Week 9 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

just had my first long term injury lost my kick returner for 11 weeks due to dislocated elbow. oh and my top two running back are out for the game glad im up and have the back ups in

3. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Louisville Continues on With Win Over South Florida-

The Louisville defense looked to bounce back after a shoddy performance against Pitt last week and they did in a big way not allowing a single point against the first team and cause havok for the veteran South Florida qb B.J. Daniels totaling only two sack but hurrying him on 15 out of his 24 throws. he was chased out of the pocket man times and early on Preston Brown made him pay for it,

He slamed into him causing the fumble where Calvin Pryor scooped and took it 81 yards for the touchdown. The offense wasnt doing so bad itself even though injuries would be the flavor of the day as Dominique Brown, Jeremy Wright, and Return man Jerret Davis would be out for the game. Davis who is always a threat to score on a return is lost for basically the remainder of the season (11 weeks). Luckily Wright and Brown were only out for the game. Teddy Bridgewater had a flawless game going 9 for 9 with 178 yards and 3 touchdowns

Louisville looks to keep it going next week vs rival cincinnati

Players of the game
    Offensive- Teddy Bridgewater 9 for 9 178 yards 3 touchdowns
    Defensive- Calvin Pryor 4 tkls 1 tfl 1 fr 1 td

4. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol you're funny with that first long term injury...ive had my first 2 RBs out most of the season :/

5. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

he was also a good deep ball threat. i didnt really put that on there lol. plus even if u had them u know ur running with denard lol

6. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Part of the reason his stats are so inflated is my missing RBs. The main guy is pretty fast so not having him most of the season takes away my home run threat out of the backfield. A couple games ago I had all 3 RBs hurt at one point and I sure as hell wasn't going to take off a redshirt.

7. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Rutgers Completes the Comeback!​
    Rutgers had to hit the road again this week. They traveled to Temple and you could tell they did not have their legs under them to start the game. Running back Jawan Jamison fumbled the ball twice early on to cost Rutgers putting them down as much as 28-7 at one time. By half time though the Scarlet Knights managed to pull within 7 with a score of 28-21. The defense for the Knights definitely stepped up in the second half only allowing Temple to score 3 points. With about 4 minutes left in the game the score was tied and Rutgers had the ball. They decided to just grind it down the field by running up the gut. Finally they kicked a field goal with 31 seconds left to win the game 34-31.​
    On a side note is anyone else just getting torn apart by the run? Temple's starting RB rushed 9 times for 106 yards before getting hurt and their backup rushed 4 times for 84. It just seems like they break way to many tackles to me but it could just be me being awful!​

• Like Like x 1
  8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I've always been very good against the run. I'll give up a 10-15 yard run every now and again, but rushes longer than that are very rare. My offense also helps me defend the run because more often than not, I get up on teams and they have to throw the ball to keep up.

My main tip would be don't be afraid to stay with three linebackers when there is less than four WR on the field (obviously this can change based upon your opponent's strategy to attack this). Also running zone helps stop the run because the defenders are facing the play. The secondary are more likely to run themselves out of the play and get blocked when playing man as opposed to zone.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

The CPU breaks a lot more tackles than I do, but I mostly just give up big runs when Im blitzing and they get past the rush.

10. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Finish Road Trip with a Win
    30-3
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Oklahoma State jumped ahead 7-0 on the opening possession in Ames and never looked back. Despite scoring nearly a touchdown below their average points per game, the defense made up for it by holding Iowa State to only 3 points. The Poke defense averages around 16 points allowed per game, but was stifling this afternoon. The Cyclones could only manage 125 yards of total offense (-2 yards rushing).
    Feeding off their defense, the OSU offense put the game in cruise control and attempted to run the ball more than usual. Despite the extra effort, only 84 rushing yards were gained. When asked about his play calling, "After jumping out to a 10 point lead we attempted to control the clock more than usual. We ran the ball very well last game and I wanted to see if it would carry over to this week. We were very successful rushing the ball today, but give that Cyclone defense some credit, there were some runs I thought we were about to break off that just didn't happen due to sound defense. Our defense was playing great, so it really wasn't a question we wanted to milk the clock as much as possible and just get out of here healthy and head back home on a high note." Coach Gundy also stated that he was pleased with Chelf's handling of the football but was upset that the defense dropped some easy interception opportunities.
    Mid-Season Review and Late-Season Outlook
    The Cowboys have become bowl eligible and survived the first half of their incredibly difficult schedule. Oklahoma State had one home game the first 9 weeks of the season. Despite the record of the first six opponents only being 17-20, the Cowboys faced a huge challenge early this season. Anything can happen on the road in college football, especially when you open at one of the most intimidating stadiums in the country. The Cowboys showed up at Lane Stadium and played as though they were back in Stillwater. "I was amazed at how cool and collected our guys were in week 1. Virginia Tech is known for having one of the best home field advantages in all of college football and we were supposed to be their first victims," said Gundy.
    After an energizing season opener Oklahoma State had two bye weeks in a row. Some said this would cool the red hot offense that scored 37 against Virginia Tech. Others thought that it would be a great opportunity to build upon the positives and address the negatives of the team early in the season. This sportswriter knows one thing, the byes seemed to have had a positive effect on the team. Oklahoma State currently ranks 5th in the Big 12 in total offense and 3rd in total defense. I do worry that perhaps a bye later on in the season could have been more beneficial. The Cowboys will play football for 11 straight weeks with no rest and plenty of road trips.
    Surprises:
    • Clint Chelf's impressive season. (93-127, 1588 yds, 17 TD's, 3 Int) 73%! WOW!!
    • Rushing Defense: 53.5 ypg (2nd in FBS)
    • Total Defense: 276.1 ypg (13th in FBS)
    • Turnovers & lack thereof: +12 TOM (#5 in FBS)
    • Maturity of first time starters
    Disappointments:
    • Lack of a rushing attack: 84.5 ypg (T117th in FBS)
    • Joseph Randle: 83 - 363 yards, 3 TD's (60.5 ypg) *This isn't so much Randle's fault, more scheme-wise*
    • Pass Rush: 14 sacks (74th in FBS)
    • Pass Defense: 222.5 (90th in FBS) *Improvement, but more was expected due to returning starters*
    • Missed opportunities - A number of dropped interceptions haven't come back to haunt the Cowboys.. yet.
    The first half of the season may have been difficult, but the second half will not be any easier. The race for the Big 12 title heats up in the second half of the season and with that added pressure, each game becomes more and more important. Four of the remaining six games on the schedule will take place in Stillwater, but this does not mean relief is in sight. The Cowboys defeated #14 Texas at home in week 3, but will face #15 TCU in week 10, a team on the verge of entering the top 25 in West Virginia, and of course #20 Oklahoma in Bedlam.
    The Pokes will travel to Manhattan to face Heisman candidate Collin Klein and the #3 Kansas State Wildcats in what could be the de facto Big 12 Championship game. Both teams sit at 3-0 currently in the conference and this game has all the makings of a great one if the teams manage to stay unscathed heading into it. The season finale will be held at Baylor on the first of December. After the Iowa State game Coach Gundy was asked how he felt about his team halfway through the season. "These guys have played some amazing football. I was a little worried when I saw the schedule our AD had cooked up for us this year. A young inexperienced team could have a lot of trouble with 7 away games, but our guys have embraced the challenge the schedule presents and were excited to finally be able to play in front of our home crowd next week! We would love to be able to run the ball a little or stop the pass better, but every team has flaws. I'm just so proud at how my guys have overcome their flaws and continue to play great football. Each game has called for something different and they were ready for it. When our offense slows down, our defense picks them up. That's what championship caliber teams do. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season with these guys as we continue to work towards our team goals."

• Like Like x 3
  11. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

Won 31-13. Froze in post game. Didn't count it. Ughhhhh. I'll replay it.

12. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

Utes get out of mid-season hump​
    The Oregon State Beavers went up early with a field goal. Soon after Utah's Jordan Wynn, threw a 10 yard slant play to Devonte Christopher for 6. Literally only 6. The extra point was missed due to the user not paying much attention. Oh well. First quarter ended with Utah up 6-3. Jordan Wynn threw 2 more touchdowns in the 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter each putting the Utes up 33-3 at end of 3rd quarter. Beavers finally scored a touchdown midway through the 4th. The game would end 36-10. Oregon State was 0-11 on 3rd down conversions which lead to many many punts.​
    Players of the game:​
    Offense- Jordan Wynn, 16/29 326 yds, 5 TD, and 1 INT​
    Defense- Trevor Reilly, 4 tackles 1 sack​

13. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan beats #4 Michigan State 59-20

With the Paul Bunyan Trophy at stake, Michigan extended an 11 point lead at half to a 32 point lead by the end of the 3rd. Michigan QB Denard Robinson was stellar in the 3rd quarter, opening the quarter with a 77-yard TD run. The next play junior CB Courtney Avery picked off the MSU QB and ran it back for a touchdown. Later in the period Denard ran for a 66-yard TD run and threw a 67-yard strike to star WR Jeremy Gallon.

Denard Robinson's play was the story of today. Yet again he had a spectacular game, though his completion percentage was terrible. He was 9-22 229 yards 3 TD 1 INT, and ran for 238 yards on 16 carries and 3 TDs. WR Jeremy Gallon had 4 catches for 122 yards and a TD. And as dominant as Denard Robinson was in the 3rd quarter the player who really broke the game open for the Wolverines was junior CB Courtney Avery. He picked off the MSU QB three times in the 3rd quarter.

14. droid43

droid43 Walk On

How's recruiting been for you? I saw Michigan all of a sudden sneak into the top 5 classes last week.

15. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I am really glad I played you when I did, and really afraid of what might happen if we meet in the championship game.
    DumbAndDumberGag.gif

16. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Anybody else try to get on the OD today? I got in on my first try, then in the loading screen of the game, it said my disk was unreadable and kicked me out. Now when I try to sign it it keeps saying there is an OD error and I can't even get in. Driving me nuts, again.

17. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

TIGERS ROAD SHOW ROLLS THROUGH COLLEGE STATION

#1 LSU 23
    #9 Texas AM 10

Good evening ladies and Gentlemen. this is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting from Kyle field on the Campus of Texas Am University as the 9th ranked Aggies host Top ranked LSU Tigers in the GMONEY TV and ESPN Saturday night Primetime game of the week. This was one tough ticket to get your hangs on before prior to the game as the game was sold out before Tuesday afternoon making it the fastest sellout in Texas Am history as they try to knock off the top team in the land. This game was a battle just like the expert predicted it would be. LSU started the score on a 28 yd FG by Drew Alleman to give the Tigers a 3-0 lead. Then after a Aggie punt the Tiger marched down the field and score on a Landry 5 yard pas from Zach Mettenberger to give the Tigers a 10-0 lead. that's how the first QTR would end. then both defenses started to settle down and forced each other to punt twice. Then the Aggie put together a excellent drive and had a first a goal from the LSU 7 yardline. Their QB was going to the right on an option and he was stuck as he pitched it out and the pitch went right into the hands of JR LB Tahj Jones as his picked it off in the air and went untouched 92 yards for another TD and the Tigers were rolling and led this game 17-0. Again the Tigers would force a Aggie punt just before half time. the Tiger cam marching down again and as time expired Alleman kicked his 2nd FG of the half to give the Tigers a 20-0 half time lead.
    The Aggies drove down the field in the 3rd QTR and finally got on the board as Bertolet kicked a 31 yard FG to trim the Tigers lead to 20-3. Then the Aggies defense stuffed LSU and forced a punt and the Aggies took advantage of great field position to drive the ball and finally score their first TD of the game as Garrett Graham rolled in from 5 yards out to cut the lead to 20-10. The crowd had come alive and the stadium was rocking for the first time since the opening kickoff. LSU needed to get rolling on offense. In the 4th QTR, LSU finally had another strong drive and were driving towards another TD . However once they got into the red zone, the Aggies defense tightened up and the Tiger once again had to settle for a FG to up the Tigers lead to 23-10. The Aggies got the ball again but the Tigers were there on defense and stepped up and held the Aggies as they were forced to go for it on 4th and 12. After 3 Mettenberger kneel downs this on was over as the Top ranked team in the land held on for a 23-10 victory over a very game 9th ranked Texas AM Aggies. Wait, is that him. Yes it is. It's coach GMONEY walking towards the podium now so let's hear what he has to say to the media.

NOTABLE LSU STATS

Zach Mettenberger 6/11/85/1td
    Spencer Ware 21 rushes 100 yards
    Michael Ford 7 rushes 25 yards
    Alfred Blue 3 carries 14 yards
    Kenny Hillard 3 rushes 5 yards

5 Different Tigers caught at least 1 pass

GMONEY 15: "What's up bitches. Once again I will not answer any of your stupid ass questions during this press conference. Once I am done talking, I will exit this room. We played well in the first half as I felt that my team was 100% totally prepared for this game and felt great going into the locker room with a 20-0 half time lead. The all of a sudden once again we lose our momentum that we worked so hard to build. I will give Texas AM credit and they came out and fought extremely hard in the 2nd half and played pretty good defense on us for the most part. Yes we made some bonehead offensive play calling but we need to ensure that we stay focused for all 4 QTRS and once again we just can't seem to do that at the moment and that really pisses me the f^3k off. Now after going to Florida, Tennessee and Texas, we have 1 more stop on our 4 game SEC road trip. We have to go to Columbia Missouri to take on the #11 ranked Tigers. We have to be ready for this game as well. We have to continue to stay focused and treat each and every game with the same 100% intensity as we are trying to become SEC Champions and get into the BCS Bowl game. Ok it time for me to meet with my defensive coordinator and prepare for the Missouri Tigers. Thanks for coming out, god bless and good night."

There you have it. I am J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe from GMONEY TV reporting live from Kyle field as the Top ranked team in the Nation the LSU Tiger defeated the 9th ranked Texas AM Aggies 23-10. Our next telecast for GMONEY TV will be Saturday night again in conjunction with ESPN as the Tiger make their final stop of a brutal 4 game road SEC matchups when they take on the #11 Missouri. That all for now and have a good evening.

18. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I guess I've been one of the lucky ones. *knock on wood* I haven't had but a few freezing issues in road to glory and it's usually just been when I'm trying to load a game.

19. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

To be honest, my gameplan doesn't really work vs users. It isn't like I'm cheesing the computer or anything, but it's hard having an option-based game vs users because most users will just control a LB and blow up plays right away.

*Oh and just for the record shreck, we are playing in the champ game :p Unless I lose my first two QBs and melt down in a CPU game

Droid--->Sorry I've been kinda slacking on posting my recruits. I'll get to that in a bit. I've picked up 2 78+ corners, a few safeties, and two kickers lol. I really need to grab myself a linebacker or D-lineman.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  20. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Haha no worries, I was just looking at the top classes and bam there's Michigan. I thought you weren't having any luck. ;)

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Well guys, Schreck's about to have compound aneurysms, not sure that's a real thing yet, but maybe I'll get to be the first and have them named after me. So I play my Illinois game, and it was a very good game, went up 30-0 before they came back with 17 unanswered to make it a reasonable game late into the 4th until I sealed it with an Eifert TD. So, up by 20, I wanted to do the safe thing and sim it to the end. That worked swimmingly. So at the end, I should have just exited out as fast as possible to make sure it saved, but, stupid idiot that I am, I wanted to make a highlight. So, obviously, it froze. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so freaking unbelievable. I'm going to try to get through it again quick since it looks like we're almost done and I have to be gone all weekend, but man, if this doesn't get fixed I don't know how much more of this I can take. In our OD last year, through 7 seasons I never had a problem, never had a restart, and now this. Nothing makes me cringe more than that damn restarts thing under my name, freaking hate that.

22. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Finally made it through, after about 4 tries. Every time the game started to load an error screen would pop up and say the disk is unreadable. Of course, the disk is as clean and unmarked as possible, so that's awesome. Anyway, I got into it and simmed most of it, came out with a similar result, 36-7, but not much to talk about because I only played one series. This had better not be the process I have to go through every game.

23. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Whoa, just looked at the stats, Theo went off for 220 and 2 TD's, he might be better off without me :).

24. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol at least you got it finished. Hopefully they fix this freezing nonsense ><

25. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

now we just need embow and wick to play, then we can advance