Week 9 - Saints 27 vs Chiefs 21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Mar 23, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saints Survive Another Tough Road Game - Beat Chiefs Late
    Arrowhead, KC - Savage Mason Reporting

[​IMG]

After a tough game at home vs Denver, a long bye week, and a horrible sub game late in the week, the Saints were just wanting to get back in the grove of playing football again. The schedule sent them to KC to take on the red hot Chiefs and long time OMFL Coach, Blue.

Here's a look at how these two teams matched up:

[​IMG]

Sorry, but I am just out of time to write something great. Both teams went back and forth today. Saints were able to score late in the 2nd quarter on a 4th and 1 to take the lead late. Tucker made and amazing play to extend the lead, but then here came the chiefs. Hatchie would, what we thought, put the game away with a long pick six. Mccluster would score on an amazing play and then the chiefs would stop the saints on 3 straight passing plays which took a whole 10 seconds off the clock. Chiefs would get super close to winning this game, but the saints just were able to squeeze them out of time and win the game.

Scoring Summary:
    [​IMG]

Player & Team Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great game @Bluebean - great game my friend. Back and forth with both team making a few plays to keep both teams in it. I thought for sure I was going to lose it when you stopped me on 3 plays and got the ball back with time. Great game.

Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    CB Patrick Robinson

Robinson finished with 5 tackles and 1 int, but the 3rd year cb from Florida State had several key knock downs late in the game to keep the chiefs out of the scoring area. Saints had another tough game, but the D will being to get healthier next week and if Robinson and staff can hold down the fort for other key D players, the team should be ok.