Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gt86, Oct 17, 2009.

1. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Week 8

reply here

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Cowboys would play host to the Seahawks in week 8

The Cowboys would score first with a Folk Fg to take an early 3-0 lead. The Hawks would answer back with a 6 yd pass from Hasselbeck to Owens for a Td. On the ensuing kickoff Felix Jones would return it 99 yds for a Td to give the Cowboys the lead back 10-7. In the 2nd qtr there would only be one score when Cowbosy Cb Jenkins would pickoff a Hasselbeck pass and return it 31 yds for the pick six. That would give the Cowboys a 17-7 lead at halftime. Each team would exchange Fg's in the 3rd qtr to make the score 20-10. The Cowboys would seal the game with a 6 yd Td pass to Roy Williams from Romo.

Cowboys win 27-10

3. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Wow, how many KR touchdowns is that for Felix?

4. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Dolphins @ Jets

The Jets got off to a quick start with Jones breaking on to the outside for a 68 yard score to go up 7-0.

Dolphins would take the game from there and score 21 unanswered heading into the 3rd qtr and 2 TD's came off Mark Sanchez picks which went for 6 both times. Brown and Williams pounded the ball and Pennington made the right throws to convert on downs.

Final
    Miami 31
    New York 10

Great Game Miler, you started off well and I thought it was going to be a tough game from there..

5. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Despite forcing a turnover on the first play of the game which lead to 6pts, Carolina is unable to beat Arizona, losing 36-42.

Kurt Warner was very impressive despite a shaky start, and the CPU controlled players steamrolled over the Panther defenders scoring on a 60+yd run, a 70+yd pass, and converting some key third downs.

Despite playing catchup with a 78yd touchdown pass to Steve Smith, the Panthers are no match for the Super Bowl champs.

The CPU continues to cheese his way to victory this season. GG you cheezy bastard.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jags @ Titans

This game was a rematch from week 4. The Titans came out firing on all cylinders (especially after watching us lose in the real world 59-0 today!) in the first half. They put up 28points and put the game on cruise control early. Mr.idoeverythingforthisteamchrisjohnson once again ran for 150+ yards with a couple of TDs. The key to this team appears to be Johnson who has rushed for a 100 yards in each of our games this season. The 49ers are on deck next with the league's top two rushing yardage leaders squaring off.

7. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

BALTIMORE, MD - The Ravens defense came up big, netting 7 turnovers, holding the Broncos to 158 yards of offense in a 34-3 win. The run game picked up a shaky Joe Flacco with Ray Rice carrying 17 times for 114 yards and 3 TDs. McGahee chipped in with another TD on the ground. Ed Reed netted 2 of 5 INTs as the Ravens held Orton and crew in check. The game started off with a Bronco lost fumble quickly cashed in on a short Rice run. Baltimore expanded a 13-0 lead to 27-0 in the 3rd quarter. The Broncos Champ Bailey recorded 5 tackles and an INT.

GG Adross

8. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Orton Out, Sims In

After a horrendous start for Bronco QB Kyle Orton coach Ross announced Chris Simms would start for the rest of the way on the heels of a 34-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

"Orton is out" said Ross after the loss. "I'll give the Ravens credit for their defense, we never got off the ground and the early turnovers just made things a nightmare". Denver fumbled early and never seemed to get things going offensively as the Bronco defense continued to do their best to hold off the Ravens.

"Fatigue became a real problem, we were always on defense" said Ross. "Tipped balls for picks hurt, I'd rather Orton just do what he did in the third and throw it right to Ed Reed".

Chris Sims took over late in the fourth with the Bronco offense already uninterested. "I'm still wondering how we can challenge a catch that was tipped and bobbled, and win it, but still watch the Ravens get the first down?".

GG Mags ... if we see you in the playoffs it will be much different ... I guarantee it :)

9. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

The Rams traveled to Detriot to face the Lions. The offense looked pretty good and WR Avery returned a kickoff 99yds for a TD. The Rams still had to hold on after the Lions tied the score with less than 2 minutes remaining. The Rams were able to drive the field and set up a GW FG with 4 secs left on the clock to steal the win. Final score Rams 24, Lions 21.