Week 9 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Aug 9, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 9 - Season 1

Week 9 is here. Pretty pissed that LeFevour didn't get player of the week for week 8!! Almost 500 yards in total offense...how do you not?!

On a side note, I leave for school in 3 days for foosball.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan 7-1 @ Boston College W 50-14
    MYCANE Houston 6-1 #17 Southern Miss L 35-21
    Newb Slice Buffalo 7-1 BYE - -
    castortroy4206 ECU 3-4 @ Memphis W 38-7
    NatiSaint UCF 3-4 Marshall
    Kid Robotz Southern Miss 8-0 @ Houston W 35-21
    RageRoolz Bowling Green 3-5 BYE - -
    MM Jman Tulsa 4-3 SMU L 21-18
    Riptides Ball State 8-0 Ohio W 19-14
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois 5-2 Akron L 28-14
    morsdraconis Akron 4-3 @ Northern Illinois W 28-14
    Maxattax34 Rice 4-4 BYE - -

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I really don't want to be the one that makes SMU bowl eligible, that would honestly crush me.:(

3. Jman

I'm crushed. Lost 18-21.

Was up 3-0 then...

70YD TD SMU.
    28YD FUM RET.
    99 YD FUM RET.

THen my QB goes down and I CANNOT move the ball. Had 4 opportunities to do it and could not.

This marks the end of Tulsa competitiveness. Rice will now get the 4* safety, Tulsa will not make a bowl (I have 3/4 games being user), all recruits attending will be disgusted.

But hey, SMU is bowl eligible now.

I'll be away for a while, I'm WAY too angry right now, great game, just frustrating as hell and it always seems to happen to me.

4. Jman

And I now cannot save any highlights again. WTF.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I've had two punt return fumbles now..

One cost me the game against Arizona...the other just about did..

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

In our game 1ke had a pick six (tackled QB duck picked by a CB) on the ensuing Kickoff my returner fumbled and he ran it in to go from 14-7 to 28-7 F'n unbelievable. On a side note we were both kicked off the server so the game didn't save. I told 1ke to play the game with me on auto. He beat me fair and square 35-21. Hey 1ke easy on my guys OK!

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

OK.....

The good news.... MCyork and I got our game in. I jumped on him really bad in the 1st half. 7 points in the 1st, and 21 pts in a row in the 2nd. He did not go away though, fighting back but falling short 35-21 for the game.

The bad news....As MCyork went back to the dynasty HQ screen, it did not report any score. As for me, after looking at some highlights and stats, the game froze up in the postgame screen. It was completely locked with the only option being to go back to the dashboard.

Soooo.....I had to exit and after getting back in, sure as shit, no game results reported. York and I talked it over. We agreed if it was ok with Murk, that i would just replay the game against the cpu. Murk, what ya think? Is that cool?

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ill try my best, I promise you there wont be any major injuries, if there is ill start over. Ill try to give your WR their big play TD's too. (y)

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey 1ke If you injure any of my guys you gotta write up my game summary and make it pro-houston ok on a side note the fucken Red Sox Lost again. Bad fucken night for my household!!

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Weird how crap like that works, when it rains it really poors sometimes. Youll bounce back!

As for me, I got a huge win tonight, the baby is sound asleep, and Im gonna dance horizontally with my wife! Not too shabby of a Sunday if you ask me!

(y)(y)(y)

LMAO

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is what I'd suggest...

York...put set your depth chart to where you have your most valuable players at spots where they wont get put it in so you dont risk any crucial injuries..

I'll put you on AP...

1ke..just sim through the game real fast...if he's got all his back ups in you should be able to win easily..

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Can I supersim some for speedin it up a bit?

13. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

still no recruits have signed a LOI to come play for buff next season =/

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

that's exactly what I said..

he's on AP

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Definitely The Owls' best BYE week ever! Two users above me lost andI got 3 C-USA bottom feeders(save a surprise SMU team who are rivals with Rice) lined-up before the big game in Houston. Things are shaping up nicely for Rice... We may get to go bowling this year after all.

Ill do 2 write-ups today...Ive been slacking because of that barbecue and today I am watching my little niece while brother is at work. So I should have them up by this evening.

16. Jman

You;ll beat SMU's ass. Just don't give up a bomba dn two fumble returns and it'll be gravy...and you'll nab that damn safety.

I'm hoping he just feels sorry for me now.