Week 9 - Season 4 (troy)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 16, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 9 - Season 4 (troy)

Column 1
    MAC East MAC West C USA East C USA West Big Ten PAC-10
    1 Akron 6-0 (4-0) 1 Ball State 5-2 (3-1) 1 Southern Miss 6-2 (4-1) 1 Rice 6-1 (3-0) 2 Purdue 5-1 (3-0) 1 UCLA 6-0 (4-0)
    2 Bowling Green 7-0 (4-0) 2 UCF 5-2 (4-1) 2 Houston 3-4 (2-2)
    3 Kent State 6-1 (4-0) 3 ECU 5-2 (3-1) 3 Tulsa 4-3 (2-3)

Week 8's Players of the Week

Offense:
    UCF, Sr HB Richard Samuel - 18 car, 176 yds, 4 TDs; 1 rec, 44 yds, TD

Defense:
    UCLA, Sr FS Sean Westgate - 11 tackles (2 TFL), 2 sacks, FF

Big User vs User Game

Bowling Green 7-0 (4-0) @ Akron 6-0 (4-0)
    Regional Broadcast: Saturday, October 20th, 12:30pm

This game is the start of basically a round robin tournament in the MAC East for a spot in the Conference Championship game. Both teams are perfect but have went down different roads. BG beat a very good UCF team, and needed OT to get past Buffalo, while Akron hasn’t really been tested yet. The #1 Total Defense and #1 Rush Defense reside in Akron Ohio. Akron has also outscored their opponents to date 264-14….yes, 264-14. That is incredible regardless of the level of competition. He also hasn’t played anyone with a winning record yet. This one could go either way and should be a MAC Classic.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Bowling Green 35-9

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Rankings BG Akron
    Overal Rating C+ B
    Offense Rating C B+
    Defense Rating B- B+
    Total Offense 2624 (#36) 2923 (#44)
    Total Defense 2301 (#71) 1046 (#1)
    Turnover Diff 7 6

Big User vs User Game 2

East Carolina 5-2 (3-1) @ UCF 5-2 (4-1)
    Regional Broadcast: Saturday, October 20th, 6:00pm

Last year, UCF beat East Carolina 42-12 in Greenville and it was apparent from the start that the Pirates just didn’t have the athletes to compete with the Knights. This year might be a little different with East Carolina’s much faster, and much more athletic secondary. UCF has ridden Super Freshman Michael Berg to their first 5 wins including a big win vs. Tulsa last week. At time of publication Michael was the front runner for the Heisman Trophy. East Carolina’s only shot to win this game is to hold Berg in check with their shutdown corner, and impact player Derek Lemon. If Lemon can hold him in check East Carolina might have a chance to pull the big upset.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCF 27-19

Rankings ECU UCF
    Overal Rating B- B
    Offense Rating C+ B
    Defense Rating B- B+
    Total Offense 2294 (#72) 3161 (#3)
    Total Defense 2138 (#51) 2332 (#74)
    Turnover Diff -2 4

National Broadcasts

#17 Purdue 5-1 (3-0) @ #2 Michigan 7-0 (4-0)

Purdue blew right through Penn St a few weeks ago, then struggled mightily with Wisconsin. This week they have the #2 Michigan Wolverines in the Big House. Luckily for Purdue they might be catching Michigan at the right time with Vincent Smith and Tate Forcier both hurt. Look for a lot of fireworks from Denard Robinson against his old team. Michigan has the advantage skill wise on paper at every position, but never count Purdue out.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Purdue 37-35

Regional Broadcast

NIU 5-1 (2-1) @ Ball St. 5-2 (3-1)

Ball St. just took a conference loss and probably can’t afford too many more, although he seems to have a clear and direct path to the MAC Championship game. These are all seemingly tune-ups for what’s going to be a very, very good opponent in that Championship game.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Ball State 24-23

Washington 3-3 (2-2) @ #6 UCLA 6-0 (4-0)

This shouldn’t be a problem for UCLA. The Bruins seem to be on a collision course with the Trojans at the end of the year.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCLA 66-41

Houston 3-4 (2-2) @ Marshall 3-4 (1-2)

The toughest part of Houston’s schedule is over. The next 4 weeks will guarantee Houston a winning record and a bowl bid. They play no one until Rice at the end of the season. The cake walk starts with Marshall and their midget safety.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Houston 46-7

# 23 Rice 6-1 (3-0) @ UTEP 1-6 (1-3)

Rice’s turn to kill UTEP. Rice seems to be on cruise control and it continues this week.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Rice 66-7

Miami (OH) 2-5 (1-2) @ Kent St. 6-1 (4-0)

The Golden Flashes are cruising right along and have had a great season. The Shrike’s name should start coming up in coach of the year voting. He’d get my vote if the season ended today. He shouldn’t have too much of a problem with Miami, unless he’s looking past them towards his showdown with Bowling Green next week…Keep your eyes on the prize Shrike.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Kent State 35-10

Tulsa 4-3 (2-3) @ SMU 3-4 (1-2)

umm...Tulsa wins...;)

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Tulsa 35-14

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]

I'm gonna beat that midgets ass!!!!

3. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Akron gets smashed!! We couldnt do anything with the passing game...the Oline didnt give us enough time for the Wrs to break open. After the game I basically looked at every defensive play and I kick myself because people were open. Ill write a summary when i get the chance if Ravedown hasnt yet.

Hats off to him,Im almost certain he will win the mac.

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

The Knights prove that Deadliest Warrior was a fraud - The Pirate CAN NOT beat the Knight... (lol)

anyway , Knights win and Heisman Hopeful Michael Berg is a MADMAN!

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Just barely beat Michigan!

Insane game, I'll post a summary later...I gotta run into town to do some xmas shopping.

Here are the stats, lol..

Pur Mich
    Score 37 35
    1st Downs 22 9
    Total Offense 457 200
    Rushes-Yards-TD 42-131-4 25-(-10)-0
    Comp-Att-TD 24-35-1 13-22-2
    Passing Yards 326 210
    3rd Down Conv 12-17 3-11
    4th Down Conv 2-3 1-2
    2-Point Conv 0-1 0-0
    Red Zone-TD-FG 4-3-1 1-1-0
    Turnovers 3 1
    Fumbles Lost 2 0
    Intercepted 1 1
    KR Yards 112 206
    Total Yards 575 410
    Punts 2 4
    Penalties-Yards 3-27 0-0
    T.O.P. 18:19 9:39

6. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Defense played big and I had only one turnover on offense. The big plays were an option pass play that I threw a 60 -70 yard TD pass to my TE Baker and with the first play of the second half when I threw a TD pass on post pattern to my WR. I was lucky because my QB threw behing my WR and it was almost picked

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Sweet, All user v user games are done....YAY (I hate byes)

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Berg is super ridiculous. I trailed almost that entire game, but I felt really good about myself until you housed the 2nd half kickoff. Almost identical to Southern Miss's return last year actually. Either way it was a good game, and I had my shots at it just couldn't make the play when I needed it. I think I'll have one of the better pound for pound teams in the conference next year, so we'll see what happens then.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Same here. I'll be getting my game in tonight. Hopefully shortly.

10. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Wow, not even a mention of Tulsa vs. SMU...love you guys too. :(

A shitload of injuries and you fall off everyone's map...sweetness.

11. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Dude hats off to you man ,seriously. i came back from the gym and looked over the game and i had open people but because you disguised your D when i snaped the ball,people wernt where i thought they would be.Plus you Exposed the biggest weakness on my team..My Oline.

yea it was a defensive game the whole time even when it was 21-9 i was like ok dont give up the big play and i thought for sure that was a pick but you got it and that deflated me.

I knew i had to stop your run so i kinda sold out on it a bit 2 much and it showed when you did the option pass, right when you did that i knew someone was open and both times you got huge gains.your QB was 7-11 with 4tds.7 first downs, I figured you had more than that but then again you had 2 one play drives!I stoped the run which was my objective but i got burnt on 4 big plays.

Again good game,good luck the rest of the way and im sure you will win the Mac this year!

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

waiting on Max and Shrike to get their games in...

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Finally decided to catch up on my summaries. All my games SHOULD be out there now. I even added some video to show a few big plays.

14. BDSDIGITAL

That's my bad. I wrote down the games the night before then transcribed them at work the yesterday morning so I couldn't double check myself when I realized there were only 10 teams represented. Sorry about that.

15. Jman

Whatever Troy...I know you just hate me...tell the truth :D

Doesn't matter, just pointing it out. Tulsa beats SMU 35-14. Defense was great in the 3-4...offense struggled even though Peoples got his 100 and Horner managed 70 himself. There just noooooo killer instinct with Shavodrick out, simple as that.

16. BDSDIGITAL

Now that's a low blow man ;) I don't hate anyone, water under the bridge my man....it's all good. I'll be sure to do a nice, fair and balanced report on your next game....

17. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

I'll be getting my game in this afternoon.

18. Jman

Oh I know, just had to mess with you a bit. :p

Don't be fair and balanced, we suck right now...I'm just praying for Shavodricks return lol.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Just realized an advance date was never put on this. It seems that we are still waiting on Maxwell. How long should we wait?

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Nevermind, Max is on right now playing...

When can you advance york...

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

after his game