Week 9 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post them here

2. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU rolls over NC State 34-0​

The defense took center stage in the Seminole's 34-0 victory over the Wolfpack. FSU got on the board midway through the 1st quarter when quarter when EJ Manuel threw a short pass to FB Lonnie Pryor for a 7 yard touchdown reception. Following the first of 3 interceptions and a 35 yard run by Chris Thompson Manuel had his 2nd touchdown pass of the day as Manuel found TE Beau Reliford on a playaction pass who broke a tackle and ran it in for a 29 yard scoring play. Manuel capped off an excellent half when he scampered in from 9 yards for his third rushing touchdown of the season. Dustin Hopkins added a field goal as time expired in the half to make the score 24-0.​

The only scoring of the 3rd quarter was another Dustin Hopkins field goal. The 4th saw the 2nd string offense come in to give the starters the day off and backup QB Clint Trickett threw a beautiful deep ball to WR Greg Dent for a 57 yard touchdown.​

The FSU defense stifled QB Mike Glennon and the NC State offense who threw 3 interceptions and had only 155 yards passing for the game. RB Brandon Barnes had a decent day gaining 85 yards on 19 carries but it was not near enough to help the Wolfpack today.​

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Texas 28
    Kansas 7

The reported score will be something like 44-16, Me and kapono got thru 3 quarters and my passing attack seemed to be too much for the kansas defense, add that to the talent differential and it wasnt a good day for him, but we got disconnected mid-late in the 3rd and I didnt feel like replaying it so i super simmed it. Case McCoy is now the official starter for the Longhorns taking over for ineffective Garrett Gilbert.

Oh and I also found a bug/loophole. I've played Case McCoy for 3 games but he still has his redshirt status, I think its because I havent subbed him in on the depth chart in the OD menu, I always forget and do it IG. Gonna do it in the menu now though.

4. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Clemson Looks Great in 1st Half, Holds on to Beat Jackets

In the 1st half, it looked like Clemson had finally figure their offense out as they rolled down the field several times. Their first TD came on a great option play when Tahj Boyd ran right and pitched to Roderick Mcdowell who ran untouched 39 yds for a TD. ON the next possession, Clemson moved the ball well again and on 2nd and goal, GTech made a mistake, blitzing 9 guys and leaving Deandre Hopkins wide open in the end zone. Clemson appeared to be rolling as their D was also playing great, but on the ensuing kickoff, Embry Peebles broke free and ran it back from 101 yds out. However, another good, quick drive led to a 5 yd pass from Boyd to frosh star Sammy Watkins. Unfortunately, GTech had another big play in them, this time an 83 yd run through several broken tackles by Orwin Smith. Clemson drove down before the half and settled for a FG to give them a 24-14 halftime lead.
    The second half was a different story...Clemson put together a couple decent drives, but their last score came on a 36 yd FG halfway through the 3rd. With 3 minutes left in the 4th, GTech was driving and had 1st and goal inside the 5. However, Clemson bore down and held them 4 times, including an amazing 4th down play where GTech appeared to seal the edge on a toss play, but star LB Corico Hawkins blew up the lineman and forced the RB to slow down and change direction and letting several Clemson guys get there in time. With 1st down at the 1, Clemson had to be careful and get out of the shadow of their end zone, which they did with a 12 yd run up the middle by Roderick Mcdowell, who filled in beautifully for injured star Andre Ellington. However, for whatever stupid reason, Clemson ran an option play and Boyd threw the pitch to no one in particular...it was recovered by GTech and of course they converted it for a TD. That was it, though, as Clemson recovered the onside kick and ran out the clock.

Other than the stupid pitch, Clemson finally played an efficient, error-free game on offense and while they dropped several picks, played very well overall on D.

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

K State wins K State wins oooooohh baby

In a game where the K state defense played lights out, KSU offense did not show up. Bryce brown was bottled up only rushing for 79 yards total. Back up Hubert was bottled up rushing for 14 yards. 34 carries for 93 yards that is under 3 ypc Ewwwww. The lone bright spot for KSU has been the emergence of Travis Tannahill as a big time receiver and blocker. Tannahill added to his multi catch game streak of 7 and had 104 yards.

The defense played stout all night. Up 10-3 they gave up the equalizer though a long td catch where Jandy made some sweet moves. KSU offense would then poop down their leg and be forced to punt. The ensuing drive by OU would be brief a 1st down INT by KSU corner Malcone would put KSU in position for the win. KSU would add 2 runs for 5 yards and a killer catch for 16 yards to set up the kick................................................................. 4 sec on the clock OU would use its 2nd TO to freeze the kicker............. KSu counters by using its TO to unfreeze (which doesnt work) then OU again calls its last TO to freeze him. In the end it was hard to kick iced but the KSU kicker would putit through the uprights to keep the dream alive for KSU

6. Bulldog

#3[​IMG][​IMG]#1​

Dawgs are no longer undefeated!
    georgia-florida.jpg
    After a hard fought game the Bulldogs ended up losing to Florida in the annual world's largest outdoor cocktail party. Aaron Murray had a rough night throwing 2 interceptions one of those being returned for a touchdown. Isaiah Crowell left the game in the 2nd quarter with an injury and won't be back until the Auburn game. Next week the Dawgs play New Mexico State at home and hope to get a comfortable victory.
    rmg wk9yr1 sb.PNG rmg wk9yr1 ts.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I beat ISU 66-21 and got transfer failed. Fuck

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Bulldog did you notice the 1st downs and the TOP? That is quite the difference. GG though, you scored more on me than the rest of my other games combined. Now go out there and beat AUB.

9. Bulldog

Yeah like i said last night. That was my first user game in over a month i believe so maybe next season i'll give you more of a fight. lol