Week 9 2011

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 9 2011

GDit, I meant to up the quarter length to 8 minutes but forgot so this will be the last week of 7 min quarters.

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-8) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 49-24 against Western Kentucky (5-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host Mid Tenn State (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Anthony Tatum has committed to Illinois
    - (***) LOLB Patrick Brock has committed to Navy
    - (**) LOLB Sean Young has committed to Akron
    - (**) RG Travis Thompson has committed to Ball State

=============== Idaho Vandals (4-3) ===============
    Last week the Vandals were idle.
    This week, the Vandals will host Kent State (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Kevin Berg has committed to Idaho
    - (***) LG Sean Fitzpatrick has committed to Houston

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (5-2) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (4-3).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 49-24 against Eastern Michigan (0-8).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (5-3).

=============== UAB Blazers (4-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 45-14 against Arkansas State (5-3).
    This week, the Blazers will host UL Lafayette (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Will Herring has committed to Air Force
    - (***) DT Jacob Austin has committed to Southern Miss
    - (**) LOLB Jason Perez has committed to Central Michigan

=============== #10 Western Michigan Broncos (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 38-28 against Army (0-7).
    This week, the Broncos are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Jacques Wilson has committed to Ball State

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 45-14 against UAB (4-3).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Western Kentucky (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Tyson Smith has committed to Boise State
    - (****) DT A.J. Bass has committed to Oklahoma
    - (**) TE Ray Evans has committed to Houston
    - (**) DT Matt Reynolds has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (*) LE Dennis Galloway has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (*****) FB Paul Britt has committed to Texas

=============== Utah State Aggies (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 34-24 against Mid Tenn State (0-7).
    This week, the Aggies will host UL Monroe (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG DeMarcus Norwood has committed to Air Force
    - (****) HB Jeremy Matthews has committed to Ole Miss

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (4-3) ===============
    Last week the Ragin' Cajuns were idle.
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Derrick Abrams has committed to USF
    - (****) QB Jacob Guidry has committed to Michigan

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Edit: wrong RB... though Kstate looks like they'll steal him anyway

3. DirtycashDylan

Arky St-44
    WKU-34

Once again, Bobby Rainey couldn't make it out of the 1st quarter. This time, it was his elbow giving him trouble. Backup RB Simmons came in and couldn't do a damn thing so WKU had to rely on JQwon's arm to keep up with Deaf's rushing attack.

It's frustrating because I felt like I played a damn near perfect game. We gave up 2 fumbles and allowed a kick return but ASU gave up a scoop and score on a kickoff and it felt pretty even. Sadly, Deaf played perfect too and his team is a little better so, credit to him, he played smart and didn't let me upset him. Our QBs threw for a combined 33-44 for 722 yards and 0 pics but, while Rainey could only watch, ASU back Frankie Jackson ripped off 194 yards on the overrated Hilltopper defense.

GG Deaf.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Really good game Dylan. Were you still getting lag in our second game? Just curious as things ran smooth for me again. I'll have a full write-up sometime tonight

5. DirtycashDylan

The second game played fine.

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

MTSU 28- EMU 18

Ypsilanti, Michigan - Backup Adam Karcher goes back to pass midway through the fourth quarter of the game with the Eagles down 21-3. He has a wide open Nick Olds down the middle of the field, he throws the pass. The ball then proceeds to go off of Olds hands, pops up in the air a good five feet in the air, enough time for the MTSU LB to come in and intercept the pass to kill the drive. The Eagles ultimately would score twice in the last two and a half minutes making this particular play a bit of a killer. However, that play also seems to accurately define the going ons at EMU as the Eagles fall to 0-9 with the loss to MTSU.

In the first half, the Eagles were turnover prone and Middle Tennessee State didn't accomplish a ton offensively themselves. MTSU had one successful drive in which the Eagles couldn't stop their offense to make it 7-0 in the first quarter. The scoring would cease until 1:46 left in the second quarter. MTSU proceeded to throw a deep pass down the middle of the field over the heads of a confused EMU secondary and ultimately punched the ball in to make it 14-0. EMU would add a FG at the end of the half to make the score 14-3.

In the second half, the action didn't happen until the fourth quarter. The Eagles would move the ball and then fumble the ball away, get sacked or just fail to convert a third down due to a dropped pass. It's as if the game was programmed to say: "EMU user must commit miracles to do simple things."

Needless to say, the Eagles are going to continue to fight on and are looking forward to hopefully getting better. However, if the Recruiting picture is any indication.... sheesh.

OT: In real EMU Football news, the actual EMU Eagles lost a heartbreaker to Army 31-27 in a very entertaining football game. The Eagles in the first game of the season really looked impressive, especially on offense where their mis-direction running attack and QB running attack moved the ball down the field efficiently and effectively. The game went back and forth throughout. EMU was up 27-24 with 2:56 left in the contest and Army proceeded to march down the field to score with 58 seconds left. EMU drove the ball to the Army 40 but couldn't muster the miracle.

The Offensive Line, Running Attack and QB Gillette all looked a ton better than what EA Sports has given the Eagles credit for. Defensively they got warn down by an experienced offense. However, if I had the blocking that they actually showed in that opener and I could actually run a bit of the offense EMU does run, we would have won 3-4 games..

Glad to be back though for my beatings. Although I still have to tell myself that this league is Hard4Yards(which it has been for me), but what about the rest of the league? lol.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arkansas State 44, Western Kentucky 34

[​IMG]

Arkansas State became bowl eligible for the first time since the 2005 season when they won the Sun Belt Conference. Now in Conference USA, Arkansas State improved their record to 6-3 (5-1), while dropping Western Kentucky to 5-2 (3-1). The Red Wolves were unstoppable on Saturday, running and throwing all over the Hilltopper defense.

The game started out pretty slowly, with both teams managing field goals in the first quarter. However, in the second quarter Arkansas State came out and dropped 17 points to the Hilltoppers 0. Demetrius Harris caught a 33-yard TD from Ryan Aplin (12/17, 330 Yds, 3TD) to put ASU up 10-3. After a quick stop by the defense, the Red Wolves got the ball back and Aplin hit Dwayne Frampton for a 70-yard score, putting State up 17-3. With time running out in the half, Arkansas State was able to drive downfield and set up a FG as time expired, taking a 20-3 lead into the 2nd half.

To start the 3rd quarter, the somewhat struggling Western Kentucky offense hit pay dirt on the first play from scrimmage with a 78-yard pass from Kawaun Jakes (21/27, 392 Yds, TD) to climb within 10. However, less than a minute later, Harris caught another touchdown, this one from 71 yards out, and the Red Wolves took a 27-10 lead. Feeling somewhat comfortable, the defense allowed a long drive by the Hilltoppers, and with the ball at the Arkansas State 31-yard-line, with just over 2:30 left in the quarter, the craziest :30 of the season for both teams happened. William Simmons took the next play 31 yards for a rushing TD. On the ensuing kickoff, Tausean Holmes fumbled the return, and it was scooped up and returned for a TD by Jamarielle Brown. Within 20 seconds, it had gone from a 27-10 game to a 27-24 game. Pressure was on the Red Wolves to muster a long drive and get control of the game back. Better than that, Holmes redeemed himself of the fumble by taking the ensuing kickoff 101 yards for the score, extending the lead back to 10.

The Hilltoppers were still in it, and took a few minutes off the clock on a long drive that unfortunately ended with a FG for WKU, as they really could have used the TD being down 10 in the 4th quarter. As with seemingly every other WKU score, Arkansas State answered in the same fashion, driving downfield and kicking a FG to extend the lead to 10 once more. WKU quickly came downfield and scored a TD to bring it within 3 points with 3:23 left in the game. However, Frankie Jackson (19 Car, 194 Yds) busted out a 72 yard run on the next possession, running out of bounds at the 5 so the Red Wolves could kill the clock. With 2:00 left, DaJuan Cofield ran it in from a yard out on 4th down to give the Red Wolves a 44-34 lead, and after stopping the Hilltoppers on the next drive were able to knee out the rest of the clock and bring home the W. ​

[​IMG]

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

In Steamer43's second season at Utah State, their highest scoring game was 45 points which occured last season. Agains UL Monroe, the Aggies eclipsed that 45 point mark in the 2nd quarter. The Aggies had a 56-14 lead at halftime. Utah State got on the board early when Turbin punched in a touchdown run to cap the first drive. 30 seconds later the Aggies returned an interception for a quick 14-0 lead. The offense would take another drive to the red zone for a touchdown, followed by a fumble return for a touchdown and it was 28-0 in the 1st quarter. The game got ugly when USU ran a pitch pass play to runningback Johansen who threw a 56 yard touchdown to reciever Moats. The game got sloppy late in the 2nd quarter with both teams combining for 35 points in the last 2:30, with a halftime score of 56-14. Utah State put the 2nd team units in for the entire 2nd half and ran out the clock, ending in a 59-14 win for the Aggies. Utah State improves to 5-4, and needs to win just one of their remaining three games to be bowl eligable.

First Quarter
    05:17 TD Utah State Robert Turbin HB #6 2 yard rush
    04:48 TD Utah State Sean Young CB #38 30 yard interception
    01:03 TD Utah State Anthony Bonds WR #5 6 yard pass from Jeff Fischer QB #7
    00:18 TD Utah State Kyle Gallagher MLB #43 34 yard fumble
    Second Quarter
    06:26 TD Utah State Eric Moats WR #82 56 yard pass from Josh Johansen HB #1
    02:16 TD Utah State Keegan Andersen WR #18 57 yard pass from Jeff Fischer QB #7
    01:47 TD UL Monroe Isaiah Newsome HB #25 1 yard rush
    01:07 TD Utah State Robert Turbin HB #6 5 yard rush
    00:47 TD UL Monroe Tim Taylor WR #10 76 yard pass from Cody Wells QB #14
    00:10 TD Utah State Austin Alder WR #24 35 yard pass from Jeff Fischer QB #7
    Third Quarter
    04:12 FG Utah State Josh Thompson K #12 32 yard field goal

9. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

VANDALIZED!

Moscow - Potato Magic strikes again as this time it's the Kent State Golden Flashes that leave Idaho with a loss.

After a long opening drive that culminated with a 14-yard TD pass from Nathan Enderle to senior standout Princeton McCarty, the Vandals forced and recovered a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. After Vandal slot receiver Byron Cockrum dropped a would be touchdown, Idaho kicker Travis Farquhar put the Vandals up 10-0 with just seconds left in the first quarter.

Once Kent State finally did get the ball, they were able to answer back with some points of their own and tied the game up 10-10 behind the arm of JR QB Spencer Keith, who finished with 19-40-307 with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Shortly after drawing even, Farquhar booted in another field goal with seconds left in the first half to give the Vandals a 13-10 advantage going into the break.

After trading interceptions in the 3rd quarter, Kent State took the lead when Keith found an uncovered slot receiver and bulleted a pass to him for a 29 yard touchdown.

After a big Anthony Grymes kickoff return, the Vandals relied on the legs of McCarty again. Four plays and four runs later, Farquhar kicked his 3rd field goal of the game to pull the Vandals to within 1 at 17-16.

Nearing the end of the 3rd quarter, the Vandal defense came up with a big stop and forced the Golden Flashes to punt. Taking over on their own 28 yardline, the Vandals again looked to McCarty to carry the team. It didn't take long, as on the first play of the drive McCarty found the running room he needed around the left end and outraced the Golden Flash defense 72 yards to paydirt, putting the Vandals on top again, 22-17. Wanting to go up by 7, the Vandals elected to go for two, but the pass was intercepted in the endzone and the score remained the same.

After throwing an interception, the Vandals were knocking on the door looking to put the game away when Enderle beat a blitz and fired a pass over the middle to his tight end Legrone to set up a 1st and goal just inches from the endzone. The Kent State defense rose to the occassion and stuffed the Vandal defense 3 times in a row, forcing a 4th and goal from the 1 and a big decision from Coach CenTechsan.

"Big decision my ass. The linemen were telling me ' Coach let's go for it, we can do this; we can get it in there!!' I told them bullqwon. If you could get a few inches, you should've done it the FIRST THREE DAMN TIMES!!!!" The Vandals kicked the field goal to take an 8 point lead with under 3 minutes to play.

After two quick strikes for 36 yards, the Kent St. offense sputtered out threw incomplete on 4th down with under a minute to go.

With all their timeouts, however, they were able to force an Idaho punt with 32 seconds left in the game. With so little time left, the Vandal defense was able to sit back and defend. A hook and lateral attempt on the final play of the game was unsuccessful and the Vandal celebration began.

The Vandals move to 5-3 (3-2), while the Golden Flashes drop to the same.

RB McCarty finished the game with 18 carries for 18 carries for 184 yards (long of 72) and 3 catches for 31 yards and a TD. "T-Bag them? Hell no son. This is Idaho. I Potato-sacked those mafackas.

As prevalent as McCarty was, Golden Flash standout RB Jacquise Terry had an unproductive outing, gaining just 18 yards on 9 carries.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Adv tonight?

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2011 Week 9
    UL Lafayette – 36
    UAB - 42​

Birmingham, AL – In what many would consider to be the game of the year thus far in CUSA, the UAB Blazers beat the ULL Ragin’ Cajuns 42-36 on a 47 yard hail marry pass as time expired.

Junior QB David Isabelle hooked up with Junior WR Freddie Moore in the back corner of the endzone as time expired on what was a crazy 4th quarter. Both teams combined for 50 points in the final 7 minutes of play. ULL would take the lead with about 20 seconds to play by going for the 2 point conversion instead of the extra point that would have tied it. Gutsy call that payed off.

UAB had all its time outs and hit a pass to take them to mid-field. Trying to get into field goal range, Isabelle missed on the next 2 passes. With the clock at 2 seconds, the hail marry flew and the prayer was answered!

Highlights are up on the wire for this one.

Hell of game Snooppy. Not sure if you were pissed but I did send you some live messages telling you what a great game it was. Until next year…

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    UL Lafayette 7 0 0 29 36
    UAB 14 7 0 21 42

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    ULL UAB
    First Downs 17 12
    Total Yards 520 437
    Rushes-Yards-TD 14-39-1 22-164-3
    Comp-Att-TD 23-35-3 13-24-1
    Passing Yards 481 273
    Turnovers 4 0
    Fum 0 0
    Int 4 0
    T.O.P. 13:28 14:32

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    David Isabelle, UAB 163.4 13 24 273 1 0
    Chris Mason, ULL 186.5 23 35 481 3 4

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Jae Fitzgerald, UAB 13 173 13.3 3
    Yobes Walker, ULL 8 37 4.6 1

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Patrick Hearn, WR, UAB 4 87 21.7 0
    Yobes Walker, HB, ULL 6 158 26.3 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Connor Boyett, RE, UAB 4 1 0 1 0 0 1
    Trace Wilson, LE, ULL 6 2 1 0 1 0 0

12. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Haha yeah i was a little upset... I was yelling obscenities at my safeties then just went to bed... but great game nonetheless... dont remember last time I had a greatest game score go over 2000. had a bad feeling when i force a fumble the first drive only to have it get picked up and run in for a TD anyway. my secondary will be running stadiums all week

13. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

What goes around comes around I guess. Still makes my stomach turn to think about the ending of our game last year snoopy.