Week 9 Game of the Week Big 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Week 9 Game of the Week Big 12

#3 Oklahoma St. vs. #9 Texas

[​IMG]

Stillwater Showdown

Former #1 Texas slipped up against Missouri last week. Now McCoy and the Longhorns have to battle to get out of the hole. Oklahoma St. continues to dominate opponents with that potent offense. Led by Heisman Trophy candidate Dez Bryant. Oklahoma State has the advantage of hosting this game. The Big XII South's balance will tilt in someone's favor. The Cowboys have felt disrespected this whole season. This is there chance to silence the critics and open some eyes. The Longhorns are on life support this is a big chance to regain their swagger.

Key Players
    Oklahoma st.
    Dez Bryant 49 rec 861 yards 10 TD's
    Zac Robinson 122 of 170 1836 17 TD 1 Int
    Kendall Hunter 960 yards 7 TD's
    Perrish Cox CB 2 Int's

Texas
    Colt McCoy 110 of 173 1831 18TD's 3 Int
    Vondrell McGee 709 yards 4 Td's
    Jordan Shipley 27 rec 587 yards 7 Td's
    Eddie Jones 39 tackles 19 TFL 9 sacks

2. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Free after 5:30 est up until 6:30 then again after 10:30 est

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

that's for the whole week?
    i get off work at 4:30 central... and go to sleep before 9:30 central

4. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

That was just for today, but I do get off work at 5 est M-F and generally hit the gym by 7-7:30. Post what time you are free and I'll work something out

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

This should be a good one!

6. controllerabuser

Yeah lets try to get it in today then.. 5:00 central

7. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Works for me, see you then.

Good preview Sdid and yeah I'm sure it will be a good game

8. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Im taking th Cowboys in a Shootout. 45-41

9. controllerabuser

Even though i am ranked higher i want my team to feel like we're the underdog. No looking ahead or taking anybody lightly. Have to take care of things ourselves. Good Luck Skip(Texas). Meet ya at 5

10. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Texas Wins On Game-Winning Field Goal

In what was another great college football game, Texas nails a 48-yd FG in the final seconds getting the victory.
    This was one of those games you just had to see, Texas coming into the game after a heartbreaking loss to a good Mizzou team and the Cowboys coming in ranked #3 playing great ball.

Rain was in the forecast yet again and it never let up. Texas would receive first and waste no time driving down field in the redzone. Colt called a playaction and the defense was sitting all over it, interception by the Okie State DB A. Sexton to the house 7-0. Texas feeling they lost a huge opportunity took it down field once again, but this time scoring on 27-yd TD pass to Malcolm Williams 7-7. The Cowboys would have a nice drive down field but settle for a field goal early in the 2nd quarter.

Colt would have an answer hooking up with Jordan Shipley on a 40-yd pass 14-10. Not to be outdown Robinson leads his team down field and hits Dez "You Can't Touch Me" Bryant on a beautiful TD lob pass. The Cowboys would get another pick and settle into field goal range and take a 20-14 lead into the half

Okie State would receive ball after the half and put together a long drive, but settled for another field goal 23-14. Longhorns wasted no time putting up an answer with a 46-yd Shipley TD to end the 3rd.
    The Cowboys next possession would result in a fumble by the FB, SS Gideon would scoop it up and nearly score before being ran down by QB Zach Robinson. The next play McGee would take it in stealing the lead late in the 4th quarter. The Cowboys put together a solid drive getting into the redzone quicker than expected. It was obvious they wanted to burn the clock, so Texas was forced to use two of their TO's. The very next play Kendell Hunter broke loose for a 7-yd TD but left 58 seconds on the clock.

Texas receives and gets a solid kick return to the 30-yd line. A few plays later Colt took the team down field without using the last timeout and left the kicker with a 48-yd FG from the right hash. Okie State tries to ice the kicker, but he took his time and put it through the uprights for the win.

Another great game like predicted against a conference foe. This was a tough road trip against very tough opponents. We knew it would be and we're happy to come out winning 2 out of 3. Now we need to finish the season strong and not let up.

Great game CA, I knew it would be a good one. Good luck rest of the way.

11. controllerabuser

Good game man. After reading the game summary the reason you won is because you played lights out defense in the redzone forcing field goals. Good win, good bounce back and i am sure of it that you will win the BIG 12!!

12. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Well that and like you said you scored too early, I could tell you didnt want to run that ball in with 58 seconds left

13. controllerabuser

i know man.. that was the biggest mistake i made.. but thats the only way we learn!

14. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

It's crazy because you slowed down and still no one from my team came up to tackle you. Then I looked at the clock and was glad because that would have been my last TO and you would been on the 1-yd line.

Wasn't a mistake really, your defense was playing solid and I actually thought I wouldn't get into field goal range or would run out of time.

Its tough in the Big 12, we're all beating up on one another and Mizzou doesn't even have a stacked team yet, so they will be even more dangerous.

15. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Wow! Just, wow! Too bad we don't have a video! So what, now? OU vs OSU Bedlam at the end of the season determines the South?

16. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Yeah man these last 3 games have been some of the toughest I've played.
    Tough call it is alot of season left though.

I think your getting Murphy after this week lol damn

17. controllerabuser

Yeah man, you know what though. It feels really great playing with a bunch of sim gamers. Really, it feels like reality last year when they had the BIG 12 race just like this except add TT and take OSU out. I wouldn't have it any other way! I'd rather lose to a guy who is sim and knows how to play then play a cheeser or beat the cpu for these wins. Good luck to everybody on the rest of the way!

18. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

You guys are stuck behind the sooners! You'll have to root for me next week to pull off the huge upset (~10% chance, IMO) so you don't get snubbed by the BCS again :p

19. controllerabuser

Hey, anything can happen in the world of college football... That would be a huge F&*&***! win for Nebraska's program bro.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Man I get home and settled in from football practice to a hot thread. Good game guys. It's really cool to finally play this game with some legit guys.

21. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Definitely honestly this dynasty was going to be my last attempt to keep this game or I was going to trade it in when Madden came out. Got tired of playing suspect guys (FSU and I both came from a dynasty with some.) Now I'm keeping the game primarily because of this dynasty. When I start having losing seasons though I'm quittin' lol...j/k

22. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

just picked up madden today, started by bucs offline franchise, but had forgot to make draft classes...ugh, spent all day today making 5 draft classes.

23. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Yeah I hate that lol, I'll get 1 or 2, then I stop. So later I have to sim 3 or 4 seasons to get more.

24. controllerabuser

did you get it from a small store? when does it actually come out?

25. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

im not sure, the same store that got me ncaa10 like 6 days early called me today and told me they had it, its in tallahassee and i love them so lol.

its a small store so they do not have a contract to control the release date.