Week 9 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 9 - Season 2

HARD ADVANCE FOR SATURDAY SOMETIME (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado (4-4) @ Kansas (3-4)
    #9 Florida State (6-1) @ Maryland (4-2)
    #17 Oklahoma (4-1) @ #4 Mizzou (7-0) User Vs. User
    #7 Miami (6-1) VS #2 North Carolina (7-0) User Vs. User
    #4 Mizzou (7-0) VS #17 Oklahoma (4-1) User Vs. User
    #3 Nebraska (6-1) [/COLOR]@ #1 Oklahoma State (7-0) User Vs. User
    #2 North Carolina (7-0) @ #7 Miami User Vs. User
    #1 Oklahoma State (7-0) VS #3 Nebraska (6-1) User Vs. User
    #22 Texas A&M (5-2) @ Baylor (1-6)

User games wk 9 are....FUCKING MASSIVE!
    #17 Oklahoma (MM Jman) @ #4 Mizzou (Wellar21)...Oklahoma is trying to stay in the hunt...Mizzou is trying to prevent ABSOLUTE CHAOS in the North Division

#3 Nebraska (dakota7) @ #1 Oklahoma State (Huronia8)...massive for the North AND the South when combined with the other BIG XII user game...but its at the House That Boone Built

#2 North Carolina (BulgyTexas) @ #7 Miami (SPatin)...HUGE in the ACC...SPatin tries to get the taste out of his mouth as Mur...We....SwAG watches from afar at the top of the heap in the ACC...for now

Should be another TREMENDOUSLY fun ass week!

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

LACK OF ACTIVITY WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, YOU WILL BE WARNED, YOU WILL BE BOOTED. Post and be seen and there are no problems.

I will be looking for additions to the dynasty to get us back to 12 users soon as well.

2. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I f'ing hate this game. Two weeks after squandering a lead against the CPU with less than a minute to go when my assholes couldn't recover an onside kick, guess what happens? That's right, I get a fucking FG blocked with 30 seconds left that would have put the game out of reach. They recover, score and I lose. I used to be decent at this game, WTF happened? My apologies to my Big XII bretheren for making our conference look soft. Papa P, you must've played your worst game ever. That win was a fluke. Fireshmeezil.com will be up and running soon.

3. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Ouch that sucks Shmeezil. I saw the loss and I thought you must be getting frustrated by now. You have the worst team by far though so maybe change teams if you are struggling?

4. Jman

You'll be alright, your way better still than the Duke team I used the the Trifecta. You want frustrating, it took me until the 3rd season to become bowl eligible.

Just fight, scratch, and claw to get that 6th win somehow and it'll work out.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You got your FG blocked by the CPU!? Shit, what can you do?

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Colorado is a good team IMO..

Darrell Scott and Rodney Stewart...two solid QBs...real good O line..

defense is weak, but their corner is real good, and a pretty decent D line and DT depth..

Played with them in the OFFL West last year, but started a season late so it was actually THIS year's team.

Loved them..

except Shmeezil doesn't have Josh Smith (transferred to USC this season IRL, I was pissed), and I'm pretty sure Scott transferred in the game or Stewart, one of the two.

Still, you've got that #21 white guy that is a stud at wideout...I'm pretty sure he has accumulated atleast one catch in each game all four of his seasons, I could be wrong though. He is sure handed, and very durable..love that dude..

I'm going to dismantle those bitches!!

AND that #1 overall player and CB...I hope he starts so he can realize he wasn't even close to the caliber of players we look for at FSU..LOL jk :D

but still ..my cornas betta!

7. Jman

Yeah, his #21 gave me a damn migraine, thankfully it got a bit better when I started focusing on him.

I forgot about that CB, what did he come in as anyways?

8. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I can't give up on the Buffs. I'm an alum, and that just wouldn't feel right.

Speedy Stewart transferred. Scott's out for 6 weeks. QB's aren't bad. I must have the worst 94 ovr LT in the game. The dude gives up a sack every game.

Scotty McKnight aka Mark Sanchez's BFF. Yeah, he's the shit.

It's all good, though. Somehow I might put together a pretty decent recruiting class. Maybe I'll think about making some changes (playbooks and whatnot). Thanks for talking me through this, boys. Times are tough.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU improves to 7-1

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    FSU 14 7 7 14 42
    Terps 7 7 0 7 21

Ponder is back in action! He played a decent game today, and all around the team played good.

A surprise standout performance by Sr HB Tavares Pressly who rushed for over 100 yards and a TD on only 10 carries. This is impressive because he did this from the backup position to Chris Thompson who had 15 carries for 32 yards, but had 3 total TDs.

We run a multiple back system, and it is tough deciding who will be that backup guy that we like to use in short yardage situations.

Pressley lost his job, but quickly got it back the same game after Lonnie Pryor got injured.

FSU RBs on the season
    Name Att Yards Avg per Rush TDs 1st H 20+
    Jones 15 59 3.9 1 19 0
    Pryor 26 113 4.3 2 53 0
    Pressley 38 241 6.3 2 84 2
    Thompson 109 367 3.4 5 157 3
    Little 38 123 3.2 3 51 0
    TOTAL 226 645 2.9 13 364 5

^^ Not too impressive I guess...just wanted to let everyone know about my struggles of having so many beast RBs :D

10. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouris Running Game Proves to be Unstoppable

A great defensive effort to start the game by both teams. Sam Bradford came stepped into a groove on his second driving giving Oklahoma a one touchdown lead after the first quarter completing an 18 yard touchdown to Celeb.

Mizzous Heisman candidate Derrick Washington then stole the show as he helped Missouri put up 24 unanswered points to take a big lead. He had a ridiculous 198 yards on 28 attempts for a 7.0 average as well as 64 yards coming from backup Devion Moore on only 6 carries. But with a late TD in the third quarter Oklahoma still had life.

After a 50 yard kick return Missouri scored quickly to give Missouri a 17 point cushion with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. A final pick 6 sealed the victory Missouri winning the rivalry game 34-14.

Player of the Game: Derrick Washington: 28 Car, 198 Yds, 7.0 AVG, 56 Long

Highlights:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Rx0YP4I31w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Rx0YP4I31w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    OU 7 0 7 0 14
    MIZ 0 17 7 14 34

Team Stats
    OU MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 16 15
    Total Offence 296 371
    Rushing Yards 109 272
    Passing Yards 187 99
    Turnovers 3 2
    Fumbles 1 1
    Intercepted 2 1

11. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Hurricanes look set for another shot at the ACC title after taking down the Tar Heels

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 0 0 3 0 3
    MIA 14 3 3 3 23

Miami, FL - 75-3... That is the combined score of the Hurricanes' last two games (@ Clemson, v. North Carolina) since their first loss in 20 consecutive games against Florida State two weeks ago. This one proved nearly just as impressive as last week's bashing of Clemson, holding the #2 North Carolina Tar Heels to just three points and 144 total yards.

It was really just another game of numbers. As Coach Patin has done earlier this season, he stuck with the ground game, throwing on only 12 of 47 offensive plays. However, with an early 17-0 lead, the team didn't need to air it out all that often after the first half. RBs Lee Chambers and Graig Cooper combined for 25 carries for 100 yards, while QB Jacory Harris was 10/12 for 129 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Yet, as always, the defense was the true MVP. The Tar Heels failed to convert a single third-down against Miami, going 0 for 7. The team also forced two interceptions, one coming late in the game to seal the victory, the other early on in the second quarter. RE Adewale Ojomo compiled four sacks, some through brute force, blowing by the left tackle. Others by simply sticking with the play and getting to Renner for coverage sacks, as he attempted to roll the pocket.

The Hurricanes improve to 7-1 (4-1) with the victory, and take possession of the ACC Coastal division.

Good game, Bulgy. Really, after that first quarter, the defenses dominated, which didn't surprise me. I knew I wouldn't be able to do much against that defense of yours.

12. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

You mixed up your box scores :p

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Nice win..

It's still up in the air...whoever wins the FSU vs NC State will represent our division, and it may get simmed or Perry may play the CPU...cant connect, yay!

We're gonna work on fixing it though so we'll see what happens, hopefully if we do fix it we will be able to get to the bottom of the issue and it can be fixed by everyone.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

If its not possible for us to connect without you going home I sure as hell won't play the CPU. We can SIM it. I'm sure you have the more talented team but CPU would 95% be a sure win for me and I don't want the division like that. I earned it last season and I wanna earn it again this season.

15. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Cowboys protect the house Boone built vs. #3 Huskers, 28-16 final

After playing the Huskers last season we were extremely happy to see both Suh and Allen leave, they were menacing to say the least and really limited what we could do last year.

THis year we used a run at em approach and it seemed to have marginal success. Senior QB Alex Cate had yet another fine game managing and executing the game plan exactly as it was drawn up.

The Cowboy defense played exceptionally well, holding the Cornhuskers to a field goal on a 1st and goal, which may have been a big turning point in the game.

Key performers -

QB Alex Cate - 158 yards - 2 tds - 0 ints - 10/12

Freshman RB Combo of Pratt/Smith - 112 yard rushing, 2 tds

Dez Bryant - 4 rec 75 yards, 1 td

Matt Justice - 4 rec 37 yards, 1 td

Defensively -

Justin Ramirez - 3 tackles, 1 tfl, 1 sack

Johnny Thomas - 1 INT

Recruiting trail

The Cowboys recieved their 8th commitment this week, inking WR Sean Lopez (6'2" 192) from Pasadena, Texas.

"Sean is a big kid with speed to burn, he isn't afraid to go over the middle and has the ability to bring down that tough catch. Obviously with us losing Dez [Bryant] next season there will be plenty of opportunity for young players to contribute, with us signing Sean and Jamarcus[Concepcion] this season we believe we have set up our recieving corps for future success. "

- Coach Huronia

16. Papa Perry

Good win Huronia, who else needs to play now? I know all the user games are played so we shouldn't lack much. Me and Murk need to see if my theory will work about me direct connecting then if we can't he will be able to go home to play if he wants to?

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game huronia. That's a tough loss.....we were really focused on this game after the Big 12 title loss last year. Sucked for me that Latravis Washington got hurt on that 1st and goal.....he's my short yardage back, lol.

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wader is playing right now, so if Jman has power we can probably advance soon.

19. Papa Perry

Jman you better go buy a damn generator. IF the stores not open bust in that bitch and leave an IOU. Papa is ready to play

20. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Did you get an Instant commit on Sean Lopez? Lucky, I had my visit this week on him. Oh well I found another solid 3 star.

21. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

That is exactly what happened.

22. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Yeah that was your only hope, I had a rivalry game which I won, definitely would of got him.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We ready for week 10..

24. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Looks like it, Jman when you advance make a new scouting report for OU

25. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Aggies hammer Baylor 49-7 for a much needed Big 12 win

After slow start, the Texas A&M defense clamped down the really limited what the Baylor Bears wanted to do. Totally eliminating the running of Robert Griffin was a big key, and that forced him to beat a fairly stingy A&M pass defense. Baylor couldnt do this with much success, and also turned the ball over twice, both leading to Aggie majors.

On offense, the running game got back on track with their typical grind it out style. Jerrod Johnson had a really good game in perticular running the ball and making some throws. Christine Michael had a nose for the endzone today, capalizing on goal line carries that are his due to the coaching staff not wanting Gray to go pro. Over 400 yards of total offense and held the ball for over 2/3 of the time. This really put the Bear's defense at their will. An interception in the 2nd half was the only blemish on this offensive effort.

Key Stats
    QB Johnson 15-21, 133 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 car, 98 yards
    RB Michael 19 car, 76 yards, 4 TD
    RB Gray 18 car, 80 yards, 7 rec, 44 yards
    WR Nwachukwu 4 rec, 48 yards
    DE Miller 3 Sacks, 5 TFL, 8 TACK
    DB Campbell 1 INT, 1 TCK
    PR Swope 5 PR, 74 yards, put is in good position all game.

Signed 2 good players this week. Making my total 5.
    :5stars: RB Robby Inman, #3 RB, will start at some point, hoping for JUCO sophomore.
    :4stars: DE Devon Garcia, #4 DE, a beast at 6-1, 297, with C speed, and B- block shedding.