Week 9 Quick Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by billyd1esel, Dec 7, 2009.

1. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Week 9 Quick Summaries

Vandy 38
    Arkansas State 19

Very crazy game. Vandy was up 24-0 going into the 4th quater, then Ark state proceded to score 19 unanswered points in minutes. Then managed to recover an onside kick with a little over a minute to go. Needless to say, I knew it was about to happen. Luckily, on their first play, I noticed the linemen running out for a screen, so I user pic'd the screen pass for the win! Ended up scoring another TD by a lucky run, then ended up having a pick 6 as well, all in a minute and change!

Fun stuff guys, can't wait till next week. AT #1 FLORIDA!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

nice win..how did the sliders feel?

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Minnesota - 37 / MSU - 34

Damn Billy, same shit happened to me. I was up by 24 points against Michigan State at home in the 4th and MSU went batshit crazy and scored 3 TDs and 3 2 point conversions to tie the game up with a minute left. Luckily for me, I was able to move down the field and kick a FG as time expired for the win.

Sliders are cool, honestly I would like user interceptions or pass defense to get turned up, but Minnesota's defense sucks so I imagine once I build up the secondary I wont have these problems.

4. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Aggie squeak by Cyclones 26-23

The life of a kicker can be unfair sometimes. You can make every kick through three quarters and miss the one with the game on the line, and people will say that you're no good. With 0:06 left on the clock versus Iowa State, that was the situation that was facing Texas A&M sophomore Kicker Randy Bullock.

Bullock was 3/3 so far, with each kick splitting the uprights perfectly, now Iowa State had used their last timeout to try to unnerve the strong-legged 2nd year player. A miss would send the game into overtime and who knows what the psyche of the Aggie team would have been considering that it had blown a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter. Bullock must have ice water flowing through his body because he was completely unfazed and again sent the kick straight through the goal post into the net.

Bullock's heroics wouldn't have been possible if not for the play of QB Jerrod Johnson and WR Ryan Tannehill on the Aggies final drive. Johnson was a perfect 5-5 on passing attempts, including 3 key completions to Tannehill that gave the Aggies first downs, and set Bullock up for the game winning kick.

The win improves the Aggies' record to 4-3 overall, 2-2 in Big XII play.

5. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Sliders were alright for me. Can't wait to try them out next week vs. Florida to be honest. At no time did I feel like I was dominating. Even when I had the huge lead, I thought, "well, this is Arkansas State, so I finally get a break.". Then they scored like crazy, and the game finally ended.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

it has to be something about Heisman and 4th quarter comebacks, because on AA in other leagues they NEVER do that.

Oh, and Beazus when you said "MSU went batshit crazy"..Gotta said that made me laugh.

7. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF 45
    West Virginia 16

Samuels rushed for 209 Yards and a TD on 23 Carries including a 97 Yarder to seal the win.
    Grothe passed for 261 Yards and 4 TD's.

West Virginia was stopped 2 times inside the 5 yard line and was 0-9 on 3rd down while the Bulls were 7-10 on 3rd down.

Week 10 brings a bye week. Then the Bulls travel to Rutgers to take on cmp343.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

we only have 5 summaries so far and advance is tonight at 11 or sooner if Miss St plays. where are the other 7?? summary is required, remember that.

9. Mississippi State 29
    Kentucky 28

Anthony Dixon scored on the game's final play to give the Bulldogs a come-from-behind win over the Wildcats.

The Bulldogs had an incredible day on the ground, running for 455 yards and 3 touchdowns as a team. After MSU QB Tyson Lee was lost for the game in the second quarter, the Bulldogs had little choice to rely on the run even moreso than usual.

In the second half, the Bulldogs had backup QB Chris Relf taking snaps and running the option, and also WR Chad Bumphis taking snaps in the Wild Dawg Spread and Bulldog Heavy formations.

Thanks to the option gameplan, three Bulldogs ended up over the century mark in rushing: Relf (112), Bumphis (157), and Dixon (105).

Bumphis also completed two passes out of the wildcat, including a clutch fourth down pass with 20 seconds to go to set up first-and-goal.

10. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Indiana cant handle Iowa on the road

Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi made all the necessary plays for the Hawkeyes to get the win against my Hoosiers. Hoosiers QB Love made some nice plays and contructed a few very nice drives but they were all stalled but 1 by turnovers. He threw a couple picks that were questionable computer plays, one was a one handed play by a linebacker looking the other way, the other was just a really unreal play by a corner making a play on a deep ball. Indiana defense couldnt stop the run for the most part, forcing them to let Stanzi pick them apart. RB McCray did have a solid day on the ground, scoring a TD and letting opposing teams that they are beginning to learn how to run the ball out of the shotgun.

I will post main stats later, im just doing this based on memory.
    I think final was 21-7 or 24-7 for iowa.

Also i think the sliders were fair. Iowa is a good team and it was a fair battle. I could have won if i was a bit sharper on reads, etc, but a game that I should lose on paper regardless. Definately around where they need to be