Week 9 Preview: DanthraxxxOD2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CTfromDC, Aug 3, 2012.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

ENJOY

Cincinnati (4-1) VS Louisville (2-4) Danthraxxx

Louisville Cardinals play host to the visiting Cincinnati Bearcats. The Cardinals have had a disappointing first half of the season, posting a dismal 2-4 record. With only five games left in the season, they need to turn things around quickly if they want to live up to that 8-4 prediction at the beginning of the season. The Bearcats will handle the Cardinals in this one folks. CT’s Pick – Cincinnati 20 - 7

Rutgers (1-5) BulgyBlowfish19 VS #10 Oklahoma (3-2)

Rutgers are sitting in last placed in the Big East. They are almost certain to miss a bowl bid, but they play hard. BulgyBlowfish19 has his team still competing. All of the Scarlet Knights losses have been by less than 10 points. They could be sitting at 6-0 if not for some big plays here and there. They visit one of the toughest places to play in Oklahoma. The Sooners are ranked #10 and should take care of business easily. CT’s Pick – Oklahoma 26 - 17

#24 Temple (6-0) VS Pittsburgh (3-3) BulgyTexas

BulgyTexas and Pitt face the #24 ranked, undefeated, Temple Owls. This is an opportunity to showcase their talents. They are heavy underdogs no doubt. The AD felt that PITT was headed in the wrong direction and decided to make a coaching change. BulgyTexas will has a chance to get the Panthers above .500. CT’s Pick – Temple 30 – 17

#21 Iowa (5-1) hugezombie VS Northwestern (4-3)

The Hawkeyes are sitting pretty atop of the B1G Legends Division. Clearly the class of the B1G, they visit Northwestern looking to rebound from an 87 – 49 thrashing at the hands of the post Paterno Penn State Nittany Lions. CT’s Pick – Iowa 45 – 20

GAME OF THE WEEK – Danthraxxx OD

team63.png NC State (4-2) VS nct.png North Carolina (5-1) FCCarsenal

FCCarsenal and his Tarheels host their in state rival NC State Wolfpack. UNC leads the all-time series 63 – 32 – 6. This will mark the 102nd time these teams have faced off, with the last meeting going to the Wolfpack, who shut out the Tarheels 13 – 0. The Tarheels will are sitting in first place in the ACC Coastal division, and are on pace to win the division if they can hold off the Cavaliers from Virginia. CT’s Pick – North Carolina 30 - 27

#12 Michigan State (4-2) LB Fitted VS #18 Wisconsin (5-2)

LB Fitted and the Spartans travel to Wisconsin to face one of the B1G elite’s. The Spartans are no slouches themselves. They have surprised many with their consistent play in the tough B1G Legends division. They’ve had a couple of big wins, most recently, on the road, in Michigan, in front 109,000 rowdy fans, they upset the Wolverines to win the coveted Paul Bunyan Trophy. Spartans need to keep pace if they want a shot a t a decent bowl game. CT’s Pick – Michigan State 28 - 20

#23 Purdue (4-2) btbam91 VS Minnesota (2-3)

The Boilermakers are looking to stay undefeated in conference play as they go against the Gophers. Purdue is in great position to make a bowl game this year. They are tied for the best conference record with the Hawkeyes. Look for Purdue to handle the cellar dwelling Gophers easily, no upset here people, nothing to see, keep it moving. Fact to note: Boilermakers are averaging 38 points over their last three games, all victories, this will mark the 4th in a row. CT’s Pick – Purdue 45 - 13

Indiana (1-5) VS #14 Illinois (6-1) P Hund0

The Wolverines shocked Illinois last week and snatched the undefeated season from the Fighting Illini. It was a hard fought close game, but that is how Illinois has played all season. They are 3 – 1 in the last 4 weeks, and their average margin of victory over those games is 4 points. They lost to Michigan by 3 and could be easily sitting at 7-0. Still, The Fighting Illini are 6-1, ranked #14 in the Nation, and appear to be the team to beat in the B1G. CT’s Pick - Illinois 38 - 24

Syracuse (4-2) VS USF (3-3) bigjoe99

USF has a new Coach, and new outlook. The Bulls AD felt that a change was needed to get the program back on track, and bigjoe99 seemed to be the man for the job. He plays host to the Orangemen this week, who are trying to keep pace with Temple in the Big East. Both teams are 1-1 conference play, this will put the winner above .500. This will be definitely be a close one. CT’s Pick – PICK’EM

Maryland (3-3) CTfromDC VS Boston College (3-3) GDip

The Boston College Eagles and Coach GDip welcome the last place Maryland Terps and Coach Edsall to town. What a fall from grace the Terps are experiencing. The football Gods showed a little light and favor on the terrible Terps, but now, they are just terrible with no light at the end of the tunnel. Terps are on a 3 game losing streak, and can’t buy a bandaid to stop the bleeding. Enter GDip and the Eagles. This game is winnable for the Terps. CJ Brown will have to play with-in himself, and not try to be a superhero. The Defense is where the greatest improvement is needed, they are giving up phucking 45 points a game over this losing streak. AD CTfromDC has fired the DC and has taking over the playcaling duties, in an unprecedented move. Terp Nation is calling for Edsall’s head on a stake at Byrd Stadium, this road game may be what is needed to get the team back on track. CT’s Pick – Maryland 42 - 35

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Danthraxxx this is what I was looking at trying to contribute weekly

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Excellent work !

4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

they wouldnt allow me to upload more than 10 pics, maybe you all can change the limit so i can put all the logos for the teams

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I will ask , one way to make that easier is to do diffe t thread or post for each different confrence.

Typing on m iPhone while hammered is not east btw lol

6. Will Clinton

Will Clinton Walk On

Damn good write up...nice.

7. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Very nice. This would be awesome to read very week.

8. GDip

GDip Walk On

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Nice work CT!!
    Ct just wondering how long it took you to do this. I mean the research alone prob took you 30 mins right? Just wondering, either way nice job!!!!

CT are you a Skins fan, too? I am a diehard/lifelong skins fan. Im so excited about the new season. Sadly this happens every year only to hate myself for loving this team by week 6 or 7 lol.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  10. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

took me about 1:15...i get downtime at work so i should be able to get this out b4 each week...

diehard skins fan 4 sho, all my home teams really, nats, wiz, caps, hoyas, terps....i see us going .500 this year, if we can stay healthy...RG3 isnt looking sharp tho in training camp, not expecting any miracle cam newton year out of him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

nice work man. its nice to hear that i have been trying despite not a lot of results :)

12. btbam91

btbam91 Walk On

Talked to Danthraxxx, I won't get a chance to get to the xbox until tonight! Sorry for the hold up fellas!

13. FCCarsenal

FCCarsenal Walk On

Should be done by around 8 tonight fellas