Week 9 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 10, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-6) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 42-27 against Western Kentucky (6-1).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT George Slater has committed to Illinois
    - (***) RG Alex Fuller has committed to Cincinnati
    - (**) MLB Dale Winston has committed to Akron
    - (***) LOLB Russ Wilson has committed to Central Michigan
    - (**) RG Anthony Sullivan has committed to Ball State

=============== #19 Idaho Vandals (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 49-28 against UL Lafayette (5-2).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Kent to face the #15 Kent State Golden Flashes (6-1).

=============== #15 Kent State Golden Flashes (6-1) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host #19 Idaho (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Jamaal McCoy has committed to Kent State
    - (****) CB Andrew Lyles has committed to Penn State

=============== #20 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 42-27 against Eastern Michigan (1-6).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Arkansas State (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Lorenzo Pitts has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (****) RE Jamaal McCoy has committed to Kent State

=============== UAB Blazers (4-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 19-9 against Arkansas State (3-5).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Carl London has committed to Ohio
    - (***) CB Harold Jackson has committed to UAB

=============== #8 Army Black Knights (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 42-3 against Western Michigan (8-0).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Matt Fontaine has committed to Army

=============== #4 Western Michigan Broncos (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 42-3 against Army (6-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to South Bend to face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) FS Andy Henry has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) RE Aaron Gant has committed to Miami
    - (*****) HB Robert Shelton has committed to Miami

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 19-9 against UAB (4-3).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Bowling Green to face the #20 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Ryan Gilliam has committed to Southern Miss
    - (***) DT Kasey Ellis has committed to Baylor
    - (**) K Michael Cantrell has committed to Memphis

=============== Utah State Aggies (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 52-45 against Mid Tenn State (4-4).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Derek Perkins has committed to Utah State
    - (***) TE Wendell Sands has committed to Colorado
    - (***) RT John Huffman has committed to BYU
    - (****) MLB Larry Hood has committed to Georgia

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (5-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 48-41 against UCF (3-3).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Utah State (4-4).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 52-45 against Utah State (4-4).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Eastern Michigan (1-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG Levi Weeks has committed to Wake Forest

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 49-28 against Idaho (6-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host UAB (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Alex Chase has committed to UTEP

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

The UL Monroe athletic director gave coach AJS a "hall pass" this week, and he took full advantage, leaving his team behind to party in Vegas. The ULM offense took offence, and protested, with just 7 points and 6 turnovers, and decided to just run no-huddle for most of the game lol. The Defense, didn't seem to mind though, holding Brewster in check for the majority of the game, and forcing 11 stops on 15 Aggie 3rd down attempts. USU led 10-7 after the first quarter, then 24-7 at half. The game finally broke open when Brewster threw a 28 yard TD to Ryan Jackson at the end of the 3rd quarter to take a 31-7 lead which would be the final. Player of the game was Dennis Brewster who completed 12-28 for 209 yards and 3 TDs as well as a beastly 32 yard TD run which I may upload later. FS Hampton also contributed with 2 picks for the defense.

3. DirtycashDylan

WKU-14
    ASU-37

Wow. Don't know what to say. His team just dominated my slightly higher rated players in all facets.

On offence, his front 4 got a ton of pressure on me early and that got into my head. His crappy DBs were on my elite WRs like stink on shit and he made some nice user picks as well. but a lot of that can be attributed to EJ Hayden who missed several deep throws and doesn't put any zip on the ball. It's frustrating to think that my QB play may not get any better for years to come.

My DTs had about as bad a game as you can play. In fact my entire defense was pitiful in the tackling department allowing 69 ovr freshman RB Skidoo to rush for 2 TDs and 235 yards on 27 carries. As good as his DBs played, mine played the opposite.

but when I think about it, I came out and ran the ball 5 times the entire game and that's a big reason why I lost. I ran a 4 Wide Draw vs a 3 man front and his DE shot between the T and G and tackled the RB in the backfield. There were a ton of WTF moments like that that made me feel like I had to make it happen in the air.

Last year, I blew him out early and I was expecting to do that again. Before I realized it, I had had several 3-and-outs while Blonde had scored every drive and I was down 0-20. Well guess what, now I HAD to pass. I don't know what the fuck got into me.

GG Blonde

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

That's what happens when east meets west.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

WTF @DirtycashDylan we are going to kick you out of our side of the conference if you pull any more shit like this.

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Serves him right for injuring my 439030rd running back..

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah no shit. You gotta do better than when representing the East...especially against one of the lower tier west teams... SMH

8. Full Moon Fever

So lower tier west teams > upper echelon east? Like I said, it's Nik and the 11 dwarves.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Lower tier my ass

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

GG Dylan. I feel like youll come out guns blazing in our next game

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Haha, upper checelon? I don't think so.

12. DirtycashDylan

I'm in

13. DirtycashDylan

Play your games so I can advance the fuck out of this week already.

14. Full Moon Fever

Playing it tonight. Wanted to play it last night but that Sally has the sleep needs of a geriatric and was in bed at 9:15.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You couldn't start the game til after 10 and i was tired! I could have played anytime between 6-10 but that Sally lets his wife run his shit.

16. Full Moon Fever

Nah, I just don't play til the kid's in bed at 8. And then the wifey needs servicing so that takes about two hours on an off-night.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

FIFY

• Like Like x 1
  18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

@DirtycashDylan yo man You think we will be advancing tonight? If so hows ur schedule look after me working my 12 tomorrow or Sunday morning for my game?

19. DirtycashDylan

I don't know. Are we ready to advance?

20. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

MTSU 38
    EMU 22

MTSU improves to 5-4 (3-3) as they take down EMU and finally notch a win over a CUSA east foe. First half was a defensive struggle as the halftime score was 10-0. Then, we both started airing it out more and hit on some big plays. My RB Sam Tanner finally got going again and went for 221 yards on 31 carries to go with 2 TDs. My all world beater TE Ray Fisher got hurt in the 2nd quarter and was out for the game after catching two passes for 44 yards.
    Total Yards
    MTSU 433
    EMU 437
    Turnovers
    MTSU 1
    EMU 4

As you can see this game came down to turnovers. We both moved the ball but Crumb turned the ball over at key times which swung the game in my favor.

Players of the game:
    MTSU: MLB D. Walton 7 tckls, 3 TFL, 1 sack , 1 INT
    WR M. Gatewood 3 rec, 110 yards 3 TDs

EMU: WR S. Allen 4 rec, 126 yards, 2 TDs

Next Up: Bye week to get ready for HH and army.

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Mashed Potatoes!

Idaho strolled in to Kent, OH for a the first ranked matchup in the history of the Ohidaho Feud. However, this was less the Battle for the Golden Potato, and more a massacre. The East once again proving its superiority over the West as Kent State took Idaho behind the woodshed in this one. After a couple of Newby touchdown runs, the Vandals got their only offense of the first half on an 85 yard touchdown pass on 3rd and long. By halftime, it was 31-7 in favor of the Golden Flashes.

The 2nd half was no different as the Kent State defense continued to stifle the potent Idaho offense holding them to 256 total yards for the game. Adam Carter was a man possessed as he collected 3 sacks in the game and forced several 3 and outs as the time of possession was heavily in favor of Kent State with 23:51 compared to just 8:09 for the Vandals. The final was 45-14 in a stunning defensive effort by Kent State. Golden Flash QB Charlie Denman finished 16 of 21 for 363 yards and 3 TDs. Meanwhile Idaho's Jim Rice finished just 8 of 18 for 201 yards and 2 INTs.

I don't know how to embed video, so here's the link to see my 4-star freshman WR bitchslap 3 Idaho defenders in one play.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/66193800

• Like Like x 2
  22. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Thank you!!!! @JQwon13

The stars are aligning for Utah State to sneak into the Championship game with 3 conference losses. 1 Idaho loss and 2 USU wins and it will happen lol.

23. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

#4 Western Michigan 69
    @
    Notre Dame 47

1st Quarter:
    3:46 TD Notre Dame Ben James FB #39 27 Yd Pass from Carl Simmons #2 (7-0)
    3:32 TD Western Michigan Doug Rouse WR #2 77 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (7-7)
    2:21 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 5 Yd Rush (14-7)
    1:36 TD Notre Dame Nick Levine WR #85 10 Yd Pass from Carl Simmons #2 (14-14)
    2nd Quarter:
    5:33 FG Notre Dame R.J. Washington K #17 20 Yd Field Goal (17-14)
    3:35 TD Notre Dame Mark Stewart HB #29 3 Yd Pass from Carl Simmons #2 (24-14)
    1:45 TD Western Michigan Doug Rouse WR #2 46 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (21-24)
    0:50 TD Notre Dame Maurice Anderson WR #82 10 Yd Pass from Carl Simmons #2 (31-21)
    0:09 FG Notre Dame R.J. Washington K #17 44 Yd Field Goal (34-21)
    3rd Quarter:
    7:06 TD Notre Dame Nick Levine WR #85 9 Yd Pass from Carl Simmons #2 (41-21)
    6:34 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 11 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (28-41)
    5:12 TD Western Michigan Jared Jones WR #10 45 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (35-41)
    4:06 TD Western Michigan Adam Vaughn WR #88 56 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (42-41)
    4th Quarter:
    6:53 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 5 Yd Rush (49-41)
    6:15 TD Western Michigan Adam Vaughn WR #88 23 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (56-41)
    4:35 TD Notre Dame Avery Lamber HB #33 8 Yd Pass from Carl Simmons #2 (47-56) 2-PT Failed
    4:24 TD Western Michigan Nate Coe WR #19 94 Yd Kick Return TD (63-47)
    2:11 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 38 Yd Field Goal (66-47)
    0:51 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 23 Yd Field Goal (69-47)

MVP: WMU QB Adrian Pollock 19/39 182.1 QB Rating 455 Yards 6 TD's

The Turning Point: The quarter long span from 6:34 in the third to 6:15 in the 4th that saw Western Michigan rally back from a 20 point deficit to take a 15 point lead in slightly over 8 minutes. Adrian Pollock had been a sleeping giant and finally came awake.

Key To The Game: There really wasn't any one stat that stand's out but my defense got absolutely shredded in the first half due to short fields and poor play and absolutely turned in on in the 2nd to force countless 3 and out's and TO's as well.

Next Week: Coach Qwon comes to Waldo Stadium in the oldest rivalry in NCAA Football history as the #4 Western Michigan Broncos take on the #13 Kent State Golden Flashes.