Week 9, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just a reminder to everyone, only I should save the dynasty file. I don't want a repeat of last week anytime soon. No user games this week, lets breeze through this one.​
    #24 North Carolina @ Duke​
    #25 Florida @ Texas A&M​
    #1 Georgia Tech vs. Virginia​
    #18 Michigan @ Michigan State​
    #2 Notre Dame vs. #21 Clemson​
    #8 Alabama vs. Tennessee​
    Oklahoma vs. Kansas​
    #7 Ohio State vs. Indiana​
    #5 Wisconsin @ Maryland​
    User Game of the Week: #6 Texas @ #10 Arkansas​

• Like Like x 1
  2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Recruited.

Reluctantly found out today that MJ88 is a -6 bust. He's still 77OVR which is the overall of a true freshman I'm having some good success with so not all hope is lost but he's not the stud I was expecting to come in for next year.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha that's too bad. What are his main stats?

4. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

marcus.png

He will still, be lethal in the redzone and his route running is much better than originally expected so that will help. See the two digressions in speed and accel killed I could've done without one or either. Jumping 81 is still very good for a guy whose 6'5 he will be the target for plenty fade routes I can see him dominating. Catching could've dropped lower, I was hopeful for an 80+ with that B grade at first but I will take 78, which is a few points more than Chip Mitchell who has no trouble catching the ball in this league - had a few drops but most of those were on good defensive plays. Marcus will still play the same role in our offense he was going to and I have to quit playing into overalls as opposed to specific ratings, but I'd be lying to say I didn't think he would be MUCH better.

5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Next year the 20 pre-season scouting minutes will be very beneficial, I recruited basically blind this year and didn't do too bad at all IMO.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I'll trade ya!

This is the 5 star WR I am currently leading for. I like all of his stats except of Speed. I'll still take him, but he will never be a burner. Hopefully he serves a purpose as a go to possession guy in the future.

Capture.JPG

7. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

heh I need Marcus' 6'5 frame he will compliment Chip perfectly, so I will have to respectfully decline sir lol

With all that talent you don't need him to come and produce immediately especisally with that running game of yours god damn. He wil have time ot develop and by that time you'll actually need him he's gonna be ready. I think MJ88 is a 3 and out type of guy he's going to put up rediculous stats in my offense, so he'll prolly be in the league by the time Houston's really making his name.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah I will have some time to develop him. I am hoping for steady progression speed wise over the next 5 years and he should be very productive as an upper classmen.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

My biggest issue the past few years is getting difference makers at the skill positions. My stud QB is a holdover from a previous user. I can get some good defensive studs but I cant seem to get that superstar on offense lately.

10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I've got my work cut out for me next year I need a top 5 class if I want to be able to be competing in the ACC. I'm desperate for my 5th school prestige star this year, does anyone have the criteria for how to gain 5-6 stars? I remember at one point if you're 4star and finish in top 25 you get to 5.... if you're 5 and you finish in top 10 you get to 6....

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I don't think it's guaranteed, but there's a chance that you will. I've been at 5 stars the last few years and have finished top 10 if I remember correctly. I need an ACC championship this season and a shot at the NC. Hopefully that will get me my 6th star and a better shot at some superstars next season. I will have 2 RBs graduating so I am hoping to get a 5 star HB for sure.

12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Sorry I am fairly certain its not top 10 it's a top 5 finish to get 6th star. Unless they've changed it I'm 90% sure it was like that in previous versions.I'm waiting for a reply from a friend who said they still have the link for the criteria. I think you have to win one of the Big BCS Bowls and be lucky enough to fit into the top 5 to get your star, sir.

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Top 15 for 5 stars, top 5 and BCS for 6 to my knowledge. As for stud receiving prospects...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Longhorns Escape With Ugly OT Road Win 23-17

The Texas Longhorn offense looked out of sorts all game in their road matchup with Arkansas. Luckily, their defense played well enough to keep them in the game as they came up with two interceptions and pressured the Arkansas QBs all game. In the second half, Texas went back to basics and employed their rushing attack. That led to more success as they were able to score 14 unanswered points and erase a 10-3 halftime deficit. Freshman HB James Moore got the first start of his young career and managed 81 yards on 10 carries with most of the yards coming on the two second-half scoring drives. Arkansas wouldn't just lay down after losing the lead though and managed to tie it up with just 1:10 left in the game to force overtime with their old Southwest Conference rival. The Longhorns won the OT coin toss and elected to play defense first, and boy did they play some D. After 3 negative plays, Arkansas elected to go for it on 4th and long rather than attempt the long FG, and a long pass attempt to the endzone and into coverage ended up being batted down. The offense took the field knowing that any score would end the game, but QB Vince Woods would waste no time in finishing this one off. On the first snap, he took the ball on a read option play, headed right made one cut and darted straight upfield untouched for a 25-yard TD run for the winning score. It was an ugly game for Texas, but it was a win against the #10 team in the country on the road against an old rival, nothing to scoff at.

The Horns will be back on the road against another rival next week when they travel to College Station for a matchup against the Aggies of Texas A&M.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

15. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Hey guys. Just so you're aware...I moved in to a new apartment this week, and the internet is killing me. I've played my game three times and at the end, i've been kicked from the servers and then kicked from the results. Hopefully I can get this fixed before we start looking in to other alternatives :-/

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

GAH double bye weeks are such a momentum killer lol I wanna get my Noles on the field! Blasphemous we're not ranked in the top 25 when there's 4 win teams we've been on the road within the top 20. Giving up less than 18 points per game since I came in and one of the games is to the Nations #2 team.... no love down here in Tallahassee we're gonna have to earn it. Making the battle for the Florida Cup in Gainesville a near must-win game for the Seminoles to get where they need to be this season.

18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]
    (Not actual game footage)​
    The Irish invited Clemson into Notre Dame Stadium and apparently the Tigers were not intimidated by Touchdown Jesus. ND came out of the gates cold and could not get the ball moving on offense, allowing Clemson to score one two early possessions. Luckily the defense was stingy enough to force field goals instead of TDs even after Clemson had first and goal both times. The first quarter ended with the score 3-0 so it looked like this might be a low scoring affair.
    After Clemsons second field goal early in the second quarter The Irish got of the schnide driving 75 yards for the first touchdown of the game. Clemson answered with a touchdown of their own making the score 14-13 ND. ND got the ball back with just a few minutes left in the half and scored with just under a minute to play. The TD came on a huge pass play from JR Gant hitting his wideout in stride on a flag route. Apparently they left too much time on the clock though because Clemson was able to string together a few big plays and kick another field goal as time expired in the first half. Halftime score 21-16 ND. A Defensive battle now looked to be turning into a shootout. Last team with the ball wins?
    The third quarter was more of the same. Each team scored 10 points to keep the game within one score. Notre Dame scored first in the fourth quarter driving the ball down into the redzone before coming up short on third down and taking the easy 3 points. 34-26 Irish. Coach HipHopp felt good making it an 8 point lead. After the ensuing kick-off the defense made the biggest play of the game. Clemson committed their first turnover, a pick 6 to the nickel CB. Clemson would not be able to answer and The Irish would get another insurance touchdown to stretch the lead to 48-26. So much for the defensive slugfest. A close game through 3 quarters turned into a mini blow out with 17 straight points scored by Notre Dame in the 4th quarter.
    QB JR Gant came up huge in the one going 14-20 for over 300 yards and 90+ yards rushing in a game where ever score mattered. Clemson gave The Irish their best shot but couldn't finish.
    I have no idea how Clemson has lost 2 game before this. They are a talented team that sustained a lot of drives on offense and made a lot of big plays on D. They drop to 4-3 and likely out of the top 25 for a while. ND soldiers on toward the epic end of season showdown with Chompions league rival and now conference rival Georgia Tech. The two teams had some tough matchups in a home and home in previous seasons with ND coming out on top. This coming matchup has so much more riding on it with the ACC, and National Titles in the balance. ND has a matchup with long time rival USC and another conference game before the big GT matchup and the team is chomping at the bit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jandy

jandy Walk On

20. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Wolverines Give One Away in East Lansing
    ScreenHunter_689 Jan. 04 15.40.jpg
    In front of a hostile crowd at hated Michigan State, Michigan failed to show up early on and their 2nd Half comeback attempt fell short to drop them back to below .500 with a 24-17 loss. The Spartans jumped out to a 14-0 lead behind TD passes by QB Zach Nealy, and Michigan looked very inept on both sides of the ball until QB Jon Huff hit WR Andre Kaplan with 73-yard TD bomb to cut the lead to 7 heading into Halftime. With momentum on their side, the Wolverines quickly tied it in the 3rd with a 56-yard TD catch by WR Matt Donaldson and the two teams would trade field goals by about the midway point of the 4th. Michigan State benefited from a highly questionable call on 3rd and Long pass play that was ruled a catch even though the receiver did not seemed to land a foot in bounds, and they eventually scored the game-winning TD with 1:45 remaining. QB Huff was able to lead the Michigan offense near the red zone, but 3 straight errant throws ended their chances.
    Next, the Wolverines look to get things back on track when they welcome Minnesota to the Big House.
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 10/25, 252 YDS, 2 TD, 2 INT
    HB Samson Whitworth - 16 RUSH, 34 YDS
    WR Sterling Edwards - 6 REC, 94 YDS
    OLB Micah Walker - 6 TKLS, SCK, FF
    Michigan State
    QB Mike Owens - 14/25, 181 YDS, 2 TD
    HB Bobby White - 34 RUSH, 212 YDS, TD
    WR Zach Nealy - 6 REC, 55 YDS, 2 TD
    CB David Douglas - 3 TKLS, INT

21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

NOOOOO! Don't lose to the Spartans!

22. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

In our battle with them, I had next to no problems... I gameplanned well and executed I blew them out to be honest with you and this is IN Death Valley....and it was a rival game. A game I was very concerned about looking at the schedule argueably my ebst CPU opponent but I had little to no problems with them. Hearing this makes my win seem that much more impressive to me.

23. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think it was more me not executing than them being that great. Once I got my head out of my ass I put them away for good. I was just bad on offense for the first quarter or so. I lost the turnover battle (2 to 1) for the first time all year (I think). I came into the game +12 for the season leading the nation. I had a poorly timed fumble in the first half that set up a score for them. I also had a super linebacker jump out of the stadium for a pass.

I stepped on the gas in the 4th and took em out.

I guess it is kind of like real life where if you let a team stay in the game they can give you fits. Smack em in the mouth early and you can throttle em.

• Like Like x 1
  24. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I dunno where I'd be this year without Chip Mitchell I'm not sure I've ever been able to dominate so much with a true freshman. His ratings aren't out of this world it's his 93 spd 90 accel 85+ route running that make him wide open quite a bit. Freshman Player of the Year candidate.

Speaking of which, the game doesn't have enough awards. I'm contemplating doing a long written article going through all of our conferences, doing Offensive/Defensice Players of the Year and Freshman Players of the Year. And some of the other awards given out the game doesn't recognize.

In a league a few years ago I did an Army Game with the game being played in a few minutes if I don't do anything tonight maybe I'll write something up about everyones big commitments and do a faux story line about whose having big games (Gem prospects shining, Busts not looking great etc.) Sound cool?

• Like Like x 2
  25. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sounds awesome. I think there should be more awards as well and more pomp when you do win an award.