Week 9: Bears survive Lambeau winning 9-6

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LLCoolGrey, Sep 29, 2013.

1. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Oct 11, 2012
    Green Bay, WI - The Bears arrived at Lambeau field in desperate need of a win after losing 3 of their last 4. Arriving at the crossroads of a season can be difficult - with high expectations for this veteran Bears team to make the playoffs, a win was crucial if they hoped to reach the post season. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, still out with an injury would prove huge as the Packers struggled all day to put the ball in the endzone.

The game would open with the Bears receiving the ball and stringing together a couple first downs. Bears QB Jay Cutler would continue his dreadful season throwing a INT on the first two drives. In fact both teams struggled to find any rhythem on offense in a game that was plagued by huge turnovers 6 in total.

The Packers would take a 6-0 lead before the half off of two FGs. Time and time again the Bears defense would come up big picking off Packers QB Vince Young 3 times, two in the redzone. Chicago would add two fgs to tie the game late after a failed redzone scoring attempt. The Packers with all three of their timeouts would see Vince Young throw a crucial interception - allowing the Bears to run the clock down and kick the game winning FG as time expired moving Chicago to 5-3 on the season.

WR Earl Bennett was hurt on a slant and will miss 2 weeks adding to the slew of injuries this year. The Bears will receive a boost to their WR corps as Devin Hester will be back in action against the Lions. SS Major Wright is also expected back in the next couple of weeks.

The Bears continue their gauntlet of a schedule next week as they host the Detroit Lions (heathh ), what is shaping up to be a division barn burner. Earlier in the year the Bears surrendered a 21 point lead late to lose to the Lions in OT and will without a doubt be looking for payback.

Final Score (LtJustice )

Bears - 9

Packers - 6

Good game CSteud - Can't wait for the return game at the end of the season.
    • Like Like x 3

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Nice recap. Congrats on the big divisional win!
  3. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Jul 22, 2010
    Good game man. I look forward to he rematch in chi-town.

I swear I'm about to get this train back on the tracks. All I gotta do is figure out how pass the ball, run the ball and play defense!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Jul 31, 2012
    Great Game...Love the score