Week 9 is here....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Week 9 is here....

We have 1 user vs user game

Florida State vs North Carolina.

Lets get er done!

How the fuck does Auburn have the top 3 Heisman Candidates????

2. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

stat padding? :)

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Last I checked, his de had 23 sacks thru 6 games. No one else in NCAA had over 10. I don't want to start any controversy here or get in a pissing contest but come on? 4 sacks a game? That has to be user controlled. How is that "Sim"?

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    What do u expect? It's ramirez. Speed rusher over 85 or higher, he's getting 20+ sacks. A speed WR? Close to 2000 yards

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hehehe, *twittles thumbs*

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Juggs is just pissed that my Tigers ended his stud left ends career in our game.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yes, Yes I am (n)

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

NC STATE....scores 7 against GA Tech, 7 against FL State..............puts 52points on the baord against me......wtf??

Am I that bad on defense..........i guess I am.

I am Just lucky JuJu and crew put up 62. Jeez

Sidenote........JuJu is better than I thought. He still spreads some balls around but not bad. We might need to move the Hum Acc slider down a notch for next season like we did previously.

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I also believe the same guy has a ridiculous number of tackles for a loss as well.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I was sorta hoping we would cap scoring against the cpu again to start below 70. Its just not real sim to put up 70 points every week against the cpu.

Can we all agree on a cap in the 60's at least?

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

what if the computer score 60.....(n)

make it 70.......

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

You score what you need to score to win of course.

13. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

... or learn to play a smidge of defense ...

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I would say 18 are user controlled the other 5 were all him...... Even with that Ole Miss started the game out 20/20 passing against me. I was playing coverage the whole game.....it's frustrating!

Ryno talked to me about it already.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I hope you didn't take offense to what I said man. Wasn;t trying to single you out. I'm sure we're all guilty of padding stats. I just specifically knew about the DE cause I thought my 2 were having solid seasons with like 9 sacks and 20 tfl each...then I check and your DE is like top 3 in the Heisman race.

16. Maynard

Maynard Banned

lol...im not at all interested in busting ramirez balls, i want to know how to get sacks with the d-linemen. I cant do shit with my OSU guys, and they are pretty darn good

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I can't score over 50. Seems like the CPU makes adjustments to what I do aside from nc state. Then again my offense isn't really for putting up insane amount of points

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I don't have that many sacks, but I do get a shitload of pressure on the QB (ask Cole and JMS). Biggest thing is you have to get real good at the right stick this year. You have to read which way the oline is blocking and use the right stick to counter that. If he's blocking outside, do the inside move. If he crashes in, go outside. If it's a play action, you can either bull rush him (right stick down) or try a finesse move (up). It takes a little practice, but I get a ton of pressure with the DE I control. Most of the time it doesn't result in a sack, but it does result in hitting the QB, causing the lame duck pass, or he moves into another guy rushing the QB and they clean it up for a sack.

20. Maynard

Maynard Banned

juggs, do u ever use the sprint button along with the RS?

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I use the sprint button AFTER i'm off the OL block. Otherwise, you're sprinting into him and it makes it harder to get off the block. There are the occasional times though that the LT (I always play RE) totally wiffs and you have a complete free run at the QB or HB. Then it's speed burst all the way. For some reason, that happened alot vs. JMS. But other than that game, it really only happens a handful of times a game tops

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

my LT who is good......has been letting REs go by him like its a toll booth.....I am not sure what the problem is. Last night vs the CPU he gave up 4 sacks.....I tried to stay in the pocket this time too.(n)

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

are you slide protecting?

24. jfosh

jfosh Super

Definitely should be in the 60's as a cap. It goes without saying that if your giving up 60 you can score more.

I've been following the posts on sliders in the other leagues (also played so games with Juggs' sliders in his side league) and I think we should make some changes to ours soon.

I don't like what the additional run block does to the Kick Off returns though. You really want to chuck the game when half your KO retrun team falls down and give up 3 in one game.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I was against you.....it seems to work but then the other LE would come flying in!!