Week 9 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 9 Game Summaries

Good Luck

2. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

LA Tech vs. Boise St.

Boise

La Tech went to Boise State as overwhelming underdogs and seen as a team that would be blown out.

They left with a loss but, they now have respect from the WAC's premier team. "They are a program n the rise, and they could be a problem the next couple of years, no doubt". coach Chris Petersen.

If the Bulldogs would have taken care of the ball better, they would have won. The Bulldogs had 6 turnovers and that ultimately spelled their doom.

"Well, we had nothing to lose and I'm proud of our guys." Darren Douglas said after the game.

3. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

FIU (31) @ FAU (14)

The Golden Panthers went into Ft. Lauderdale, and won the intrastate rivalary game against the FAU Owls. We caught up with Coach Stewart after the game.

"Well I'll give a lot of credit to the Owls' defense they game out with a game plan to stop our running game, and for the most part they were able to do that, I think if you look at the stats, this was the least amount of rushing yards we had all year, and I was pleased that Younger stepped up as well as some of our receivers and we were able to pass the ball. I also thought both teams did a good job of limiting turnovers, and playing smart, there weren't a lot of penalties, and that shows these were both two good teams. I'm glad we came away with another conference win, and we look forward to our next game."

FIU/FAU
    Score 31/14
    First Downs 16/8
    Total Offense 347/278
    Rushes (attempts-yards-td) 32-103-2/16-(-5)-0
    Passing (comp-attempts-td) 17-31-2/14-32-2
    Passing Yards 244/283
    3rd Down% 38%/25%
    4th Down 100%/66%
    Turnovers 1/0
    INT 1/0
    TOP 22:58/10:52

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

(La Tech) Tough loss but u were playing the #2 team in the nation so nothing to be down about.
    (FIU) Great win over FAU. Looks like were heading toward a conference showdown ASU vs FIU for the SUN BELT CROWN

5. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Yeah I'm looking forward to the matchup, it should be a great game.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Nice game La Tech! That gives me a little more confidence going into my game with Boise State in a few weeks.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

No Nightmare in Nevada​

On the brink of being in the Top 25 and with a Heisman Candidate in Via Taua, Nevada came into their showdown against struggling Utah State dreaming of a Conference Championship. For one quarter, it was an absolute nightmare.

From their first possession, Utah State sent Nevada a message that they were going to play a ball-control offense, as the Aggies chewed up the clock on every play throughout the game to try and slow down Nevada. For a while, it worked. Diodre Borel hit Mikhail Morgan for a 10 yard touchdown in the opening drive. Looking to answer, Nevada was stunned as Kaepernick was hit on a throw, resulting in RE Levi Koskan taking it all the way to the house the other way.

On their second drive of the game, Nevada got hit with a holding penalty followed by a near-safety, resulting in a quick three-and-out. The home crowd was dead silent, as they could not believe what was going on in front of their eyes. Fortunately, the Aggies blew a chance to go up three scores by missing a field goal attempt. With the running game throttled, Kaepernick took it to the air. Nevada started attacking the Aggies vertically, moving the ball down field with ease. Taua finally punched in a TD from a yard out. Moments later, Kaepernick once again lead Nevada down the field to tie the game right before halftime.

With so much on the line, Nevada came out of the second half a different team. On their first play of the game, Heisman Candidate Via Taua took a quick throw by Kaepernick and rumbled 77 yards for a TD. Unable to find their groove, the Aggies were forced to quick 3-and-outs. The turning point of the game was when Dontay Moch picked up a fumble by the Aggies QB and took it to the house for another score. Up 28-14, the Wolf Pack added another insurance TD in the 4th quarter on a QB keep by backup Tyler Lantrip.

After the game, the coach had nothing but positive things to say. "The Aggies came out and smacked us in the mouth. Heck, they dropped the sledgehammer on us!" said Coach Nguyen. "However, to come back and score 35 straight points says a lot about our guys. There is something special brewing here. You better believe it."

Koskan with the Pick-6
    [YOUTUBE]xXgWjy6n4hk[/YOUTUBE]

Borel Delivers the Strike
    [YOUTUBE]0-KX8sZ8R8c[/YOUTUBE]

Dontay Moch Scores on the Fumble
    [YOUTUBE]_SksUxdWGOg[/YOUTUBE]

Kaepernick with the TD Throw
    [YOUTUBE]34GGQ9up2Io[/YOUTUBE]

8. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Final Score:
    UTEP 27 - Marshall 14

It was a slow start for the Miner's on both sides of the ball. A well executed Marshall passing game gave the UTEP defense the fits through most of the game. After scoring twice in the first quarter the Herd looked like they would cruise to an easy C-USA win, Buckram would have none of it. After some early turnovers the Miner's dug themselves a deep, deep hole to start the 2nd quarter. After finally finding a fix to stop the passing attack of Marshall UTEP went on to score two rushing TDs product of solid drives both caped off by Buckram scoring. The Miners then ran a well rehearsed two minute drill to set up a field goal in the final mintues of the 2nd quarter. After that they never turned back. They held Marshall scoreless in the 2nd half and scored 10 more points of their own. UTEP seems to be firing on all cylinders just in time to face conference powerhouse and nationally ranked SMU next game. It will be a game that UTEP plans to play spoiler for SMU's conference title hopes.

Offensive Player of the Game:
    -Donald Buckram: 21 carries- 101 yards- 2TDs

Defensive Player of the Game:

-J. Springer: 8 total tackles- 3TFL- Sack

9. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

UL-Lafayette 28
    Ohio Bobcats 31 F

The Bobcats were given all they could handle by the 0-7 Ragin' Cajuns this Saturday as they trailed for much of the game but managed to snatch the lead away with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The offense was troubled by a hard nosed defense all day. The weather played a factor in the Saturday's game as well as both teams put the rock on the turf multiple times. Ohio Bobcats' QB Boo Jackson was knocked out of the contest with a separated shoulder early in the 2nd qtr. but is expected to play in next weeks contest. The news on Bobcats Senior Tailback Joey Inks is not as promising as he will be sidelined for possibly the rest of the regular season with a severe high ankle sprain. The Bobcats' defense was lead by another stellar performance by LE Dak Notestine who dominated the line of scrimmage all game long. Ohio Bobcats Sophomore QB Tyler Tettleton stepped up in the game after Boo Jackson was knocked out and showed great poise as he led the Bobcats down the field and threw a late TD to put the Bobcats up by a FG with just 2 mins on the clock. On the ensuing kickoff the Ragin' Cajuns returner fumbled the ball which led to an 11 yd TD run by HB Donte Harden to presumably put the game out of reach late giving the Bobcats a 10 point lead with just a minute and a half left. The Ragin' Cajuns, led by QB Chris Masson, led an impressive drive down the field with no timeouts to punch in a late score to pull within a FG with 0:37 left in the game. The game came down to the ensuing onside kick but the Bobcats' WR Riley Dulop went up and took the ball out of midair to seal the possession and Tyler Tettleton took a knee to preserve to hard fought victory.

Offensive Standouts

Ohio Bobcats

QB Tyler Tettleton
    13/22 163yds 2TD

HB Donte Harden
    7 carries 58yds 1TD

WR Steven Goulet
    6rec 97yds 2TD

WR Lavon Brazill
    5rec 68yds 1TD

UL-Lafayette Ragin" Cajuns

QB Chris Masson
    12/22 219yds 2TD

HB Yobes Walker
    15 carries 70yds

WR Javonne Lawson
    5rec 92yds 1TD

Defensive Standouts

Ohio Bobcats

LE Dak Notestine
    10Tkls 4.0 Sacks (Ties NCAA single-season record for sacks with 24.0)

SS Donovan Fletcher
    7Tkls 1.0 Sack

UL-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

T. Richardson
    5Tkls 2.0 Sacks

T. Gaddies
    5Tkls 2.0 Sacks 1INT (TD)

Our reporters caught up with Ohio Bobcats Head Coach Garrison following the game for his take on this non-conference battle:

"Wow!....That's all I can say Wow!...This game was a battle from the opening whistle to the final one....We got all we could handle from a team that came here to play! Sometimes that W-L record in the standings doesn't show a little something called heart and these guys from Louisiana showed that today and my hats are off to them and I don't think any of them shoudl walk off this field with their heads dragging. Their defense dictated the play early and we didn't have an answer for them in the 1st half but we hung in there and scratched out a win today. I'm extrememly proud of my guys for not showing an ounce of quit in this game when we had some or all of the chips stacked against us. We could have layed down when Boo and Joey got knocked out of the game early but some guys came in and proved they were ready to play. Tyler was nervous when he first got in the game and that was pretty obvious I pulled him aside and just let him understand that he didn't have to make every play just get the ball to his playmakers and let them take some of the pressure off of him. He showed some great leadership in the go ahead drive late in the 4th and impressed the heck out of me and our coaches! I don't think we overlooked this team one bit all week in practice but we were surprised by that defense that came in here and how they were all around the ball. We are damn lucky to walk out of here with the W today and we'll have to lick our wounds from this one and get ready for next weeks game!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

That guy is a BEAST! Looks like the Ragin' Cajuns (gotta be one of the best team names of any sport) almost got their first win. Way to pull it out

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

FIU - Nice win! The team is rolling along pretty well right now.

Ohio - Whooo, that was a close one and could have been a devastating loss. Hopefully Boo Jackson returns soon(y)

LA Tech - Holy moly! That would have been a huge upset...I would have loved to see Boise State go down in the standings :(

UTEP - Good job weathering the storm in the first quarter!

Also, good game bdub...I am not going to lie, I was all out of sorts after you went up 14-0, with a million thoughts running through my head such as "my AD is going to fire me if the Nevada faithfuls don't kill me first". With some recruiting, you guys are going to be alright man, don't lose the faith.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thanks man I don't know what is up with my team...We always start great and then fade from there.

13. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Bdub, going up 14-0 on a team with a quarterback like Kaepernick is no joke..

I have a feeling your record doesn't reflect much about your team.. Just a bad year is my guess.. I have a feeling you're going to start ripping people apart once recruiting comes in full effect.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thanks, my next to games are against San Jose St and Idaho so hopefully I can pick up some easy wins.

15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im sure its first year jitters. Utah State has improved all season and will have a bright season 2

16. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Yeah hang in there man. I am lucky enough to have a team with two ridiculous superstars on offense...too bad they are both graduating! Now that I think about it, I probably should have chosen San Jose State and their 1 star program...would be more satisfying to take them to the top. But on the other hand, I am in deep trouble as it is with my top two seniors leaving next year(n)

17. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

San Diego State Aztecs (8-0) 13 vs. Wyoming Cowboys (5-4) 10

[​IMG]
    (Walter Kazee's 40 yards TD run)

[​IMG]
    (INT by Larry Parker)

It was a defensive battle today in Laramie, Wyoming where the San Diego State Aztecs escaped with a narrow victory against conference foe Wyoming. Wyoming held San Diego State to only 75 yards passing, while San Diego State held Wyoming to only 10 yards on the ground.

It was a 6-3 game at halftime with San Diego State leading. Late in the third quarter, Wyoming had 4th and goal at the 1 yard line as quarterback Austyn Carta Samuels ran the ball in to give the Cowboys a 10-6 lead. It wasn't looking pretty for the Aztecs until sophomore standout running back Walter Kazee broke a tackle at the line of scrimmage and rushed in for a 40 yard touchdown. Kazee has 10 scores on the season since filling in for Brandon Sullivan who went down with an injury during week 3 of the season. The Aztecs held the Cowboys late in the 4th quarter on a 4th and 5 in their own territory and finished off the game with a victory.

"We were really challenged today, both physically and emotionally," said Coach E, "I tip my hat to Wyoming and their coaching staff for the great game, but ultimately I am excited for our perfect 8-0 start, lets make it 9-0 next week!"

The Aztecs were lead by sophomore running back Walter Kazee who rushed for 123 yards on 20 attempts and 1 TD. San Diego State also forced 3 turnovers which were crucial in securing the win.

Look as the Aztecs take on Colorado State at home next week in their attempt to go 9-0 and continue their undefeated season.

18. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Wow looks like we missed out on a great game. Congrats to both coaches on a well coached game.

19. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

That looked like an epic game! Congrats to both users

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Hey guys, I played my game against Eastern Michigan. I was rushed this morning, so I will give you the ticker, then you will get the full write up tonight.

Toledo won behind spectacular defensive play, which included two pick 6s. More to come on the big win in Ysplanti later.

21. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Congrats on your first win in our dynasty! :D

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Thanks, It was quite the game. I am not used to having a team like Toledo, but it was fun! Check out the highlights I put up on dynasty wire, I have a pretty good receiver, I think he is ranked a 90 or something, but he took a curl route to the house thanks to some good speed and a nice broken tackle. I gotta find ways to get him the ball though, because my O line and QB are shady!