Week 9 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ctvolfan, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Just thought everybody would like to see the polls. Especially with so Many users at the top of it. Sorry about the rest for some reason I could not upload the rest of the polls. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I like the team at the top :thumbsup:

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

How are three 2 loss teams ahead of me?

4. AJ Hart MN

If you take care of business, you'll jump them in a heartbeat but yeah, I kind of thought the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AJ Hart MN

:eek: Look at those Buckeyes.. Hopefully someone can take care of them.

6. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey guys, I apologize in advance for my lack of content over the next week or so. I am going to be swamped with stuff to do.

Keep in mind that we are advancing tomorrow night (Thursday) if at all possible.

If that is not possible, I will be out of town until Sunday, so I may need to transfer the Commish duties over.

7. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Yes please, Big Ten please upset Ohio State. I still have the gauntlet to go through, so I don't expect I make it through unscathed. Between my 3 user games left: @BC, @Miami, and Mizzou I see one loss.

8. AJ Hart MN

I checked and Ohio St plays Miami at the end of the year so it could be all on pagamer to take down the Buckeyes.

9. AJ Hart MN

You could transfer the file to me if needed. Pagamer did the same thing in the Redshirts as he is going out of town until Monday. I believe I could have both files with me as commish this year. I would think we want to keep on somewhat of a normal schedule up until Thanksgiving at the very least.

10. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

OU 51 OSU 21

Both teams came out fast and furious, with OU taking the 1st drive to paydirt on a D. Allen to D. Miller 18 yard TD pass and a 7-0 lead. OSU would respond with their 1st drive ending with a J. Deaton to T. Moore 19 yard TD pass to tie things at 7-7. OU would answer that with a 2nd long drive and D. Allen's 2nd TD pass, this one a 12 yarder to J. McCray and a 14-7 lead. Finally the OU defense would get in the act with G. Lynn getting his ncaa leading 6th int of the season setting up a short J. Calhoun TD run and a 21-7 lead. The wheels for OSU would fall off as they fumbled the ensuing kickoff giving J. Calhoun another short plunge and a 28-7 lead as the 1st qtr ended. The OU defense would continue to clamp down in the 2nd qtr, getting a safety and kept OSU scoreless. D. Allen found K.Stills for his 3rd TD pass with 0:25 seconds left in the half and the route was on 37-7. The 2nd teamers battled in the 2nd half with each team getting a couple TD's for the final score..

11. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Would it be crazy if I won out and the teams ahead of me lost. Considering I probably will not be in the Big 12 title game.

12. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Hey soda I probably will not be able to get my game in until late tonight. I should be done around 11 I would think.

13. SodaAddict

That's fine.

That's cool. So we will advance tonight, then you can advance Saturday, then just transfer it back to me and I can advance Monday and Wednesday to get us in to week 13. Then we will do a 3 day advance to week 14 the following Saturday. Then in to week 15 on Sunday (the 28th), Then Conference Championships Monday (the 29th), Then to bowls on Wednesday (the 1st).

That puts us to the offseason on Friday (the 3rd) and we can start planning our offseason night now for either Friday late, or Saturday, or Sunday.

14. SodaAddict

pagamer07 plays Ohio State I believe.

I tried to make sure all strong non-user teams had a game against at least one user.

15. AJ Hart MN

Whatever will work.. Hopefully the two user games will be played by tonight. Wondering if they have not been played by later tonight, maybe you should hold off on the advance to possibly tomorrow or I could advance tomorrow night.

16. SodaAddict

yeah, that could work, but then we would need to advance on Thanksgiving to keep us on pace for finishing up in time for the first weekend of December.

17. AJ Hart MN

I think I found a great guy to take over LSU Soda.. Sent you a PM. Would be a great fit for the league.

18. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Mizzou finally gets the big time underdog win they have been searching for all season. Once again, it didnt start pretty for the Tigers. KR White, who was caught taking a nap minutes before kickoff, fumbled the opening kick and gave the Huskers a 7-0 lead 5 seconds into the game. The offense was stuck in neutral at first, not being able to get anything going against Nebraska's D. Then, driving into Nebraska territory with minutes before the half, QB Franklin had a brain cramp trying to audible, tried to throw the ball away, and ended up throwing a pick 6 to give Nebraska a 24-3 lead. Coach Mexi knew this team needed a wake up call, and with only 1:13 left, drove down the field and cut the score to 24-10. From there, Franklin took over the game, finding open receiver after open receiver while scoring 21 unanswered points to give Mizzou the first lead at 31-24. Coach Mexi - "We had one of the best drives of the year in which we knocked off 5 minutes in the later stages of the game. The oline did an amazing job blocking for Lawrence." Nebraska had a chance to tie the game late in the 4th, but opted to go for the FG and try the onside, but the onside failed. "The defense did an amazing job shutting down their run game. We held one of the best backs in the country to 21 yards rushing. They were the reason we were able to stay in the game." Mizzou now has a clear shot into getting in the Big 12 championship game.

Mizzou 38 - #18 Nebraska 35

19. AJ Hart MN

Wow, great recap man.. Big time win for Mizzou!!

20. AJ Hart MN

Auburn @ Florida
    Auburn traveled down to Gainesville to face the #1 ranked Gators.​
    The first half would see star freshman QB Lance West finally look like the true freshman that he is. West was picked off 3 times in Auburn territory in the first 9 minutes of the game. Luckily for the Gators, the defense again stepped up and only allowed the Tigers to hit paydirt once. West finally figured out the Auburn blitz and really began to torch it. Mack Brown scored on a nicely executed PA wheel route, the speedy back caught the ball and raced into the endzone untouched for the 62yd score. Late in the half, a trend started happening, the Tigers were blitzing the house, West noticing this started to go deep to their great receivers in one on one coverage. Andre Dubose was the first beneficiary of this as he out ran the Tiger defender for a 48yd catch and run.​
    The second half would see more of the same as Omarius Hines caught a perfectly lobbed deep ball in stride and waltzed in for the 14pt lead. The rout was on at that point. West would add 2 more TD passes to Debose and backup Anthony Davis would add a 2yd run to end the scoring. Final from the Swamp.. Florida 42 - Auburn 7​
    West was again brilliant beside the 3 picks. He threw for 410yds and 5TD's. This passing game is looking more and more unstoppable with each passing week. Again the run game provided some big plays also. The team rushed for 175yds.​
    At 9-0, the Gators are gearing up for a potential heavyweight bout with either Alabama or LSU in the SEC championship game.​
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    02:12TDFloridaMack Brown HB #33 62 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    Second Quarter
    01:39TDAuburnPhillip Lutzenkirchen TE #43 8 yard pass from Clint Moseley QB #15
    00:38TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 48 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    Third Quarter
    05:13TDFloridaOmarius Hines WR #82 72 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    02:17TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 12 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    Forth Quarter
    06:42TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 6 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    01:24TDFloridaAnthony Davis QB #10 2 yard rush

21. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Tuscaloosa was alive and well as the Mississippi State Bulldogs came to town, Bama would strike first for 6 as Heisman Front Runner Trent Richardson punched it in for six, it would be
    all mississippi state in the second as they would take a 12 to 7 lead on a pair of Bumphis TD passes. Bama roars back in the third as Foster would kick a FG from 37 and Bama's favorite
    receiver Michael Bowman would went 81 yards for a TD. Scary moment in the fourth as Trent Richardson was pulled and Lacy the backup was brought in, he would quickly turned fear into
    excitement as he punched through Mississippi States D line and would go 72 YARDS UNTOUCHED for the score. On the ensuing kick, Mississippi States KR was hit by an Alabama Train
    and Lester would scoop the fumble, and run 16 yards for another 6. Bama scored once more and ROLLS through the Bulldogs 41-19

22. mboda

mboda Walk On

Looks like Ohio State lost to Indiana in week 9. I guess we don't have to worry about them anymore.