Week 9: Giants(31) v Titans(24)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dean, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean Walk On

Week 9: Giants(31) v Titans(24)

The New York Football Giants get a huge win over Tennessee Titans 31-24. Jonathan Stewart and Co. had a big day carrying the ball 36 times for 187 yards 3 TD. Being able to run the ball help Eli find open receivers all day.

Scoring got started with a Lawrence Tynes FG. 2 plays later Matt Cassel hit Nate Washington for a 73 yard TD pass. Madison Hedgecock and Jonathan Stewart found the endzone in the 2nd quarter. Right before half Cassel finds Kenny Britt to cut the lead to 17-14 Giants.

Rookie RB D. Chubb put the Giants up 10 with his TD run. After a great kick return, Cassel again finds Justin Gage from 17 yards out. Not to be outdone, Eli connects with D. Hixon to make it 31-21.

A 4th quarter FG cut the lead to 7. After a Umenyiora sack forced a punt with just over 3 minutes left, the Giants were able to run the clock out with 2 big 3rd down conversions.

NY Giants Stats
    E. Manning: 12-19 156 yards 1 TD
    J. Stewart: 20 carries 99 yards 1 TD; 4 rec 63 yards
    T. Beckum: 4 rec 66 yards
    D. Harris: 4 tackles

Tennessee Titans Stats
    M. Cassel: 14-20 223 yards 3 TD
    C. Johnson: 12 carries 48 yards; 5 rec 20 yards
    N. Washington: 3 rec 104 yards 1 TD
    D. Thornton: 4 tackles 1 sack

Next game: Giants vs Cowboys
    Titans vs Dolphins

2. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

The bye week has been good for the Texans!!!

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

it seemed you converted 95 percent of your third downs.... i did a half way decent job of holding you to a 3 and 5+ yards but you seemed to find a wide open receiver in a seam or your RBs would fall forward for the first down. I was very frustrated with that and also how your LBs would swarm all over CJ and my LB would sit on their heels and wait for contact.

anyways, gg dean, very good owner indeed. Run first, pass second, dont turn the ball over= alot of wins for the giants...