Week 9 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 9 2012

Week due no later than Thursday at 4 pm cst

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-7) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 37-14 against Western Kentucky (4-3).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) SS Greg Macklin has committed to Eastern Michigan
    - (***) DT Mark Tyson has committed to Ohio
    - (***) RG Jake Jackson has committed to Central Michigan
    - (***) MLB Melvin Foreman has committed to Kentucky

=============== Idaho Vandals (2-5) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 77-62 against UL Lafayette (5-2).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (3-4).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 73-6 against Toledo (3-4).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Idaho (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Roderick Johnson has committed to Toledo
    - (***) QB Anthony Rose has committed to Ohio

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 37-14 against Eastern Michigan (0-7).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Arkansas State (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Jonathan Jefferson has committed to Virginia

=============== UAB Blazers (3-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 56-42 against Arkansas State (4-3).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB George Wilson has committed to Florida
    - (***) C Robert Harris has committed to UAB
    - (***) HB Michael Hood has committed to Southern Miss

=============== Army Black Knights (1-6) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 28-10 against Western Michigan (7-0).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Navy (4-2).

=============== #6 Western Michigan Broncos (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 28-10 against Army (1-6).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Zach Beck has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 56-42 against UAB (3-4).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RE Trey Watson has committed to New Mexico
    - (****) RG Kevin Bonner has committed to Oklahoma
    - (*) MLB Terrence Johnson has committed to Arkansas State
    - (**) LT Brad Greene has committed to Arkansas State

=============== Utah State Aggies (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 35-28 against Mid Tenn State (1-6).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Stephen Brown has committed to Air Force
    - (***) TE Jabari Walker has committed to Air Force
    - (***) SS Michael Briggs has committed to Arizona
    - (***) RG Jimmy Carroll has committed to Nevada

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (5-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 38-20 against Vanderbilt (0-6).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Utah State (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) K Jonathan Bolden has committed to Memphis
    - (*) LG Leigh Davis has committed to Tulane
    - (**) C LaRue Maddox has committed to Tulane
    - (****) RG Kevin Bonner has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-6) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 35-28 against Utah State (6-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Eastern Michigan (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Kris Miller has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 77-62 against Idaho (2-5).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host UAB (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Jose Mack has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (****) CB Bo Jenkins has committed to LSU

2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Week 8 Conference USA Players of the Week

*THIS WEEK BOTH CUSA POTW WERE ALSO NATIONAL POTW*

Offensive -

Arkansas State SO HB Dontae Aycock. Dontae ran wild for 450 yards and 5 TDs on 30 carries, and also pulled in 3 passes for 30 yards in a 56-42 beating of UAB.

Defensive -

Kent State SO CB Sam Miller. Sam had 2 tackles, 2 fumbles forced, and a fumble recovery in a 73-6 raping of Toledo. Poor Rockets.

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I feel your pain Cen, i feel your pain.

4. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

(****) RG Kevin Bonner has committed to Oklahoma- Man I was hoping for this guy.

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

aint no :4stars: trying to come play for your scummy little school

6. Full Moon Fever

KENT -- It was a brisk October afternoon when the Idaho Vandals traveled east to Kent, Ohio to take on the 3-4 Kent State Golden Flashes.

Things went downhill for the Flashes from the start, as star senior receiver Tyshon Goode suffered a vaginal tear on the opening kickoff. Tyshon will be out another 4 weeks. The Vandal that laid the hit, defensive back Sam Butcher, had this to say about the injury.

"THAT was their star cat that been runnin his mouth all week? That lil bitch that was rolling over holding his stomach and groaning like a woman in labor??? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

After last week's much maligned 77 point doormat performance, the Vandal defense started on a high note today, intercepting an early Flash pass and giving the ball to their offense. The Vandal offense moved the ball to the Kent State 15 yard line, and from there Brent Terry beat a swarming Kent State blitz with a screen to the running back, and Kama Bailey jogged into the endzone for the score. After another stout defensive outing, the Vandals again had the ball back. Again facing a heavy blitzing Golden Flash defense, Terry connected with senior wideout Robert Hatchett on a wide receiver slip screen. Hatchett found an opening and outraced everyone to the pylon for the 40-yard touchdown that put the Vandals up 14-0 in the first quarter.

The Golden Flashes showed some promise late in the 2nd quarter. After an option pitch got the Flashes to the two yardline, they were able to punch it in to close to 14-7 with just 1:30 left before halftime.

The Vandals were not content to let the clock run out and take the lead into halftime. Like Dylan at a male revue, they wanted more. And they got more when Terry hit a well covered Mitchell Crockum on a back shoulder fade. As the defender haplessly fell to the ground, Crockum was able to scamper into the endzone with just 9 seconds left before half, extending the Potato Magic lead back to 21-7 at the break.

In the 3rd quarter, after facing second and goal from the 2, the Vandals were forced to settle for a field goal, and senior standout kicker Travis Farquhar did the honors, giving Idaho a comfortable 24-7 lead. The game would never really be in doubt from that point on. Both teams scored a flurry of points in the 4th quarter as defense got sloppy and animosity built. This matchup is quickly becoming a bitter rivalry, and Coach CenTech fueled the fire a little bit by running a no huddle hurry up offense up to the last second.

Coach JQwon didn't seem to mind. "He's better than me. He can do what he wants. Hopefully some day we'll be in a position to rape somebody other than Toledo like he raped us today. The great thing is that I got a LOT of coaching tips today. I feel like a better coach for having been within 50 yards of him for 3 straight hours. I want our program to be like there's someday. Although I'm a little weirded out by his affinity for converting long 3rd downs. That was a little creepy."

After trading lots of "Whose line is it anyway" points, the final score ended up 46-34 in favor of the Vandals. Potato. Magic.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

True dat!

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Great write up Cent, hilarious shit

9. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State's Patented "20 second" Offense Wins In Final Seconds; 52-45

The Utah State Aggies redefined the 2 minute offense in Monroe Louisianna. The Aggies would score in drives under 20 seconds to finish the first half and the game. This matchup against the Warhawks took twists and turns all the way till the game was decided with just 4 seconds left...

The game started with a strong Monroe drive, but ended in a fumble. The Aggies had an opportunity to score first, but an interception, Brewster's 4th on the season, ended the drive. UL Monroe would take advantage and get the lone score of the first quarter on a 34 yard run by Newsome.

The second quarter opened with another Warhawk TD to extend the lead to 14. Two plays later, Aggie Quarterback threw another interception, his very first career multi-interception game. One play later Newsome took another 25 yards to the house to give a 21-0 advantage to Monroe. The Aggies were down big early, and uncharicteristically turning the ball over, and Starting running back Harvey Davis went down with injury. It looked to be over soon. But Brewster stepped up and led a drive capped off with a 10 yard scamper to the end zone. The Warhawks fumbled on the ensuing possesion, and Brewster hit a wide open Anthony Bonds on a 35 yard TD pass to cut it to 21-14 with just one minute remaining in the half. The Warhaks connected on 3 20+ plays and extended the lead back to 14 with just 20 seconds to go. But it wasn't over yet, as Keys returned the ensuing kick off all the way to the one yard line, and the Aggies scored on the next play to go to half down 28-21.

The 3rd quarter started with both teams trading turnovers, untill Brewster found Jeff Jones for a 40 yard TD to tie the game 28 all. Monroe fumbled for the third time, and three plays later Brewster connected for another TD to Jones of 49 yards and took the Aggies first lead of the game 35-28

The 4th quarter opened with a field goal for USU, to take a 10 point lead. The Aggie defense held ULM to a field goal with 6 minutes to go. Up by 7, USU took a time consuming drive for a TD capped by an injured Johansen for a 7 yard run; 45-31. With 3:30 to go, it looked all over for the Warhawks. They managed to score a TD with 2:55 left, but still trailed by 7. ULM decided to go for the onside kick, and they recoverd! Monroe had new life and plenty of time to get to the end zone. ULM drove all the way down to the 10 with a minute left, ran some clock, and punched it in to tie the game with 27 seconds left.... 27 seconds too many. The Aggies took over at the 26 with :23 to go following the kick return. Brewster could not find anyone open, so he dumped it off to the 3rd string runningback Williams, for a 27 yard gain. With 14 seconds left, the Aggies had a chance to get into field goal range and threw a pass over the middle to Xavier Martin, but he was all alone and turned upfield for 35 more yards after the catch into the end zone to win the game!!

The Aggies improve to 7-1 on the season, and controll their own destiny in the West division. The Warhawks drop to 5-3 under new coach AJS. POTG awards go to freshman QB Dennis Brewster. Despite 3 early interceptions, the QB threw 18-26, for 451 yards, 4 passing TDs and one rushing TD. Freshman WR Daniel White caught 7 passes for 176 yards, and freshman WR Joseph Jones caught 3 passes for 94 yards and 2 TDs.

First Quarter
    03:10 TD UL Monroe Isaiah Newsome HB #25 34 yard rush

Second Quarter
    06:23 TD UL Monroe Kevin Steed FB #13 2 yard rush
    05:40 TD UL Monroe Isaiah Newsome HB #25 25 yard rush

03:23 TD Utah State Dennis Brewster QB #11 10 yard rush
    01:07 TD Utah State Anthony Bonds WR #6 35 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

00:20 TD UL Monroe Luke Russell WR #81 2 yard pass from Cody Wells QB #14
    00:07 TD Utah State Kerwynn Williams HB #25 1 yard rush

Third Quarter
    04:30 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 40 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11
    03:10 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 49 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

Forth Quarter
    07:55 FG Utah State Josh Thompson K #12 40 yard field goal
    06:12 FG UL Monroe Thomas Giddens P #13 19 yard field goal
    03:35 TD Utah State Josh Johansen HB #1 7 yard rush
    02:47 TD UL Monroe Melvin Harris WR #5 43 yard pass from Cody Wells QB #14
    00:26 TD UL Monroe Kevin Steed FB #13 3 yard rush

00:07 TD Utah State Xavier Martin WR #15 46 yard pass from Dennis Brewster QB #11

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Don't encourage him...

Cent, I hope you realize the next time we play, I'm running the score up on you. I should have kept running the option...

11. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

winners write the history...

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm undefeated against you... Write that down

13. xtreme snoopy

this changes next season!

14. nikpin

Bold words from a 3-5 team.

15. Full Moon Fever

My goodness y'all should've heard him pleading for me to stop on the game. It was downright embarassing. I felt bad for him.

And next time you play me, you'll be facing Mr. Rice.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Breaks Losing Skid Against Navy

[​IMG]

Tired of being pushed around the last few weeks, Army came out firing in this rivalry game. After holding Navy to no points and a 3 and out on their first drive, Army established the option game and quickly scored on the heels of a 66 yd scamper from Sophmore QB Angel Santiago who is filling in for injured QB Trent Steelman while he still nurses a high ankle sprain. If theres one thing you can notice right away about Santiago it is that the kid is fast, I mean very fast! On the ensuing kickoff after the TD run by Santiago, Army's kick team stripped the Navy return and ran it back for another quick score putting Navy in a 14-0 hole very early. Army scored again with another Santiago option but missed the PAT putting the Black Knights up 20-0 before Navy cracked the scoreboard on an option keeper with QB Michael Stukel.

After gaining the early lead Army really was never forced to change their game plan. They began to pound the ball and milk the clock early racking up a big advantage in rushing yards and T.O.P. Army finished the game with 339 rushing yards and 5 rushing TD's.

Army POTG:
    [​IMG]
    Passing: 4-7 45 Yds 1 TD
    Rushing: 5-125 Yds 2 TD

Army heads south the face Dirty Cash and his Western Squad next week.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I think there's a rule about running the score up...Time to kick Cent out of the league!

18. nikpin

Bold words from a 3-5 team.

19. nikpin

I think that rule should be amended to provide incentive to run it up on you.

20. Full Moon Fever

I don't consider beating you by that score to be running up the score. That's why I let you have 20 points in the 4th. It's not running up the score if I let you score too.

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Let me score? Wow, how nice of you.

By the way, in your recap, you left out probably the most entertaining part of the game... No mention of the punt block, punt safe confusion...

22. xtreme snoopy

Intriguing....

23. Full Moon Fever

Okay. With the clock running on the last play of the 3rd quarter (I had the ball 4th down around midfield) I came out in a punt formation. He was in an all out punt block (nobody over the gunners). The clock ran out and the 3rd quarter ended before I snapped to punt the ball. Seeing that he was in a punt block, I called a fake punt. When I broke the huddle and came to the line, he was in a normal punt return (two defenders over each gunner). I didn't want to waste a timeout because I knew I wanted them to run the score up later, so I just let the clock run out and took the penalty. I told him why. I thought maybe he would get cute and try to come out with the punt block again, so I got cute and called the fake punt. I came out and he again was in the normal punt return. Not wanting to waste the night away, I just called timeout. I thought about calling the fake, but just called the punt. When we come out, he's again in punt block. We had a decent laugh at it, but I wouldn't call it the best part of the game. But I guess when you suck as much ass as he does, you learn to enjoy the small things. And I downed the punt inside the 5 yardline. Which was the 2nd best thing our punt team did. For some reason he tried to field a punt on his own 1 with two gunners lining him up a few yards away. He caught it, I potato-sacked him, and he dropped the ball. My gunner picked it up in the endzone for the easiest touchdown of his life. I had to explain to him how to "fair catch" a punt. He didn't seem like he really understood. Just kept asking if we could restart and play in the "1 Button Mode" or something like that.

24. Full Moon Fever

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Healing better than your mother's vagina after I finished with her...