Week 9, 2016

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Glen Cieske, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

#1 Wisconsin, #7 Alabama and #20 Georgia Tech are on byes this week and Texas has an in-state match-up. Good Luck gentlemen.

#2 Ohio State v Indiana​
    #3 Texas v Texas Tech​
    #9 Oklahoma v BYU​
    #16 North Carolina v Virgina Tech​
    User Game of the Week
    #6 Notre Dame vs Iowa

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

webbs6212, can you play Wed night around 9 CST? If not, let me know.

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

#1 Wiscy, #2 OSU! Looks like week 13 could be the Game of the Century

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

It should be I don't think any of our games have been decided by more then a touchdown

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Thanks for posting this Glen, I'm definitely looking forward to our game!

As most of you know, I've removed Fred from the dynasty. I just thought it was the best thing to do moving forward. We will shuffle around the conferences again after this season to even things out, but I'm not going to decide how until I know who is still on board for Season 6. Hopefully we can get some new members, let me know if you have someone that's interested

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Hey Glen, shouldn't you be planning your move from Wisconsin to Arkansas right now? :)

7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Or changing my coaches name lol kinda pissed this shit happened before the rose bowl game

8. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

So do you think he'll win at AR? I'm hopeful that he's a good fit but not expecting a quick turnaround.

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yeah he will win, your defense will improve a lot. It will be interesting to see what type of offensive coordinator he brings in.I've heard he's not going to take a bunch of coaches from Wisconsin. He's also a good recruiter wisconsin has a lot of talent coming up in the next couple years.

10. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Im
    I can play tonight at 9...take it easy on me lol jk

11. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Oklahoma Beats BYU​
    BYU32-OU42.jpg
    Oklahoma went in to this week's game in Norman with the run game as the main focus. After a four and a half minute drive that saw the Sooners pound the ball all the way down the field, Trevor Knight fumbled on his way in to the end zone on a goal line push. The Cougars drove the ball right down the field until they were stood up inside the five, and kicked a FG for a 3-0 lead. The Sooners than had a quick three and out, and watch the Cougar offense drive right down the field again to the tune of 10-0 by the time they were done. That was about all the Cougars would muster however, as the Sooners roared back with twenty eight unanswered points including a Laith Harlow TD catch, pick six from Derrick Jones, 19-yd TD catch from David Smith, and finally a 96-yd FG return TD from Early King. The Cougars finally got back on the board early in the third quarter, and then the Sooners drove the ball back down the field and watched David Smith plunge in to the end zone for his second touchdown of the game. Later in that quarter, Early King took another FG return TD all the way back to the house to put the proverbially nail in the coffin for the Cougars. The Sooners put their youngsters in for the entire fourth quarter, and although freshman quarterback Brian Price threw two interceptions, red shirt sophomore Grant Hayes ran the ball well until suffering a mild concussion. Coach Adams said after the game, "I love the rare opportunity (in the Big 12) to put the young guys in the game and see what they can do. Price had a little bit of trouble reading the coverage, but that is to be expected from the youngster...the air he got under a few of his long balls were something special. The biggest surprise was the kind of lanes that Hayes was able to run through. Gotta be honest, he's got me turning my wheels in his favor...maybe get him the ball a little bit more. We'll see what happens. Boise State is gonna give us a struggle next week, but we welcome the challenge."​