Week 9, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

In case you didn't see my important announcement over the weekend, click here. Boraby left the dynasty, I'm working on finding a replacement. ​
    North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech​
    #1 Auburn vs. Texas A&M​
    #5 Texas vs. Texas Tech​
    #6 Ohio State vs. Indiana​
    #8 Georgia Tech vs. Baylor​
    #9 Georgia vs. Missouri​
    #10 Wisconsin vs. Minnesota​
    #24 LSU vs. Mississippi State​
    User Game of the Week: #3 Notre Dame vs. #7 Iowa

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That's too bad. Did Boraby give a reason?

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just wasn't into it anymore, oh well. Looking forward to your game this week with Iowa. Should be very interesting

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn wins big over A&M and with then new crack down on stuff and not being sure of how many carrys/yards are to many or catches/yrds are to many we want made sure we kept in in check and tried to be a good little boy. Back ups came in mid 3rd and cleaned up.
    ScreenHunter_14 Oct. 22 19.30.jpg ScreenHunter_15 Oct. 22 19.31.jpg ScreenHunter_13 Oct. 22 19.28.jpg

5. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

What happened to not running up the score? You didn't do very well being a good boy. Your backs ups should have been in to start the 3rd quarter. Up 42-21 at that point. Not even a good try!!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

I will play my game on Tuesday, after class.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Think the back up rule is 24 point lead not sure I put them in when I get up 24 so whatever & my 73-35 look better than the 70-14 score I saw.

8. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

No it doesn't!! Especially since the commish just got done telling everyone not to run the stats and score up. Your starting QB threw for 471 yd and 5 td's, your backup QB was 5/5 and threw td's in the fourth quarter. You should have just been running the ball to run the clock out. You didn't even try to not pad your stats.

9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Simmer down everyone. We've all had games where the score got out of hand. The commish did remind us to stop doing that, and it is in the rules of TSO that we all agreed to by joining here. That said, it does seem like there was a lot of scoring by Auburn late in the game, but at least it was by his backups. So maybe not exactly what is expected, but at least it's a step in the right direction. The commish just had a lopsided victory himself, again some scoring late in the game but it was backups. I'm going to post my game shortly and I'm sure somebody will think I could have done more to keep it close, but my backups played the entire second half (side note, I'll never pull my starters before halftime) and I did my best to shorten the game as much as possible in the second half while still running an offense and trying to enjoy the game. After all, this is suppossed to be fun, let's try to point out issues in as constructive a way as possible and keep everyone having fun while also following the rules.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yep, let's all just get along. I know it's tough sometimes to take your foot off the gas, especially when your backups are still better than their starters. One thing I have made an effort to do when I'm up that far is to shut down my vertical passing game. If I get up by 30+ in the second half I usually just stop passing all together, even if it's 3rd and long. Then it's a challenge to see if I can get a first down on a long run. I also work on some of the lesser used running plays in my playbook. It's basically a live practice session at that point and I can work on some wrinkles for future games. I actually developed a few schemes in blow outs in one of my leagues. I use the scheme regularly now even in close games with success.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Texas Downs Rival Texas Tech 45-10
    Special teams stole the show in this Longhorn victory. WR Kendall Sanders returned a kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown and later took a punt back 74 yards for a score. The Longhorns also got great play from their defense as they constantly got pressure on the QB and picked off two passes. HB Johnathan Gray missed most of the game with a bruised sternum, but Texas still managed to gain over 130 yards on the legs of QB Jalen Overstreet and HB's Charles Stevens and Daniel Richard.
    Next week Texas will return home to Austin for a matchup with the Cowboys of Oklahoma State.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

12. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I try to limit my passing as well, but I do like to let the young guys throw every once in a while to see how they play. I like the idea of working on some of those different plays, gonna start doing more of that myself.

13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, it's helpful. A lot of developing your running game out of new foramtion and with different plays is figureing out the timing and reading the blocks. There's a lot of practice time out there if you take advantage of it.

14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin Comes up Big
    20-10
    V Minn.png
    ON WISCONSIN
    ydl01hfj8hw4p1mbg1zd.gif

• Like Like x 1
  15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Is it really that hard to "Come Up Big" against Minnesota? ;)

16. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Every win is big with my 2 losses :(

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

True. You lost to tOSU and who again?

18. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Auburn

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I did score 70 points this week, part of this was because I had three returns for touchdowns and after that I hit the ground with my backups. The big difference was that I threw for 177 yards, you threw for more than 450...and that wasn't in a complete game. Mason averaging 50 yards per reception on three receptions....I mean come on. That just screams abusing the CPU's shotty secondary.

The thing that bothers me the most is that it seems as if your primary goal each week is getting Mason insane stats and winning the Heisman. I could get 200 yards receiving and 100 yards rushing with Ray Hall every game, but I choose to spread it around. Please make an effort to do the same

20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That's right. Well I know who you didn't lose to. :(

Fortunately for me I lost early. I have to take care of business against the Hawks tonight though. As a real life Iowa State Cyclones alumni and fan, I really want to take out Iowa.

21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I just hope whoever wins between you two wins out. Need a big win in the Big Ten title game against a high-ranked opponent if I'm to get in the NC picture again

22. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

What a coincidence, me too! ;)

23. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well it look its pretty spread around 8 people caught pass 2 wr had 6+ catches mason only had 3 catches and he broke a screen play for 74 yards and then caught a big pass over the middle for a big gain. I'm not going to run out of bounds or dive to stop a big play or get lower stats. I had 400+ passing at the half and only threw 7 or 8 passes after half time all 2nd half points can on the ground hell i kicked a FG on 1st down.
    ScreenHunter_19 Oct. 23 17.05.jpg

24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Advance coming directly after the user game so have your stuff done everybody

25. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Look again there was no TD's thrown in the 2nd half get yer facts straight