Week#9 Chargers 20 Broncos 10 F

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, Mar 22, 2011.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Something that San Diego fans are not used to hearing, a "defensive" game, nut thats what we had this sunday vs the rival Denver Broncos, Chargers win the toss and give it to the Broncos, the Broncos headed by new coach Juan, take the ball down into FG range and Prater sticks a 48 yard FG to give the Broncos an early 3-0 lead to open the game. "Here we go again" said coach Mitchell, "that was a thing we were getting used to here in San Diego, not being able to stop opposing offenses".... particularly the run-game, but today was a different day. After the Denver FG, the Chargers would answer right back with one of their own, this from 36 yards out tying it 3-3, San Diego would add a 53 yard FG before the half giving the Chargers a 6-3 lead at half.

Coach Mitchell on the reason the defense looks better the last 2 weeks, "The big reason our defense has been playing well has been the return of our !st rounder LOLB Roddell Lewis, instantly our defense has been much better, not only this week vs the Broncos, but they played well enough to win vs the Bengals last week, losing by a TD. Lewis definately took our hearts out when he went down in the first half of week one"

Chargers would recieve in the 2nd half and extend their lead after driving down the field and capping off the drive with a FB Mike Tolbert 4 yard tough run, putting the Chargers up 13-3 in the 3rd, running the ball was tough all day for the Chargers as Mathews ran for a season-low 57 yards, but the Broncos didnt give up, taking the ball and keeping the Charger D off-balance and finishing the drive with a 17 yard TD to always-reliable Hines Ward to bring the Broncos within 7, 13-10.

The Broncos gave it all they could, but just could not convert 3rd downs, getting the 1st down only 2 of 11 attempts for the game, (compared to SD 6-13)......

There was also a controversal play at the end of the game as the Chargers would add a garbage TD with 1:40 left on the clock that rubbed the Broncos coach the wrong way "in my opinion, the decision to get that last TD on us with no need was Busch-league" says Broncos coach Juan. Catching up with Chargers coach Mitchell, we asked about that call, " well, there was a bit of time left on the clock and we decided not to give Broncos ANY chance of pulling off some kind of miracle, believe me, stranger things have happened to us this year and we took no chances, Denver may see it as "Busch-league" as they say, I call it a W, they can have their revenge in week 12 when we meet again, in our house" (not what i really think Juan, i apologized to u last night for that TD, this is just drama i like to add for fun).......20-10 F SD

2. juanchoCT14

juanchoCT14 Walk On

hahaha...good recap man..no hard feelings here...

Coach Juan responded to the lates comments by the chargers by simply saying "payback is a bitch" referring to their week 12 game :)

It def. was a great defensive battle. I probably would've scored that TD if it was me anways so no worries

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

nah, it wasnt right, but i realized it right before i crossed the goal-line