Week 9: Panthers (41) @ Saints (31)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Week 9: Panthers (41) @ Saints (31)

Panthers win a hard one in the Big Easy

Panthers and Saints clashed inside the Superdome. A huge game between these division rivals, with the winner taking 2place in the NFC South on the line.

1st Quarter: Defense was the story of this Quarter. Both teams battled it out and both teams had to settle for only a FG a piece by the end of it. (3 - 3)

2nd Quarter This quarter was the exact apossite. Carolina stuck first with big gains in the running game. Setting up D.Williams 4yard TD run. Saints following drive Brees gets picked by S.Martin who returns it 42 yards for another score. Panther jump out to a quick 17 - 3 lead. The Saints then move the ball down the field taking up clock and then punching it in on a Brees to Henderson 7 yard TD with .44 seconds left. Panthers answer right back, thanks to a great Kickoff return by Gamble, Panthers manage to get a 1 yard QB sneek by Delhomme right before half. (24 - 7) But wait the Saints still have 12 seconds and thats all they needed. Brees hit Henderson again with a quick pass in to the flat and he's off to the races. 1st half ends Carolina 24 Saints 17.

3rd Quarter: Again the Panthers did what they do best. Pound the ball. Williams breaks another big one setting up another Panthers score. This time it was M. Goodson from 5 yards out. Saints stay calm and collected and march down the field keeping pace with the Panthers with another score this time Brees found D.Moore for a 27 yard TD. (31 to 24)

4th Quarter: The Panthers again push the ball down field with their running game, which set up the playaction. Delhomme has A.Bryant over the middle wide open, but he is hit while throwing and the ball floats deep over the middle. INTERCEPTION F.Washington. Saints offense comes back on and Brees leads the team down field and then hooks up again with D.Henderson for a 13yard touchdown. It's all tied up folks 31 to 31. (This is win that game against the Cowboys starts really creeping back into my head.)
    Panthers start draining the clock moving the ball down field slowly with the run. Once into Saints territory the offense slows down and are faced with a 3rd and 6 on the Saints 41 yard line just under 2 minutes remaining. Panthers go to ol' faithful D.Williams gets the handoff up the middle and breaks if 41 yards for a TD. Panthers are able to stop the Saints on 4th and take over adding another 3points on R,Lloyd 48yarder to seal it. (41 - 31)

FINAL SCORE: Panthers (41) @ Saints (31)

Great game Nate. I just couldn't put you away, I had a couple chances and you managed to to pull it out everytime. You had me worried, thank god for Deangelo Williams.

Player of the Game: D.Williams 24carries 2TDs 271yards

Other Stats:
    NO. D.Brees 24/38 1int 4TDs 325yards
    CAR. J.Delhomme 6/13 1int 62yards
    NO. D.Henderson 8recs 3TDs 169yards
    CAR. J.Peppers 3sacks 3tackles

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I drop my 4th game in a row, 2nd close game. My season is now officially over and I'll start looking to next year. Not sure what my deal is, but I gave up over 300 yards on the ground and 41 points, thats just freakin pathetic. I give up. See you guys next season. Pathetic first year for my Saints.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Least you had a season to begin with. :)

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Its not over yet.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

For whom, the Chiefs or the Saints? The Saints are still in it, but floundering. The Chiefs? The Chiefs? They are preparing for this statement:

"With the first pick in the 2010 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..."

6. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Nate, your still alive with the Saints at 3-5. You should be favored in your next 2 against St. Louis and Tampa Bay. Week 12 would be a pivotal game against a tough New England team. You gave Buffalo (7-1) it's only loss in a 30-7 beatdown and Buffalo upset the Patriots in Week 1 (38-35).

Saints faced some tough guys in this league with losses to the Giants, Falcons, Panthers, and Eagles. The Dolphins user is a decent player but you could not afford to lose that one.

The Panthers definitely know how to run the ball. I was lucky enough to hold him to 3 FG's after pounding the ball on me all day. My offense forced him to fall behind and try to throw the ball and that wasn't his strong point. I pulled off a 30-9 win in that game.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I have no clue what my deal is. the Giants and Dolphins I plainly didn't pay attention and focus. Not to take anything away from either of those guys, I just didn't concentrate. Eagles game was just one of those games it didn't matter what I did. Falcons i came inches from winning. I caught the ball as time expired on the 1/2 yard line, bounced off a guy instead of falling forward, I fell backwards and I lost. This game vs Panthers he just jammed it down my throat. It really was a great game, tied with lil over 3 mins to go in the game. Then all of a sudden my wrs forgot how to catch the ball. 3 drops in that last 2 drives, and 2 passes where it didnt register as a drop, but edwards just totally wiffed on 2 passes that were wide open. I am clueless.

8. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah dude you definitely are not out of it and our game for sure could have went the other way. Keep focused and you could very easily be in the hunt again.