Week 9, Season 2 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Oct 22, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We advanced!

Advance Schedule: Sunday, 1pm EST

Notes:
    -who cares

2. vatechhokie01

UNLV Beats #25 San Jose State But Pregame Shenanigans Stain Victory

It should have been just a game with an awful lot at stake. It should have just been the establishment of a new rivalry in the West. It should have just been the dual-cinderella stories of a 6-0 nationally ranked SJSU team vs. a 5-1 Auburn-beating UNLV team. What it was... was bizarre.

In a game which UNLV upset SJSU on their home-field in another MWC defensive classic, the pre-show stole the spotlight.

During the team warm-ups, visiting and class-act American badass Coach Hale approached Coach Rude to both graciously thank him for the opportunity to come to San Jose for the 1st time as well as welcome him to the MWC, the following exchange was caught on a nearby recorder:

Coach Hale: Hey Coach Rude. Really nice to meet you. I wanted to say I'm really impressed with what you are doing here. Thank you for the opportunity to come to...

Coach Rude: Yea, yea, yea. Listen... let me adflkja iouo[iasd faouid...

Hale: uhh, Coach Rude. You alright.
    Rude: Yea. Listen... lemmee see ifad a;lkjaeifj....
    Hale: Coach, I'm confused. You don't seem alright. I'm having a hard time understanding you.
    Rude: (slaps himself in the face REALLY hard!) Sorry. Listen. Can we play this tomorrow night?
    Hale: uhh... what?
    Rude: ya know, can we play the game tomorrow night?
    Hale: Coach, they scheduled it tonight. Lots of folks here to see the big game.
    Rude: Eh, who gives a f*(#! Let's just do it tomorrow night (hiccups.... stumbles... and pukes all over his shoes)
    Hale: Coach, are you drunk?
    Rude: (sleeping at the left hash of about the 23yd line)
    Hale: Alright. Well, it was nice meeting you. Good luck.

Word spread fast. But not fast enough. Coach Rude somehow made it to the sidelines, even leading the SJSU to a 1st quarter 10-0 lead. But that was about that. THe game saw 11 first downs and near identical T.O.P.s between the teams. But the clincher was when Coach Rude couldn't do a thing with the 3 TOs that the Rebels gift-wrapped him.

He could however do a thing or two with a run-of-the-mill funnel, 3 or 4ft plastic tubing, and a little tension nozzle. I don't know. But the MWC just got tastier and easier for the Rebels. Lord knows the Mormons suck.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I care *timidly raising hand*

• Like Like x 1
  4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I got pressured into playing last night while I was totally hammered. Hence the above story. Oh well I knew the season had a few losses in it and that was the first one. Good game from what I remember Heath! I hate you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. vatechhokie01

maybe next time when you schedule a game... don't drink 80oz of beer right before, lol. I will say, you played well. Either I am that bad or you play better when you are drunk. I actually suspect the latter.

I love you in the middle of your hatred.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ok your love overpowered my hatred and now I love you again.(y)

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Terps just lost to Duke....hoping for a game freeze...typing this in real time....damn, it loaded. In other news, Danny Obrien was installed as the QB for the second half as CJ Brown threw three big picks. I could run the ball but I got down early and just kept throwing it...ugh.

Duke 28
    Maryland 22

• Like Like x 1
  8. vatechhokie01

i did notice that i got an email and there is a writeup of our game on the dynasty wire, but that the dynasty hub shows that we still haven't played. my game froze on the exit... sure hope your game upload works for us both!

9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Defense plays with big heart for Coach Henry

In spite of personal tragedy, Coach Henry returned to the sidelines this week after missing two games. And it was his defense that stepped up for the ol ball coach with 3 int's for touchdowns. Bellfly, Rose, and Pollard all returned the rock to the house which gave the bowl eligible Eagles of Eastern Michigan a 31 to 13 victory.

After the game the players presented the coach with the game ball which brought Scott Henry to tears. "I have a great group of kids here at EMU." Henry said to reporters after the game. "And I look forward to being here the rest of the year with these boys."

Miami is next up on the dockett for EMU.

• Like Like x 5
  10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

EMU bowl eligible in only two years...damn impressive scooter

• Like Like x 3