Week 9 2013 Now Open - Deadline 1.12.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jan 10, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 9 Now Open

Deadline = January 12, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Miami, OH (Roady) @ Kent St. (CLW)

Akron (DJ) @ Bowling Green (Sox)

Scheduling Threads Up Shortly....

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And still no love for Dat U! I think my recruits are getting spolied now. This week there may be some tough love involved. My envelopes may not be delivered on time, my spirit squad may not make thier schedules visits, either. Or if they do, there may only be one squad member visiting at a time....spoiled kids....

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Roady takes out The Commish in the WILDEST game I have EVER PLAYED in the NCAA Football series. My Frosh QB felt the pressure of going head-to-head with Q and airmailed 4 ints.

At the start of the 4th Quarter Coach Roady went to milking the clock and when Timberlake hit a 39 yd field goal Dat U was crusin' 38-20. At that point, Coach CLW said "F it! Let's see if the kid can run the no huddle." Williams and Kent St. went off on the Redhawks realing off three straight TDs and the Golden Flashes came all the way back to take a 42-38 lead with 54 seconds remaining.

However, although Coach CLW had finally figured out the issues on offense his defense still SUCKED ASS. Roady calmly and cooly picked apart the Kent St. defense who could get no pressure and could not cover. Bobby Boucher connected with Miller for a 38 yard touchdown pass and Kent St.'s comeback had been dashed just like that as Dat U retook the lead with a mere 24 seconds left.

Not so fast my friends. The Frosh Williams was not done leading his team down the field and driving the team down the field with precision and smartly rolled out and threw the ball in the stands to stop the clock with no time outs left setting up a 34 yard field goal try. Oh Coach Roady tried the last second ice the kicker time out to no avail as Cortez (who some claim Coach CLW smuggled across the Mexican border illegally) has ice water in his veins sending the game to OT as the clock hit 0:00 45-45.

In OT Kent St. took the ball 1st and Williams scrambled for a 5 yard touchdown run on 3rd and goal giving the Golden Flashes the lead again 52-45. However, the Golden Flash "D" could not solve the Redhawks O. Miami, OH went through Coach CLW's D like Obama spends the cash scoring with ease to make the score 52-51 then Coach Roady showed he had the balls the size of grape fruit going for 2. The gutsy call paid off ans Miami was just able to overpower the PATHETICALLY WEAK Kent St. front to walk in for the game winner at Miami held on for a 53-52 victory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Proof21

Proof21 Walk On

Sounds like a defensive battle, the two old-timers..in a battle!

Nice win Roady

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

This game was absolutely bananas. I'm staring at my keyboard wondering how to describe the madness and I'm stunned.

In the first half, the Kent State QB was obviously rattled. He threw four picks and made life very easy for Dat U. Once again, the opportunistic D makes short fields and quick scores for the O. On Miami's first play from scrimmage we got sacked for a loss of 12. That would be the last time our QB got dirty. Austin Boucher had a pair of TDs in the first half, and DaQuan Hargrett ran for another for a 21-13 lead at the break.

But the Commish laid out the hit stick on Dat Q. A broken thumb will cause him to miss the rest of the regular season. The injury all but ended his Heisman hopes and brief, but storied, career at Dat U. Luckily, All-American Dougie Fresh was available to help pick up the slack. He rushed for 70 yards and a TD in part time duty before ANOTHER big hit tore his pectoral muscle and he'll miss the rest of the regular season, too.

Miami got a passing TD to Glenn Miller to open the third and Dougie Fresh's rushing TD followed up for a 35-13 lead. Here's where I took my foot off the gas. The lead was only 18, but it seemed Kent State was about done. Until their QB jumped in the phone booth and came out anew. In the blink of an eye, it was a shootout, and I'm not going to win that against CLW.

Kent State scored three TDs, got a 2pt conversion, and a field goal in the final seven minutes. My pass D was just for show, and I could barely pressure the QB. There was a tipped pass in the endzone that two of my boyz juggled before dropping. I knew that one would haunt me too.

You know how it ended, but my decision to go for 2 was made as soon as the coin flip happened. I knew I can't outlast C-dub, so if I had the chance I would go for it all. This time it worked.

Miami is now 8-0 tied atop the MACk East, but will face their rivals Temple, Bowling Green, and Ohio with their #3 running back.

Amazing game, bruh.

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

You take the Commish out you lose your studs. Take note GBNers. Just sayin'

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And we didn't even discuss the huge hit stick fumble you laid on my #3 running back, in your territory, that lead to Kent State taking the lead. Dude, the only time you lead was with 24 seconds left! That was a silly ending. Where the hell did my pass D go? They had the sticky mitts early, but then just became spectators at the end. Ugh. I need to coach the boyz up to play a full 32 minutes.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

That late fumble was actually a user strip. I somehow got VERY lucky as a hole opened up and I went right through it and I guess timed it right on the strip button combined with your 3rd String back not being the best at protecting the ball led to the fumble.

Looking back, I probably didn't play it right clock wise in the 4th Quarter burning those time outs "early" in the quarter when you were running the ball and milking the clock. Had I saved one or both of those TOs I might have had time to take a shot (or 2) at the endzone late instead of having to hurry up scramble out of the pocket and throw it into the stands to stop the clock.

In the end the 4 INTs (party due to Williams lack of compsure under pressure) was too deep of a hole to stay out of. However, if the kid progresses nicely I suspect he will be putting up Tecmo Bowl #s by his Senior year.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I played the same mind game, too. As soon as I scored the go ahead TD, I was pissed there were 24 seconds left. But we were in the same boat: score the points, worry about D later. I mean may drive was 2 plays, I think. After the decent return, I got that long pass to the left, setting up the HB dive. It would have wrist-slitting if I took a knee to run the clock down and then not score points for the loss.

After choking up the late lead last season vs. Lambeau, almost doing the same vs. Vols, and now losing the lead and fighting to get it back vs. you, I know I can't go easy on anyone. I set the clock tempo down but got Norv Turner-esque with my play calling because I was scared of throwing a TAINT, even though Boucher had 4 TDs and no picks at that point.

Still, Miami had a somber celebration today because DaQuan is in a cast, and Dougie Fresh is in a sling. I'm going to have to take the cellophane off John Coltraine for the final run to glory this year. He got bumped off the depth chart when he was hurt last year, Dougie Fresh blew up in his place, and Dat Q transfered over. I hope he's going to play angry for the next two months.

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

[​IMG]

Hats off gents, great game.

I see nobody wants to follow that with a "my team won by 17 against so an so and blah blah blaaaah".

I'll take one for the new blood and say Temple will be playing tonight.

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

LOL well considering the only "originals" left are me and Roady we are clearly the minority. The way I see it, you guys are all GBNers now.

13. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

My past few user vs user games have been kind of crazy. Great game guys...

This game is great.......can't wait to see what improvements they make next year.

14. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Cosign. We family, we family now.

15. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Werd!

LMAO I got to thinking about our game last night and I cannot imagine how crazy it would have been if the rest of the GBNers had the option to see that craziness and you could hear the screams and the "OMGs"

Spectator Mode or the ability to see the game in its entirety after the fact would be AMAZING!