Week 9 2014 Now Open - Deadline = 2.23.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 21, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 9 Now Open

Deadline = February 23, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN = Kent St. (CLW) @ Miami, OH (Roady)

Roady tonight is probably not good for me. I have an appointment to get my taxes done. Tomorrow I should be home around 6 pm EST. Let me know what works for you. Thanks!

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Tuesday night about 9:30 works great for me. You get your reaming tonight...I'll get mine tomorrow.

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Sounds good.

The wife and I "should" be in good shape tax wise. We aren't quite yet in the "evil"/"fat cat" bracket (wife still working for slave wages during her residency and fellowship). However, The People's Republic ALWAYS gets us. I mean we have jobs (non state union) in state with like 25%+ real unemployment so we must be EVIL. I anticipate a Federal refund and owing The People's Republic (that was the case last year). In the end, its a net gain for us (crosses fingers).

• Like Like x 1
  4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Man I pay people to do my taxes and I swear I end up doing them myself. I'm like hey right there is where you are supposed to put this deduction in. You typed in the wrong number there. Etc.... However, in the end The Commish and Dr. Frosty were victorious!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

That's good for you. We're lucky to have a good relationship with an accountant. He's definately not an in and out type place. We gather our stuff, sit with him for a bit, and then he takes about 2 weeks to prep and review. The best part is how we pay for the services. He usually donates an hour of his work to my school's silent auction. I've won that hour at 50% off face value the last two years. I can write off that as a charitable donation because of the auction, and get it back in the end.

Yay...receiving my interest free loan back from the gov't. I'm so lucky.

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple defeats utterly devoid of talent EMU 49-28.

With the new guy going out west with WMU, I was wondering if there would be a possibility of me heading out there with him. Looking to take on the challenge of EMU.

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I wholeheartedly support this idea!

Actually, I was thinking about heading out West, too. But I've invested so much money into recruiting and strippers that it would be tough to replace.

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I don't have a problem with some "reallignment" starting next season. We are at 5 now so 2 in one division and 3 in the other is the best way to go and we will keep requiring guys to alternate when/if more jump in. I.e. the next guy will go to the divison minus one and so on.

Roady I'll probably be in around 6 pm EST tonight just hit me up when you are free as Ill be around.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish defeats Roady and Dat U 31-7. The Redhawks started out strong as it looked like the Golden Flashes had been out all night at the Gentlemen's club on Roady's dime as two Kent St. turnovers led to an early 7-0 Redhawk lead. However, in the end Kent St. regrouped and shut down Coletrain and co. the rest of the way to remain undefeated.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Once again the mighty commish lays out my boys. And after the fine, fine entertainment we provided to their hotel rooms. On the opening kickoff, Dougie Fresh gets knocked the fuck out, and doesn't return. There was no injury report, either. Dude just went into hiding. After the game, he's not injured. Go figure.

The Kent defense was brutal. Miami only had 3 first downs and could not keep our own defense off the field to rest. Eventually Kent wore us down and the stick skill difference showed as Kent rolls off 31 unanswered points after the first quarter to make it a laugher. And it could have been worse if I hadn't won the turnover battle. This was the first game that happened, and the 31 points represent the stingiest my D has played all year. Sheesh.

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oh the opportunities....

So on my first play, C-Dub USER PICKS a ball that went through the back of his LB in man coverage. WTF? Dude was running with his back to the play and just grabs it off his hip like he's receiving a baton in a relay race. And as the first half was closing out Heisman hopeful David Williams through a biscuit to my CB Eddie Griffin in the flat. The receiver fell down and there 95 yards of green between crazy Eddie and taking a halftime lead. But he dropped it.

What kills me is the bizarro controller I have. One my last pick, the WR was running a comeback. He was open, and when i hit his button I pulled down on the stick to keep the pass low, but it airmailed him, the guy covering him and ended up 20 yards over their heads. And don't get me started on how the juke stick kept spinning my runner into a tackler instead of actually juking away. My thumbs hate me.

12. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

New Coach Fred Limbo and West Mich hosted Arkansas. West Mich came out playing inspired football for there new coach and go up 10-0 on a pick six and a FG. Ark scored 21 in 2nd Q but West Mich would not be put down scoring 2 tds in last 2 min of the half to take a 24-21 lead into half time.
    3rd Q: Was a complete meltdown by the Offence and D with Ark scoreing 20 more.
    4th Q: Ark adds 2 more TDs and West Mich finaly scores late in the forth to make the final 55-31.

Coach Notes and Quotes:
    "My gameplan is run run run the ball! It was very obvious early that was not going to happen the ARK DL stayed in our backfield blowing up our RB."

"After ajusting the gameplan Qb Gabbert got into a rythem but was constantly being hit and chased around the pocket. After being taken out of the game several times for injuries he was finally knock out late in the 3rd for good."

"7 int's and a fumble thats 8 turnovers you just can't have that and expect to beat an SEC team!"

"Dropped passes killed us also our WR have to do a better job at looking the ball in!"

13. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Tough start for your debut, Coach. I'm sure you'll take advatage of the depth of talent at WMU soon enough. Good luck with your bounce back game.