Week 9 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 6, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 9 - Season 3

Hard Advance for Monday/Tuesday @ 8:00 pm Central.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 #10 Central Michigan 6-0 Toledo W 56-17
    Riptides Ball State 5-0 @ Northern Illinois W 44-41
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois 5-1 Ball State L 44-41
    Colonel Thrillz Kent State 2-4 Miami University W 41-26
    dub #11 Buffalo 6-0 Ohio W 59-14
    b milley Bowling Green 3-4 Akron W 34-28
    Maxattax34 Rice 5-2 UTEP W 66-36
    castortroy4206 ECU 4-3 #18 UCF L 42-13
    NatiSaint UCF 6-1 @ ECU W 42-13
    Kid Robotz #13 Southern Miss 6-2 BYE - -
    MM Jman #21 Tulsa 5-2 SMU W 38-25
    MYCANE #19 Houston 5-1 Marshall W 42-14

UvU games:
    Ball State @ Northern Illinois (friendly rivalry)
    UCF @ ECU

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 9 break down of Tradition 4 teams, where they stand, and more.

The numbers represent how I predict they will finish in their division.

C-USA

The conference USA is VERY competitive once again, and full of excitement. I'm going to try and make some predictions, but it is waaay too early and you can never know what's gonna happen with these guys!

West

1. Houston Cougars 6-1 (4-1) - plus week 9 game.

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Senior HB Bryce Beall (95 overall, 3800 yards and 25 TDs in his career.)
    Key Wins - @ #25 Tulsa 31-14 - Week 5
    Key Losses - ECU 26-21 - Week 7
    Remaining User Games - @ #14 Ball State - Week 10; #21 Rice - Week 13

I believe york is going to represent the West division just because of his superior talent on offense. He has two great wide receivers and they are complimented by Bryce Beall. I'm sure he is hungry to get back in the championship race, and only a win over his rivals, the Rice Owls, will allow him to do that.

2. #21 Rice Owls 5-2 (3-1)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Junior HB Sam McGuffie (96 speed & 99 acceleration, 710 yards on 57 carries and 7 TDs this season as a back up!!)
    Key Wins - #25 Tulsa 62-7 - Week 7; @ #3 Texas 44-15 44-15
    Key Losses - Northern Illinois 23-15 - Week 1; @ #17 Southern Miss 47-19 - Week 4
    Remaining User Games - @ Houston - Week 13

Despite having an impressive win over Texas, completely dismantling Tulsa, and winning the Bayou Bucket last season (w/o McGuffie)...I don't think his team defense is good enough to stop talented offensive unit Houston has. As long as he wins out up to the Houston game, his fate is in his hands. That should be a great game! I belive some recruits may be on the line as well. ;)

3. #25 Tulsa Golden Hurricanes 5-2 (3-2)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Senior WR Damaris Johnson (98 overall, 775 yards on 51 receptions and 4 TDs.)
    Key Wins - @ #19 UCF 42-38 - Week 8; @ Boise State 38-35
    Key Losses - Houston 31-14 - Week 5; @ #21 Rice 62-7
    Remaining User Games - @ #5 Central Michigan - Week 14

Tulsa isn't out of the running just yet, but he will need a miracle to get back into the picture since his losses are to the front runners of his division. Meaning that he so happened to come back and tie for a lead, it would come down to who won head to head...

I'm sure the season isn't going how he had planned, but he is well on his way to make up for his losses by beating UCF just one week after UCF knocked off Southern Miss and took the lead in the East. With wins over Oklahoma State and Central Michigan, I'm sure Coach Jman can consider this a "good" season.

East

1. #17 Southern Miss Golden Eagles 6-2 (4-1)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Freshman P Alex Coleman (88 speed & 90 jump, don't let this white boy fool you - he's an athlete.)
    Key Wins - #21 Rice 47-19 - Week 4; ECU 35-20 - Week 5
    Key Losses - #8 Buffalo - Week 1; #19 UCF - Week 7
    Remaining User Games - none

Some way, some how!! He gets back into the conference championship game with one conference loss and dominates it. This is his least likely shot of getting in, but after seeing it two seasons in a row I've got to believe it'll happen again. UCF completely opened up the door for Southern Miss, and with no more user games it will be smooth sailing for 1ke as he watches and waits for someone to slip up!

The dynasty within the dynasty continues to build as Coach 1ke sends Austin Davis and Deandre Brown to the pros with a third straight conference title!

2. ECU Pirates 4-3 (3-1)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Junior QB Brian Smith (82 overall, the JUCO transfer is the focal point of ECU's renewed success.)
    Key Wins - @ Houston 26-21 - Week 7
    Key Losses - Kent State 31-24 - Week 2; @ #17 Southern Miss 35-20 - Week 5
    Remaining User Games - #19 UCF - Week 9

Wow! troy's got a legit shot at getting in the title game. If he could do so, that would definately be Coach of the Year material after finishing 2-10 last season. Right now, it's hard to judge whether or not he is a contender or pretender. He played Southern Miss tough, but also lost to Kent State from the MAC and Georgia Tech. However, the win over Houston was impressive enough for me to give him the edge over UCF.

The outcome of the C-USA East lies on the Week 9 match up between ECU and UCF. If troy can come out with a win, it would shoot 1ke up to first place via the tie breaker. The signing of 5 star QB Brian Smith could possibly be the biggest blessing ECU could've received last year, and it says a lot about the trust recruits have in Coach Troy considering such a talented kid :)5stars:) is willing to play at a school that at the time was 2-10.

3. UCF Knights 6-1 (4-1)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Junior HB Richard Samuel (93 overall, he is injured now, but will be back for the post season.)
    Key Wins - @ Bowling Green 55-28 - Week 3; @ #17 Southern Miss - Week 7
    Key Losses - #25 Tulsa 42-38 - Week 8
    Remaining User Games - @ ECU - Week 9

Once again, it all comes down to the Week 9 match up between ECU and UCF. Both teams need this win, but I think ECU wants it a little more. UCF has more fire power than ECU, but with Samuel out and a good game plan I believe ECU can knock off yet another C-USA Championship hopeful in their efforts to get to the top themselves.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

MAC

Just like year's past, the MAC seems to have already been decided in one division while it is still up for grabs in the other. With Northern Illinois, Ball State, and Central Michigan all playing each other late in the season it adds a little extra pressure to those games.

West

1. #5 Central Michigan Chippewas 7-0 (5-0) - plus week 9 game.

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Freshman OLB Marcus Kemp (that's all I have to say.)
    Key Wins - Notre Dame 35-33 - Week 4; Kent state 44-41 OT - Week 6; @ Bowling Green 59-45 - Week 8
    Key Losses - none
    Remaining User Games - Northern Illinois - Week 10; @ #14 Ball State - Week 12; #25 Tulsa

First off, my goals are to win the conference championship, if anyone thinks I am thinking about the NC they're wrong. I've got the toughest part of my shedule coming up, but I believe Season One's schedule prepared me for these types of situations. My team is better than that year! I had to play the best of the best from both divisions with out losing just to get into the championship game, and once there I lost NewbSlice and the Buffalo Bulls after beating him during the regular season. I've witnessed first hand how that loss has affected my recruiting and catepulted Buffalo's to the top of the MAC. I'm hungry to get back to that game, and that's why I think I'll finish out the rest of the conference schedule strong with no losses.

2. Northern Illinois 5-1 (2-1)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Senior WR Austin Tucker (87 overall & 91 speed)
    Key Wins - @ #21 Rice 23-15 - Week 1; @ Bowling Green 24-13 - Week 4
    Key Losses - #8 Buffalo 49-17 - Week 5
    Remaining User Games - #14 Ball State - Week 9; #5 Central Michigan - Week 10

I've got a lot of respect for this NIU club after they upset me last season in a great defensive battle that was ultimately decided in double overtime. I think he gets the win over his friend and rival this week, but will get beat by the Chippewas further down the road.

3. #14 Ball State Cardinals 5-0 (4-0)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Junior QB Kelly Page (91 overall, probably the most unheard of 90+ overall player in the dynasty.)
    Key Wins - @ Kent State 35-14 - Week 8
    Key Losses - none
    Remaining User Games - @ Northern Illinois - Week 9; Houston - Week 10; @ #5 Central Michigan - Week 12; #8 Buffalo - Week 13

These guys aren't foolin' anybody. Rip doesn't post as much as everyone else hoping he can fly under the radar and get the huge upsets ;). lol, but in all seriousness he has just as good a shot as anyone in the West! He's undefeated too, so the skies are the limit for him, and his future is in his control. However, with 4 of his last 6 games being user games, it's going to be a real tough road.

East

1. #8 Buffalo Bulls 6-0 (4-0)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Senior Zach Maynard (88 overall & 80 speed, second in the nation for QB rating - 22 TDs w/ 7 INTs.)
    Key Wins - @ #17 Southern Miss 35-25 - Week 1; @ Northern Illinois 49-17 - Week 5; Bowling Green 45-7 - Week 7
    Key Losses - none
    Remaining User Games - @ Kent State - Week 11; @ #14 Ball State - Week 13

This is a no doubter. The other guys are too far behind, and after winning the MAC Season 1 & 2, the recruiting classes are far better. It will take a miracle to knock the Bulls off this year, and while we're on that topic...good luck next year as he just signed 2 :5stars: and 2 :4stars: I believe.

2. Kent State Golden Flashes 2-4 (1-3)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - THE "O" LINE (possibly the best O-line in the MAC, consists of 4 Seniors and a Sophomore.)
    Key Wins - @ ECU 31-24 - Week 2
    Key Losses - @ #5 Central Michigan 44-41 OT; #14 Ball State 35-14 - Week 8
    Remaining User Games - Bowling Green - Week 10; #8 Buffalo - Week 11

Playing him myself, the win over ECU, and just the fact that I believe Kent State is the better team gives them the edge over Bowling Green. I am going to predict a low scoring game with lots of yardage, however. Bowling Green just turns the ball over too often, and Kent State takes advantage.

3. Bowling Green Falcons 3-4 (1-3)

"Watch out for this guy" Player - Sophomore HB Mark Mays (83 overall & 93 speed, is leading the MAC in rushing with 757 yards on 112 carries and 10 TDs.)
    Key Wins - 0-4 vs users
    Key Losses - #19 UCF 55-28 - Week 3; Northern Illinois 24-13 - Week 4; @ #8 Buffalo 45-7 - Week 7; #5 Central Michigan 59-45 - Week 8
    Remaining User Games - @ Kent State - Week 10

The kid can definately move the ball (use me as an example :( ), so don't take him lightly. I'm sure after a few recruiting classes he'll get a feel for his team and get on top. Also, a lot of his key players are young, so I expect big things in the near future! A win over rival Kent State could light a fire under his program!

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

WOW! What better weather for this game..

I'm playing Toledo, who I have beaten by 1 the last two years because they missed the game winning FG!!

It is raining heavily...upset?!

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

awesome write up... Nati is by far better at this game than I am, and has a slightly better team, but ECU is hungry!

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

We all know who Im rooting for.....

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE CURSE OF MURK!!!!! I want Max to come into this game over confidant. Looking past me at the CUSA championship game.

8. dub

dub Banned

I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like bulletin board material. He's pretty confident he'll beat you guys..I wouldn't take that..;)

Excellent write up man

9. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Sweet write-up. Kent may have a hard time without their starting QB against BGSU...

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It must be late in the 4th quarter, and Parrothead and Rip are tied at 38!! Crazy shit!

edit: OT!!! looks like Rip kicked a game tying FG to send it to OT...yeah buddy

edit: Parrothead settles for a FG...

edit: Riptides wins in OT!! 44-41 that's aweosme

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm calling shenangians on his drive. 3rd and 10, he throws a pass to his TE that is nowhere near the TE. I'm covering the TE and at least 2 yards behind him. Out comes the flag for PI. Must have been SEC officiating. Shenanigans!

Rip's FG to send it to OT was a 52 yarder that I iced him on. Ridiculous.

12. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yeah, there is no way this game should have even made it to OT. ICED ON 52yarder and it goes in...... CRAZY!

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Shoulda double iced him I guess

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're waiting on Nati and Troy to play their game. It should get in, but their playing massive game of phone tag! Nati is online right now, and I've seen troy on quite a bit.

We're also waiting on Max. He hasn't been on live for 3 days, or even posted on the site. Don't know whats up.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

MAx is on right now and Im pretty sure he is doing his stuff.

Now just waitin for my fate to be decided.

16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah, Nati took care of that in pretty convincing fashion...sorry man..I'm not in his weight class.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I will advance as soon as I get home around 7:00 eastern tonight then Rip hows about tuesday for our game?

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea guys sorry for the inactivity this weekend... this week i should get back up to speed.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

don't worry about it

20. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Tuesday sounds good. Around 10 pm eastern work for you?

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sweet 10:00 it is we need to extract some revenge on ball state.