Week 9 Game of the week *Ala 56 @ VT 35*

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 23, 2010.

?

Who Wins the game of the Week?

1. Alabama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Virginia Tech

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Week 9 Game of the week *Ala 56 @ VT 35*

Week 9 Game of the Week

Alabama (4-4) Blaza AT #7 Virginia Tech (6-1) HoosierJoe

This matchup features the last game of the ACC vs SEC matchup challenge for the season.

[​IMG]
    Alabama at a disappointing 4-4 has fallen from the top 25 after starting the season ranked #1 in the polls. The team has gone through coaching controversy throughout the season and now hopes to get things back on track with their new Head Coach Blaza. Coach Blaza has earned his opportunity by leading the USF to a respectable 9-4 record and a finish in the top 25. He’s done battle with powerhouse teams at teams with less talented teams, now is his chance to Coach some of the best talent in the Nation. Alabama will look to Mark Ingram to continue the Crimson Tide grown domination

Alabama Leaders

Passing
    G. McElroy 101 ATT 47 COMP 757 Yards 8 TD 8 INT

Rusing
    M. Ingram 186 ATT 972 Yards AVG 5.2 5 TD 121.5 YPG

Receiving
    J. Jones 28 REC 416 Yards 14.9 AVG 6 TD 52 YPG

Tackles- M. Barron 27
    Interceptions B. Scott 3
    Sacks J. Chapman 5

[​IMG]
    Virginia Tech comes into this game 6-1 and ranked #7 in the polls. This game is the first of many big games down the stretch as they still have both ACC and National title hopes. If Virginia Tech can win their remaining games and beat FSU in the ACC title game they will almost certainly be playing for a national championship. At QB the senior Tyrod Taylor is having a respectable, but its VT rushing game with Williams and Evans that has lead them to a top 10 ranking. Besides their rushing offense, VT is also coming into the game with the 11th ranked rush defense.

Virginia Tech Leaders

Passing
    T. Taylor 147 ATT 78 COMP 1260 Yards 9 TD 5 INT

Rushing
    R. Williams 112 ATT 942 Yards 8.4 AVG 12 TD 134.6 YPG

Receiving
    D. Roberts 14 REC 417 Yards 29.8 AVG 2 TD 69.5 YPG

Tackles - B. Rivers 31
    Interceptions - R. Carmichael 1
    Sacks – S. Friday 8

Both members of the GameDay Crew picked VT to win… What say you??

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm excited for this game. Somehow we have to find out to stop Tech's two-headed monster at tailback. One caveat for me is that 'Bama has as good of personell as any to get that job done. In my first game as HC I'll be looking to re-ignite this offense and get this ship turned around.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Blaza lied on his resume. He is not qualified for such a prestigious position. He should be coaching at Chattahoochee Valley Community College.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Wow really?? So were talking Lane Kiffen at USC or even worst?

5. Blaza

Get outta here hater! :D

6. Blaza

Final:

Alabama (5-4) - 56
    #7 Virginia Tech (6-2)- 35

Coach Blaza's first test as Head Coach was passed as the Alabama pulled away from the #7 Ranked Virginia Tech Hokies in the second half. The Virginia Tech offense proved formidable in the 1st half stretching out long solid drives in their first two possessions, but the 'Bama offense was more potent striking quickly and often.

Coach Blaza and Alabama had to make due without their Senior Starting Quarterback, Greg McElroy who didt suit up due to injury. Redshirt Frosh AJ McCarron performed well connecting on 9-14 for 187 yards and two scores. Mark Ingram was the difference in the game rushing for 217 yards on just 17 carries. Ingram did his work between the tackles breaking 8 in all for a whopping 125 yards after contact. Although the Tide do not have much to play for as far as hardware, they look to keep the momentum rolling for a bounceback season in 2011.

First Quarter
    01:46 TD Alabama Mark Ingram HB #22 11 yard rush

Second Quarter
    06:20 TD Virginia Tech Ryan Williams HB #34 9 yard rush
    06:02 TD Alabama Mark Ingram HB #22 68 yard rush
    02:34 TD Virginia Tech Kenny Younger FB #31 1 yard rush
    00:42 TD Alabama Darius Hanks WR #15 28 yard pass from AJ McCarron QB #10
    00:34 TD Alabama Donta Hightower MLB #30 19 yard fumble

Third Quarter
    06:12 TD Virginia Tech Steven Friday LE #82 16 yard interception
    04:42 TD Alabama Marquis Maze WR #4 20 yard pass from AJ McCarron QB #10
    00:38 TD Virginia Tech Ryan Williams HB #34 2 yard rush

Fourth Quarter
    05:33 TD Alabama Mark Ingram HB #22 3 yard rush
    04:22 TD Alabama Mark Ingram HB #22 17 yard rush
    01:34 TD Alabama Trent Richardson HB #3 4 yard rush
    00:33 TD Virginia Tech Dyrell Roberts WR #11 27 yard pass from Tyrod Taylor QB #5

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Wow... that game was much closer than the score shows.... Looks like Alabama's Running game went off in the 4th quarter. Seems that fumble-TD before the half could've started a momentum swing, but VT can right back in the 3rd with a defensive TD of their own.

So far our first two games of the week has lived up to the hype.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I picked Bama!

9. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

The weather played a big factor in that game on multiple occasions. On my first drive I was deep in Bama territory and had completed to my TE near the 10, but a big hit jarred it loose. I don't know if the game physics factor weather into this or not, but Ingram would just not go down. The final stats said he had 8 broken tackles, but it felt more like 15. He was easily over 100 yards after the first hit.

I will say this, though... Blaza is no joke. Good game, bro.