Week 9 2015 Now Open - Deadline = 3.24.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Mar 22, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 9 Now Open

Deadline = March 24, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Miami, OH (Roady) @ Kent St. (CLW)

Roady I am going to be on the road the next two days but will pack the PS3. I'll be available anytime tonight or tomorrow night. Hopefully, the hotel net won't slow us down. Let me know what works best for you. Thanks!

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

CLW -

Tonight works best for me. About the usual time? 9:30 to 10 pm is my guess. Thanks!!

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Sounds good I am in the hotel room and the PS3 is online. How good the connection will be is anyone's guess. I am staying at a Marriott and I went ahead with the wired connection for the PS3 so hopefully we wont have any issues.

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Sounds good! See you then!

5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I was in the shower when you messaged me on PSN and I had ordered room service for dinner. I just finished dinner so I am free whenever. Just hit me up on AIM.

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish survives Roady 42-28. The game was a wild turnover fest on my part. Poor reads led to 2 interceptions and Roady was a stripping fool forcing 3 lost fumbles. It seemed like every time I called a run play or was forced to scramble for my life it ended in a fumble. In the end the Golden Flashes came up with some HUGE passing plays in the 4th quarter to secure a victory.

GG Roady GL rest of the way!

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Radio is the only one that left but I think I saw where he expects to get his new PS3 tomorrow so we will wait seeing as we are way ahead of schedule. Radio let me know when you get your game in.

8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

sounds good

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

That was a good one, Commish. Our coaches had a feeling we could get Williams to cough up the ball when he ran. All week we had strip specific drills in practice. Coaches would walk around with an open bag of $50 bills, and players would practice grabbing and going. The spirit fluffers were also involved in strip specifc drills in the trainer's lounge, but that was more about coverage. Ahem.

Looking back, I quesiton not trying for the two long field goals, but FGs are not going to beat you. I had to go all in. Williams and his backup were huge in the 4th. I cannot stop your passing attack, but tried to disrupt it some by changing looks. Still, with the 2 & 3 star kids I have, it's no match. And you just wore them down.

I was happy John Coltraine came to play. He provided some inspired running to keep up in the game. His 82 yard run turned around momentum for a short time. Then we tied it on the big pass to Rick James. Of course, that was the time I'd cough up my two turnovers. The fumble after the big pass was a heart breaker and game ender. The next INT was just the f-you score. 2 TD lead with seconds to play and it was over.

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

EMU returns to action with a good pasting at the hands of Utah. 54-21 with 5 picks...4 being by dlineman or blitzing LB's. The CPU's ability to get passes off after a hit is atrocious. Flip side, if there is a CPU defender within 5 yards of your QB in throwing motion, you're taking a hit and throwing a flutter ball.