Week 9, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 42-28 against Iowa (4-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #9 Penn State (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Nate Carter has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 49-14 against Washington State (3-5).
    This week, the Ducks will host UCLA (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Tevita Wright has committed to Oregon
    - (****) CB Wes Green has committed to Oregon
    - (****) CB Chris Frye has committed to Oregon
    - (****) RT Spencer Harris has committed to San Diego State
    - (****) FS Nathan Pollock has committed to Oregon

=============== #8 LSU Tigers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 35-28 against Ole Miss (2-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host Old Dominion (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Josh Overstreet has committed to LSU

=============== #6 Texas A&M Aggies (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 49-24 against Auburn (4-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host Vanderbilt (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Steve Miller has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) LT Brent Clark has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) LOLB Ed Williams has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) SS Anthony Weldon has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #23 Florida Gators (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 31-24 against Missouri (5-2).
    This week, the Gators are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR John Green has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas lost 30-3 against Alabama (7-0).
    This week, the Razorbacks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Steve Miller has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #3 Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-0) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Danny Manning has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) FS J.R. Martin has committed to Nebraska

=============== UCLA Bruins (3-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 24-17 against Stanford (6-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Eugene to face the #4 Oregon Ducks (7-0).

=============== #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus to face the #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Alan Richardson has committed to Kent State
    - (****) MLB David Adams has committed to Michigan

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 41-14 against Illinois (2-4).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Joey Walden has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #19 USC Trojans (5-1) ===============
    Last week, USC lost 27-16 against Notre Dame (5-2).
    This week, the Trojans will host Utah (4-3).

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Lots of commits for the Ducks and Aggies! Big home game visits last week!

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

CJTHA1 Can you play tonight? I know you have a busy schedule, so text me with a time that works. I'll get off work around 9:30 EST and can play a half hour after

4. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

For the life of me I can't figure out where they get the positions from for athletes. JR Martin will not be a FS. He will be a QB. He's 6'3 201 with great throwing attributes and mobility to boot.

5. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I was in the middle of my game against Utah when my power blinked so I'll show a restart but I won't be able to get the game in until after 10 or 11pm EST

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks for the details.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I should be off around 10-10:30est, is that a good time?

• Like Like x 1
  8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Yeah let's plan for 10:30

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

BUCKEYES QUIETS THE DOUBTERS, PENN STATE​
    [​IMG]
    38 - 7
    Just days after Penn State coach John Jbek made comments about Ohio State struggling with inferior opponents, the Buckeyes had no trouble putting away No. 9 Penn State. The second-ranked team in the nation scored on its first two plays from scrimmage en rout to a 38-7 victory which left little doubt as to who was the more talented and prepared team. ​
    Per usual, the catalyst to Ohio State's success was Braxton Miller, who sliced through the Nittany Lion defense for more than total yards and all five Buckeyes touchdowns. It didn't take long for Miller to get going, as his first completion was a 40-yard touchdown to Philly Brown on a swing pass. In truth, Brown did most of the work for the game's first score, as he turned a 1-yard pass into a long gain to ignite the Buckeye crowd. On Miller's second play, however, he scored all by himself, gashing the PSU defense for a 78-yard touchdown run. ​
    The quick-strike touchdowns seemed to deflate a Penn State team that never got it going offensively outside of their lone touchdown drive in the first quarter. In all the Silver Bullets held Penn State to a season-low 170 yards of offense, while allowing just one yard on the ground. ​
    "Coach put the statements Penn State made earlier this week up on the bulletin board and that really got us going," said third-year linebacker Ryan Shazier, who was in the Penn State backfield all day. "I think our play said it all today."​
    Other players were less modest. ​
    "That performance should put the nation on notice," said standout corner Bradley Roby. "THE Ohio State is here, here at the top of college football, and we here to stay."

Game Notes
    = Braxton Miller completed 16-of-20 passes for 241 yards and 2 TD. He also carried the ball 8 times for 91 yards and 3 scores​
    = Philly Brown was again a standout, catching 6 passes for 74 yards and a score. He also had a dazzling 58-yard punt return down to the PSU 3-yard line. Ask jandy, it was a crazy return​
    = Penn State totaled just one yard on the ground​
    = Ohio State hosted several of the nation's top prospects, some of which could be making their decisions this weekend​
    [​IMG]
    Philly Brown breaks past Penn State's coverage team on a 58-yard punt return. OSU would score 2 plays later

• Like Like x 2
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Gig 'Em Aggies!
    [​IMG]
    What's a good way to defeat the Commodores Navy? Air support! Johnny made a deal with his receivers before the game that he would get them the ball more. He delivered to the tune of 335 yards and 3TDs. He was efficient running the ball as well, leading in rushing with 84 yards and a TD on only 9 carries.​
    The Aggie defense allowed some yards to Vandys passing game but was able to keep them out of the endzone up until a missed assignment in the 3rd when the game was well out of reach.​
    Manziel bruised his hip in early in the third allowing redshirt freshman backup Matt Davis get a few quality reps with the first team. He ended up with 2 TD runs of his own during this time and in garbage time in the fourth.​
    Multiple recruits were in the building, many of them very interested in the A&M arial attack.​
    Stats:​
    Manziel - 22/32 335 and 3 TDs, 84 rushing yards and 1 TD​
    Ben Malena - 73 yards and 1 TDs​
    Mike Evans - 7 rec. for 90 yards and 2 TDs​

11. jandy

jandy Walk On

CJTHA1 on my way home from work, I'll hop on as soon as I get back

12. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Actually they were right. Jr is a fs... His brother Russell is who I'm recruiting is a QB...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Don't worry too much about how the dynasty wire classifies athletes, it means next to nothing

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, it's often not even their highest rated position.

15. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

jandy My phone has been acting weird lately. If you want to play tonight shoot me a message on PSN. Otherwise we can play tomorrow night and that's no problem with me as well

16. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Stanford.gif
    #14 Stanford 45, Oregon State 21
    Stan 1.jpg
    MLB Shayne Skov picks off Sean Mannion and returns it for a Cardinal score.

Corvallis, OR - The Stanford Cardinal (7-1, 5-1) went into Reser Stadium and came out with an impressive 45-21 win over Oregon State (5-3, 2-3), 1 week after Coach Townsend took over for David Shaw, who departed Palo Alto for greener pastures in the NFL even though the Cardinal were 6-1. the Cardinal win allowed Stanford to stay hot on the trail of the Oregon Ducks, impoving to 5-1 in conference play ahead of the huge showdown that awaits in Palo Alto in 2 weeks.
    Staford was led by Kevin Hogan playing very effective all day, hitting 6 different receivers. Hogan finished 18/28 for 325 yards and 3 TD passes, earning player of the game honors. Anthony Wilkerson ran the ball effectively and finished with 125 rushing yards, 55 coming on a late TD scamper. Oregon State's Sean Mannion had a decent game, passing for 297 yards and 2 TDs, but his critical TAINT to Shayne Skov immediately after a Ryan Hewitt TD grab, pushed the game to 21-7 Stanford late in the 2nd quarter. Despite the lack of scoring by Or. St., they held the ball for over 15 minutes, but failed to convert on an early 4th down in Cardinal territory and missed 2 field goals. The Cardinal methodically pulled away in this game, and will have a nice bye week next week before facing the mighty Oregon Ducks. Stay tuned.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On