Week 9 Game summaries, S7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Oshiomogho, May 15, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]
    thought I had made a huge comeback to win! stripped him at the 1! but i got lucky and scored too damn quick! then my defense played loose. i thought i had one or two shots to end his drive early but he made plays and got in the endzone with 6 seconds to go

actually a fun game to play in even tho Andrews couldnt stay in the game. Fox is a capable backup but ill use andrews not staying in it an excuse. he was mentally out of it from the start but picked it up late. just fell short.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Epic game man. I could not believe that strip at the 1! I was fuming! It seemed like Andrews got hurt on every other play, but he kept coming back. Who was that I injured that is out for the season? You got me good by hurting Franklin for 9 weeks, he is my speedy slot receiver. The rivalry continues....

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Wyoming 24 Colorado State 21

Wyoming traveled to Colorado to take on the Rams of Colorado State for the annual Border War. Both teams started out stopping each other on offense. Both teams were held to zero at the end of the first quarter. In the second quarter Colorado State struck first on a 7 yard run. The second quarter was coming close to an end then Smith hit Cameron on a in for a 23 yard Touchdown pass. This tied the game. Wyoming held Colorado State on their drive and they were forced to punt. Wyoming drove down the field but a sack ruined the drive and they settled for a field goal. Which put them up 10-7. Colorado State's Pittman found the endzone on a 7 yard qb keeper to put his team up 14-10. Wyoming drove down the field on but Charles Moss found the endzone for a 16 yard run and put Wyoming up 17-14. Colorado State's Pittman dialed one up to Lambdin for a 23 yard td pass to put CSU up 21-17. Then Wyoming did the miraculous, they drove down the field with perfection and Smith hit Clemens on a quick pass to take the lead and win the game with 4 seconds left. GG @IrishBearcat

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Nice upset man.....

6. fuzzyl0gic

Great win man.

7. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]

The contests between Coach Fuzzy and Coach Oshio are always close, hard fought battles. Today was no different. In the first quarter, both offenses got rolling and traded points. Going into the second, it was 10-7 San Diego State. BYU found some stride in the second, putting together 3 nice drives that resulted in 17 more points. They pulled away 24-10 going into the half. BYU began the third quarter with another nice drive that ended in a FG. 27-10 BYU, but from this point forward, the Aztecs were determined to narrow the lead, and they did. Andrews threw an INT an a post route that was jumped by the safety, and Mitchell had two huge fumbles. These follies helped SDSU go on a 21-0 run, and they gained the lead 31-28 late in the 4th quarter with 1:36 left on the clock. Andrews composed himself, and led his team down the field like there was no pressure. BYU got within the redzone with not much time remaining on the clock, and managed to grind out the clock and score a TD on a pitch to the left to Vincent Mitchell. 34-31 BYU, with just 6 seconds remianing. The Aztecs took two shots down the field, but simply did not have enough time. This is a huge win for BYU, improving to 6-2 on the season. The Cougars will host North Carolina in week 10.​

Stats:​
    C. Andrews 17/21 253 yds 1 TD, 1 INT​

V. Mitchell 27 atts 154 yds 2 TDs​
    M. Craft 5 atts 34 yds​

D. Smith 3 recs 63 yds​
    A. Crawford 4 recs 55 yds 1 TD​
    M. Franklin 3 recs 46 yds​
    C. Williams 3 recs 46 yds​
    C. Robinson 2 recs 28 yds​

T. McDougal 1 tackle, 1 sack​
    C. Ball 4 tackles, 1 INT​

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 9

UNLV 22 - Air Force 38

Give UNLV a lot of credit. It what has become a fierce battle (not to mention my/our connection issues). Air Force came out of the gate with the first strike/1st play on offense for Air Force for a 53 yard TD pass. Air Force took control for the first three quarters before things got really interesting. Early in the 4th Air Force was up 24-0. UNLV kept fighting and connected on a long TD pass in which the WR broke a tackle and made guys miss. UNLV would score again and both times they scored they converted the 2pt cnv. with the score 24-16 Air Force was starting get nervous with just over 5 minutes to play. However on the ensuing kickoff Air Force returned the KO 90 yards by FS House (also had an INT late in the 4th). This would seal the deal for Air Force and both teams would trade TDs.

Coach Noffke came in airing it out which prevented UNLV from crashing the line. Coach Noffke and Air Force knew they could not fall 3 in a row to UNLV or else they would hear about it especially from UNLV's head coach during the offseason.

9. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Eh you both suck. :)

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

:) you know i love giving you shit noff. But yeah hell of a game. Next year, i'll have better "talent".

11. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Irish, once you start winning some conference titles come talk to me. :D

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

UNLV's Win Streak vs Air Force Ends

UNLV traveled to Colorado in hopes of winning and being in position for a potential MWC crown. But the Falcons had aspirations of their own. "We were blown away. Their talent at receiver showed against our young corners and it is sad we couldn't compete." Says Coach Beardown. UNLV tried to put up a comeback but special teams let the Rebels down again. "I don't know what we have to do during practice to emphasis special teams during the week. We practice like crazy and are doing out best to make it priority but the kids just are young a naive." UNLV has a Notre Dame next week.