1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 9, 2018

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 Yale Bulldogs (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Yale won 49-0 against Harvard (3-4).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Cornell (2-5).
    In
    recruiting news, the following Yale targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Oliver Harris has committed to Yale

=============== Cornell Big Red (2-5) ===============
    Last week, Cornell lost 27-20 against Georgetown (7-0).
    This week, the Big Red travel to New Haven to face the #1 Yale Bulldogs (7-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Anthony Lee has committed to Cornell

=============== #3 Georgetown Hoyas (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown won 27-20 against Cornell (2-5).
    This week, the Hoyas travel to Washington to face the Howard Bison (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgetown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR James Dukes has committed to Iowa
    - (*****) C Justin Brewer has committed to Auburn
    - (****) CB Oliver Harris has committed to Yale
    - (*****) QB Brian Marcus has committed to Oregon

=============== #5 Dartmouth Big Green (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Dartmouth won 42-17 against Bucknell (2-5).
    This week, the Big Green travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Dartmouth targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Anthony Lee has committed to Cornell
    - (*****) C Justin Brewer has committed to Auburn

=============== Princeton Tigers (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Princeton lost 21-14 against Pennsylvania (5-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host Bowling Green (3-4).

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Delaware lost 31-17 against Howard (5-2).
    This week, the Blue Hens travel to Lewisburg to face the Bucknell Bison (2-5).

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Playing my game once I'm off work today at 4 PM EST.

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well... I started my game against Howard last night... Led 31-0 going into the 4th and of course my Xbox freezes.

So i play it again today and all of a sudden Howard's defense is playing like the Ravens. Luckily their offense sucks and I was able to push through for a 21-7 victory... but hardly the impressive stats that i had in the first game.

4. IrishBearcat

Wow.

Well #5 Dartmouth traveled to Rice in what they expected to be a "layup" victory, but the EA gods had other plans. My team entered the game boasting the #2 defense in the country allowing just above 10 points per game. CPU hurry up offenses can pose a few problems, but my Big Green have handled their business all season against some of the top teams in the country.

The Owls were UNSTOPPABLE offensively. The only stops I made were off of turnovers, but other than three interceptions this team strutted up and down the field and made it look extremely easy. I trailed the entire first half of the game. Owls held a 28-24 advantage at halftime. One of my interceptions came early in the second half after my offense went three and out. I amassed a 38-28 lead heading into the 4th, but the game was far from over.

Within moments Rice ripped the lead from my grasp. Felt like I blinked and was trailing 38-42. With about 3 minutes left I tried to put together a long drive to get a score and leave them little to no time to answer as I could not stop their offense. I threw a pick in the end zone with about 2:00 left and only two timeouts. I was pretty sure it was game over.

I had one shot to get a three and out but it would be my first of the entire game if I succeeded. 1st and 10 led to 2nd and 3, 2nd and 3 led to 3rd and inches, and then miraculously my defense stuffed them in the backfield. I called my last timeout with :41 left in the game. I got the ball at about midfield.

At this point I had subbed in my backup QB since the starter had tossed three picks and my backup has a stronger arm. The offense drove down to about the 30 yard line. On 4th and 1 I threw a crossing route to get a first down to get a new set of downs. My backup overthrew two straight WIDE OPEN touchdown passes. There was :09 seconds left and I subbed in my starter to hopefully save the day.

I snapped the ball, pump faked, and tossed a ball to my WR Elbert who was already having an outstanding game (150ish yards and a TD). He jumped over a defender and reeled in the game winning score with :04 left on the clock. We were bailed out and lucked our way into a 45-42 victory against the mighty Owls.

Ready to get back to user games. We owe TheCrumbIsHere bigtime for stealing the #2 CB in the nation from my recruiting class!

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Dang, would have loved to have seen you lose to Rice, lol.

6. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Seemed like Howard's defense has improved pretty well over what it was when I got there. The offense I could never get to come around, probably didnt help that I was on my 3rd scheme in a little over 3 seasons. Had trouble bringing in quality linemen with everyone else recruiting them too.

7. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

He was a Math Person and appreciated my charm. Plus I told him the obvious.. At these other Ivy League schools you'll just be one of many top recruits mixed in with the rest. At Cornell, you'll be our "star" recruit. :p

8. IrishBearcat

I don't think you are alone on that one. Anytime anyone loses to a CPU like Rice, that's hilarious! Especially when the user team is highly ranked, it's like an embarrassment x2 multiplyer.

Math is my best subject! I am salty, I wanted him badly. You got a STUD!

9. IrishBearcat

DirtycashDylan

We advancing soon? Seems like it's been at least 48 hours.

10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

You're more like a 2* recruit.

I'm heading to bed and don't feel like turning my box on right now. The FNGs haven't played their CPU games yet so we'll give them another 8 hours or so. CoachG72 GrimReeferXXIV

The autopilot has definitely taken over.

11. IrishBearcat

Not happy to here either of these, especially the second part. :(

12. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

I dont have time to get it in before I leave for work this morning and unfortunately I work all day. Just sim my shit.