Week 9 2010

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 5, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 9 2010

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-7) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 38-17 against Kent State (2-5).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Kingsley McCoy has committed to Akron

=============== Idaho Vandals (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 44-40 against UL Monroe (1-7).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) LT Darrell Walton has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-5) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 38-17 against Eastern Michigan (0-7).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host UL Lafayette (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB A.J. Maynard has committed to Purdue
    - (***) DT Michael Spence has committed to Miami University

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-6) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 35-6 against Notre Dame (4-4).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Idaho (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Clint Clark has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (5-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 38-7 against Mid Tenn State (4-3).
    This week, the Blazers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LE Travis Lemon has committed to FIU

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-7) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 44-40 against Idaho (3-4).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Jonathan Parker has committed to UL Monroe
    - (***) HB Julian McAfee has committed to Louisiana Tech

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (6-1) ===============
    Last week the Broncos were idle.
    This week, the Broncos will host #23 Army (6-1).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-5) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 38-24 against UL Lafayette (4-4).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host UL Monroe (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Rashad Carrington has committed to Arizona State

=============== Utah State Aggies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 24-19 against Boise State (5-2).
    This week, the Aggies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Randy Foster has committed to BYU

=============== #23 Army Black Knights (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Army won 60-14 against Navy (6-1).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Brandon Gray has committed to Army
    - (**) LE Brian Munoz has committed to Army
    - (***) RT Mark Horner has committed to Army

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 38-7 against UAB (5-3).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Eastern Michigan (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LE Jamal Thomas has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (4-4) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 38-24 against Arkansas State (2-5).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Brandon Manson has committed to Florida Atlantic
    - (**) CB Jonathan Parker has committed to UL Monroe

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

son of a bitch i need that linebacker

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Damn, i thought i had that 3 star DT

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm going to have to do some MAJOR reconstruction with recruiting this year...or just fuck it and wait till next year.

ULM's going down this week, bet on it

5. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Army 31 WMU 28. Crazy crazy game. Nikpin really out played me and was a lot better than I was in this game. I had some timely stops and a turnover and was able to claw my way back into the game. He was a little upset after the game which was unfortunate bc I thought it was just an amazing game to be a part of. I tried a lot of new things and lined up at least once in every formation in my playbook. Nikpin's running game was killing me until the last two series of the game where I had a couple of stops. At one point in the game it looked like he was going to absolutely run away with the game and blow me out. I have a lot to improve on before next year's game.

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Going for it in the 2nd quarter on 4th down at your own 29? Don't get me started...

7. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Yeah we spoke about that. I hate to do that but it is 4th and inches with 1:40 left in the half. If I punt you get the ball back with plenty of time to score. I couldnt stop you at that point so you would be up 21-7 and get the ball back at the start of the 2nd half and could easily make it 28-7 and I am out of the game. I still had to punt...but it let me chew up some time.

Would have loved to see you be a little more mature. Not sure why you could not talk without "yelling". Best of luck to you though.

8. nikpin

I would have been able to kick a FG if you wouldn't have cost me a second TO on the play. I thought it was pretty unsim to be going for it inside your own 30 in the 2nd quarter no matter how dire you considered the situation. Not to mention running 1 play 10+ times and 2 other plays 5+ times each.

9. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

No reason you had to use a TO. Never pick your D before the offense. I think with 4th and Inches and a pretty pivotal situation like that anyone would consider going for it.

I didn't run a play more that 7 times in the game. You ran strong I more than that. Also that play is just a simple running play. If you look at the stats you ran the ball more than I did. I passed and ran evenly and used a bunch of different formations in this game.

I don't think I have ever seen someone take a loss so badly. Lighten up. Its a game.

10. nikpin

Sorry for thinking I had joined a sim league and picking a punt return formation assuming know one in the league would be that cheesy to go for it there. What a dire situation down 7 must have been for you in the 2nd quarter.

You ran gator heavy QB Sweep 2 times on the opening drive, on 4th down and 1 in the 2nd quarter, 3 scoring plays, and 3 times on your final clock chewing drive. That's 9 plays right there in pivotal situation. When you weren't running gator heavy you were busy running 5 wide 4 vert or 5 wide inside cross and throwing crossing route after crossing route.

I take cheese badly when it's not what I signed up for.

11. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Actually, I did run it 3 times in first half. 2 of the scoring plays. 1 was just a run straight up the middle. so that is 5. The other 2 came on last drive just bc I am trying to chew up the clock. that is 7 times in an entire game. Nothing cheese about that at all. It is no different than running your strong I up the middle or your outside pitch with 3 wrs. It is only cheese bc you couldn't stop it and it pissed you off. Next time if a play works against you I will just stop using it. LOL.

12. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Yeah I understand the "situation" but 4th and even inches on your own 29yd line in the 2nd qtr I would think would warrant a punt. Can't see many teams irl even considering that. But this is what happens when you have rules that are "open" no 4th down rules set in stone so the interpretation from each user could be different.

13. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Priest, I always punt on 4th down but at this point in the game he had run off 14 straight points on me and was moving the ball at will. If I punt he gets the ball back and most likely scores with great field position. Then he gets the ball back after the 2nd half. I felt like if I punt here the game is over. I hated even being in that situation.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Just wait til next week when i take your ass behind the woodshed... Run that gay shit against me and it still won't matter... Real niggas do real things. You a bitch

15. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Won't be next year JQwon. Going to be in just a few games. : )

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

That's why I said next WEEK.

17. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

LOL my bad. See you next week.

18. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Looks like the scouting report was correct.

19. nikpin

It was spot on. I didn't see a ton of Maryland I maybe 4 plays or so but he really didn't get in the red zone much. The only wrinkle was I shut down 4 Verticals by usering the deep safety and doubling the 5th WR who he was only throwing to. After this he would just run the crossing routes which basically amounted to a pick route and hit whoever came open in the flats.

20. DirtycashDylan

and if you fail to convert the 4th then you leave him with great field position. You would never see a team irl try that that early unless they had an idiot for a coach. The 4th down rules are meant for sim gamers.

So that QB toss out of Gator Heavy is with his RB at QB right? Either way...

So Freeze, you run a bunch of cheezy plays on the Co-Commish right after I made everybody sign something saying they would mix up their play calling? Not to mention you were the biggest reason I made everybody sign that?

Maybe you'll feel more comfortable in another dynasty.

21. DirtycashDylan

shhh. You sound like a 13 year old.

22. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well thats not good...Cuz we all know Dylan likes 13 year olds...Sick bastard

23. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Yes if I fail the 4th and inches then he is going to score. If I punt he is going to score. I felt like with 7 min quarters (not real life quarter lengths) it was the smart thing to do.

I ran no cheezy plays. I don't even think there are such things a cheezy plays. In fact I purposely mixed my play calling up tremendously bc of the posts last week. I called plays out of every single formation. The Gator formation is nothing more than a running play. A wildcat formation like Miami many many teams use in real football. He chooses to run out of 4 wide sweeping the ball behind 3 WRs while I choose to use the wildcat. The only difference is that I won. If I was losing all the time no one would have a problem with it. He is also complaining now about WR routes. So I guess anything that works against him I am supposed to NOT DO. Only run plays that he can stop. That way it is fair... Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I played completely sim in the game. The only questionable thing I did was go for it from my 30 yard line in the second quarter. It was a high risk play. I ended up punting anyway but I felt it was what I had to do to stay in the game. He was whooping me at that point. The rule book clearly states that this is legal.

Do what you need to Dylan. I am in no way trying to bring "cheese" to any league. Lots of times when people can't figure out how to stop something they call it cheese. I could have run that play 50 times and won by 30 but I didn't. He obviously didn't know his playbook enough to stop it bc it is a very easy play to stop. No different than any other running play. But bc he couldn't figure it out the 7 times....repeat...7 times the entire game I ran it...then I must be cheating. Pretty sad.

I am in 3 other leagues and no one else has complained. They have just adapted and stopped me or accepted the loss. I enjoy playing in this league and would like to stay but if you feel that my running the ball 7 times out of a certain formation and throwing to a crossing WR bc the defense is playing man the whole time is cheese then I should go.

Thanks.

24. nikpin

You're just doing so many things to abuse a single play. Let me break it down...
    1. You're subbing you're RB into the QB position.
    2. You're running it excessively. I'm sure if you would have had more 3rd and shorts you would have gone to it even more.
    3. The way your running it makes the defense takes false steps. Even the player I am controlling is getting sucked into the middle by poor AI logic. The play isn't designed to be a sprint to the sideline like your making it.

Honestly how am I complaining about something I couldn't stop? You had no sustained offense other than your opening drive. You hit on an 80 and 70 yard TD run from the above play. Then the CPU hit sticked my RB and that gave you a short field which you eventually scored out of gator heavy.

It's just not realistic to jump from gator heavy to 5 wide like you consistently did. The crossing routes weren't even overly effective and I did stop them. I'm just saying they were ran excessively. I've never heard of a team establishing the crossing routes or establishing the gator heavy which is essentially what you were doing.

I didn't chart every play but I text Dylan while the score was 0-0 just to make a note that you had ran 2 Gator Heavy, 2 Maryland I and 5 Wide 6 times on the opening drive. That's not a scheme, that's just running every borderline formation at me and using every little AI advantage you can get.

25. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

Honestly man, I obviously don't know enough about this game to tell you what the AI is doing wrong. I just use the Multiple playbook. The same one Dylan uses. It has Gator, 5 wide, wishbone, flex, strong I, I form, maryland I etc. The whole idea behind the multiple is to be able to do exactly what you describe. make the D have to prepare for so many different things. That is exactly why I chose it.

Seriously, I am not trying to play cheese here in the slightest bit. The running play you are talking about is a sweep. Yes it is designed to go to the outisde. Obviously I am not going to run it inside or see a defender and just let him tackle me. The goal here is to win man.

I came on here and was very respectful. You outplayed me but I came up with some timely stops and a fumble and won. After our game I sent you a nice message and expected "that sucks but great game man".

I don't know what to say anymore. I am trying to win the game. If you are playing man the whole time then crossing routes are going to work and I am going to have to throw to them. If you aren't covering the outside run then I am going to run there. I ran straight up the middle on a diff play out of Gator when I saw you playing the outside and score. Is that cheese bc I should have to run to the outside?

I have no hard feelings toward you man. I think you are frustrated bc you had the game won and it slipped away. Nothing I did in that game was cheese.

EDIT: oh and as far as subbing the RB no I am not. I am hitting right on the stick and switching it to wildcat. That is no formation sub. Also "the defense take false steps" I don't think they are doing that on that play bc it is not a Counter play. a COUNTER play would be making the defense move the wrong way...that is the whole idea behind it. Football in many ways is a game of tricks. People are pissed off as hell when they play GTech and think the ball is going left to see it swing back to the right. Not cheese just good football.