Week 9 POTW

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Only 3 pvp games in week 9. After week 10 though, every team will have had their bye, so there will more alot more pvp games in the 2nd half of the season. This week marked the first POTW award to a defensive player.

Player of the Week

Terrence Newman -- This 8 year DB has certainly played well this season, not only on defense but also on special teams. Last week he had an even better game, but came up a little short on making POTW. In week 9 against the Lions, Newman had a huge game and helped the Cowboys beat the Lions in a very close game. Newman recorded one sack which came late in the game which eventually lead to a 3rd and long and a turnover to win the game. He also had a INT, and a 98 yard kick return for a TD. He now has 4 INT's on the season and 4 kick return TD's.

Runner up -- T. Talbert: The Arizona TE had a good game and caught 4 passes for 105 yards and a TD. The Cardinals went on the beat the Bengals 28 to 21.

Bust of the Week

Mark Sanchez -- The Jets got off to a bad start and got into a hole that Sanchez never climbed out of. Despite being down the whole game, Sanchez only managed to throw for 133 yards going 9 for 17. He did have a TD but threw 2 INT's. The Jets went on to lose 31 to 7.

POTW Winners

Week 1 -- Matt Ryan
    Week 2 -- Felix Jones
    Week 3 -- Ted Ginn Jr.
    Week 4 -- Roscoe Parrish/Felix Jones
    Week 5 -- Jamaal Charles
    Week 6 -- Randy Moss
    Week 7 -- Felix Jones
    Week 8 - Ronnie Brown
    Week 9 - Terrence Newman

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Anyone else sick of the Cowboys owner giving the Cowboys players POTW? Lol. I'm bout to run up some shit against somebody just to put a sock in it.

3. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Hey boss I give to the player who deserves it. There were only 3 pvp games, name a player who had a better game than Newman and that made a bigger difference in deciding the outcome of the game....

Stop hatin, stop hatin star, start participatin. Twinkle Twinkle baby Twinkle Twinkle

4. Keller

Out of 9 weeks a Cowboys player has earned it 4 times. Enough said.

5. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

No it's not enough said. I'm still waiting to hear another player who was more deserving in last weeks POTW, or any of them for that matter. I'm not going to give it to someone else just for the hell of it and because my players have won it more. If you can come up with a player that has been more deserving and actually and back it up on as to why, I would happily take this more seriously and go back and change the picks.

6. Keller

All I hear is rah rah rah I'm the Cowboys and I give my guys POTW.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

As I suspected... you got nothing.

All I hear is... wha wha wha I'm so jealous and tired of the Cowboys winning

8. Keller

Jealous no, tired of the cowboys winning, yes.

Give it to either of the Qb's from the Cardinals/Bengals game. TE T. Talbert caught 4 passes for 100 yards and a TD in a win over the Bengals - thats a pretty nice game for a TE.

9. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Talbert did have a decent game, but numbers wise Fred Jackson had a better day. But your game wasn't close so I probable should have at least gave Talbert the runner up. In fact I will go change that.

The reason why Newman was picked is this: On a average game for a DB they do not have a sack, a INT, or a TD. They might have some tackles and a deflection. Newman had a sack, INT, and a TD, and if it wasn't for him the Cowboys would have lost. You could argue the same thing for Talbert, but I think Newman had a greater impact on the game (being involved on defense and on special teams) and it is more rare for a DB to have that kind of a game than it is for a TE to have 100 yards and a TD. It is expected of a TE to have catches and to score when called upon every game. It is not expected for a CB to have a sack INT and a TD every game.

Carson Palmer was not considered because his team lost. The rookie QB Austin was considered and threw for 200 yards and a couple TD's, but also threw a INT. Nothing special.

10. Keller

A rookie throwing for 200 yards and a TD against a Bengals team thats playing really well is better than a DB with an INT, TD and a sack by my standards but thats just me.

If you want to use circumstantial evidence like "it helped win the game," then you should consider how difficult it really is to evaluate that when the only game you intimately know what happened is your game.

For the most part I'm just giving you a hard time but I also think you could do a slightly better job and not give it to your guys all the time, lol.

11. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I'll agree with rush about Austin, he's had better games plus Palmer outplayed him. Talbert did make some big plays and the last catch he made was crucial for the win, not to mention it was the catch he broke his jaw on.

12. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Valid points but I disagree. Name the last DB to have a sack, INT, and a TD in one game, either in our league or the NFL. It's a pretty rare. The league is not very high tech as you all know. I make the best decision based off the info I have. I can't watch the Bengals Cardinals games so I can't really compare who helped the team win more. I think I explained things pretty well on why Newman was picked so I won't go there again. I will say that I look to pick players that stand out from the rest. Newman's performance stands out more to me than Austin.

13. Keller

A nickle DB can easily get a sack, INT and TD in 1 game. I'm not saying its all that common but I think you're basing you decision off of the fact that it "won the game" for the Cowboys when Tanner Talbert could very well have done the same thing, you just wouldn't know it.

14. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Very true. Talbert very well could of had just as big of a impact on winning the game than Newman did. But there's no way of me knowing. I'm limited when making these out, and the only thing I have to look at is numbers. So I tend to pick players who stand out the most, and pretty much guess who had the biggest impact.

15. sibellius

It would be cool if every results write up named a POTG and the reasoning to back it up. That way rush could have some context on top of the stats to go off of every week when picking a POTW.

16. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Nice idea. I like it, certainly would help.

17. Keller

I won't enforce it but now that its here maybe people will start doing it. I will certainly do my part.

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I figured most people did at the end, even if it is vs CPU a player that had a big game to help swing a victory or was the key to victory

19. sibellius

*cough*Browns DB this week *cough*

@rushers24

20. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I know I saw that. Great timing on that one haha.

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

lol yeah way to go Eric Wright haha