJ Yates, the ACC's leader in QB efficiency was his usual efficient self as he threw for 182 yards on only 11 completions.

Next week the Tar Heels will take on division opponent Miami.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 14 14 10 10 48
    UVA 0 7 7 6 20

Game Statistics
    Stat UNC UVA
    Score 48 20
    First Downs 26 14
    Total Offense 502 332
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 39-294-6 22-59-1
    Comp-Att-TD 14-23-0 22-35-2
    Passing Yards 208 273
    3rd Down Conv 3-7(42%) 6-13(46%)
    Turnovers 0 1
    T.O.P. 16:27 11:33

Players of the Game
    UNC - R. Houston - 11 car, 66 yards, 5 TD
    UVA - M. Verica - 22/35, 273 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

6. BDSDIGITAL

The game I predicted would be the game of the day might have been the game of the season.

Clemson dominated the first half going up 21-10 with the ball coming back to them to start the 2nd half. They chewed clock and drove the ball down inside my redzone. Ray Ray Armstrong forced a fumble and we got the ball back. We then drove it back down the field to score a td and a 2pt conversion to make it 21-18. Again, Clemson drove the ball down the field back inside my redzone with their short passing game only to fumble again, also caused by Ray Ray Armstrong. We took the ball back and kicked a field goal to tie in at 21 in the fourth qtr. Then the Cane Defense took control forcing Clemson into a 4th and 30 ish at their own goal line. After their punt we scored again to make it 28-21. Clemson was starting their final drive and on either 2nd or 3rd down deep in his own territory the ea servers kicked Beazus offline.

It was enough to almost make me want to play Madden exclusively. We both played an incredible, emotional game that neither deserved to lose in that fashion but with 90 seconds left we weren't able to finish the game. I paused it and tried to get ahold of Maggie, and Murkya (TF 4 commish) for guidance on what to do. I probably waited 10 minutes. I didn't want to finish vs. the CPU after that. I also didn't want to take a loss because I felt I was leading and that close to putting it away. Neither answered before Beazus conceded the game. I finished against the cpu and won. It was bittersweet to say the least.

Next up is North Carolina in a pivotal game.

Great game Beazus. It's really too bad it had to go down like that. I mean it when I say that I would have rather finished that game with you and lost than it end the way it did. Beazus is my favorite opponent in Tradition Football because of his great sportsmanship whether he wins or loses. I root for him to do well and really regret a game with him that was so hard fought turn out the way it did. But I know he would do it so I will too:

[​IMG]

7. jello1717

Wow! After a game like that, I think someone neeeds to take him out to celebrate. Maybe someone can even buy him another Ray and he could become Ray Ray Ray Armstrong!

8. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Easy domination the whole way through for the noles! I simed most of the second half which is why score is so high by the way.

EJ Manuel 25-31 287 4 td 0 int
    Chris Thompson 23 rushes 112 yds 2 td
    Jermaine Thomas 15 rushes 112 yds 3 td
    Taiwain Easterling 8 rec 101 yds 1 td
    Jabris Little 6 rec 93 yds 2 td

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

[​IMG]

Not so fast my friend! Actually, I had a 1st down around the 50 yard line. Geez, you're making me look shady! No just kidding. Great game though. I think when I play people in the future I need to do it later b/c whenever wifey starts serving the net my connection drops. Weird, right? Comcast sucks.

FYI, you had my number today. Even if I would have scored on that drive, I was gonna go for two cuz I didnt think Id win in OT. Great game. Until next time...

10. BDSDIGITAL

Oh...well excuse me. Are you sure? I could have sworn you had just thrown an incompletion???? Either way it's frustrating I know. There wasn't anything shady about it at all. I know that you didn't want that game to drop.

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Beazus, I'd advise you to connect your xbox directly to your internet box. Bypass the router. This seems to have a big problem with the way the EA servers work this year, at least in my experience.

Your wifey can go an hour without the internet hahaha.

12. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Week 8 Power Poll

(1) #1 Florida - Back to top spot in the country.
    (2) #4 Maryland - Robinson and the Terpsare on a roll.
    (3) #5 Georgia - I have to go with the undefeated team at this spot, but I predict they will fall as they play tougher competition.
    (4) #8 Florida State - FSU belongs here for now but have Florida and Maryland later this year.
    (5) #10 LSU - Call me a homer if you want, but the Tigers only loss is to the #1 one team in the country and nobody else seems to be able to beat them either.
    (6) #9 Ole Miss - I snubbed them a little, but their schedule the rest of the way is rather easy. They'll stick around.
    (7) #13 Virginia Tech - Tyrod has been taking care of the ball and they have been running well. They are quite good and I see them losing only one more game at the most.
    (8) #15 North Carolina - Lost to VT, so behind VT.
    (9) #16 Clemson - I'm putting them here because it may be the last time you see them ranked this year. They play #22 Miami, #20 GT, #15 UNC, and #8 FSU.
    (10) #19 Alabama - 0-3 vs. top 25 teams. Luckily, they only play one more.
    (11) #22 Miami - Could easily be in the same situation as Clemson. #16 Clemson, #15 UNC, #13 VT, and #4 Maryland.
    (12) Tennessee - My prediction is that Tenn. will be in this spot all year long.

13. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Week 8 vs. Auburn (W 44-20)

Week 8 vs. Auburn (W 44-20)

LSU started slowly turning the ball over twice early on with poor Jefferson passes. Their first scoring drive ended in a FG and that was 4 min. into the game.

LSU played too aggressively on defense, trying to knock everybody out rather than wrapping them up. This led to a big day for Auburn HB Mario Fannin(14 att. 122 yd and 1 TD)

The Tigers finally got things going for the win though.

Offensive P.O.W.- TE Mitch Joseph- 6 rec. 90 yd
    Defensive P.O.W.- DT Drake Nevis- 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FFum, and 1FumRec

14. Beazus Christ

Im sayin! She gives me so much shit about being a grown ass man playing video games so I work around her schedule. Thanks for the heads up though - may go get a long cable to rectify the situation.

15. Beazus Christ

Interesting. I wonder if the XBOX didnt tell you I dropped till later. I had a 3rd and short so I ran a QB draw out of 5 WR. Then I got bumped. Oh, that 4 and 17 you converted was crazy! Sad thing is, LSU did the same thing against me too. May have even been a deep crossing route. I think my safeties need some work.

16. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

With all the upsets in Week 9,I can't wait to see Bfruchey's power poll next week.