Week 9 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by MurkYa21, Feb 5, 2012.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Got my game in quick, so I wanted to post my summary since I might not have time later.

Washington State 42
    Oregon 32

Oregon got out to a 10-0 lead by the end of the first quarter. Washington State was able to get on the board with a 41 yard TD pass from Halliday to Horner who has been moved from TE to the #1 WR after his clutch TD last week. Oregon would strike once again right before the half to make the score 17-7.

Washington State started out with the ball second half and got flagged with a couple penalties. Great, it's gonna be that type of game...

But Washington took control of the game in the third quarter scoring 3 TDs through the air, and then a big 63 yard TD run by our third string HB Cutler. Langi, the starter, was injured and out for the remainder of the game in the second quarter.

From there we tried to use up as much clock as possible and held on for the win. I'm pretty confident saying Halliday had his best game of the season completing 55% of his passes (50% on the season beforehand) for 455 yards with 4 TDs to 2 INTs. Surprisingly, our backup HB Galvin was the leading receiver, sounds cheesy, but I did what I had to do. He had two long TD catches where we managed to catch the defense in cover 2 blitzes that went for 32 and 62 yards, the rest were HB screen attempts.

FS Koch led the team in tackles with 10 (8 solo), but the SS Craft was the player of the game in my eyes recording a tackle for loss, and 2 interceptions one of them being the game ending play for Oregon.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Fml I can't take this shit any more lol....

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Thanks for posting this. I advanced then had to rush out for my gf's bday. BakerWildcat7 - hang in there man, got your PM.

4. IrishBearcat

fuzzyl0gic and myself are the last game. He's working till 9 PM EST, and I'll be at Super Bowl party till 10 or so. We'll get it done and advance at some point tonight.

5. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    CAL RUNS OVER WASHINGTON
    [​IMG]
    Cal RB Justin Goode totaled over 200+ yards and 4 touchdowns against the Huskies
    [​IMG]
    Coach IrishBearcat had this game circled on his schedule as a must-win contest to build the foundation of momentum for the second half of the season. Since arriving in Berkeley Cal has only been 1-2 against Washington, with both losses coming on the road (7-10 S1, 7-17 S3). The Golden Bears stressed all week they would have to be able to score points as they did in their sole win against Washington (35-31 S2), and play great defense as well. Ranking as #14 hosting #9 the game was drawing a lot of attention from the media during the week, the hype was astounding.
    Cal won the toss and deferred, giving Washington the football first. The Huskies did a nice job converting 3rd downs but the offense stalled inside Cal territory. K Damon Rodgers added a 49 yard field goal to push UW up 3-0. Cal responded with their own field goal after getting down inside the 10 yard line to tie the game at 3-3. Tie ball game at the end of the first.​
    The second quarter the offenses picked up the pace. The Golden Bears caught the Washington defense sleeping after being pinned back to begin the drive on their own 13 yard line. RB Justin Goode showed off his speed and got around the edge, made two defenders miss, and was gone 87 yards for a touchdown. Cal led 10-3. The boxing match would continue. Washington's Nick Montana found WR Kevin Smith for an 8 yard touchdown to tie the game at 10-10. California isn't known for it's ability to move the football quickly, but with a 1:22 left in the half they were able to add another touchdown on a screen play. Justin Goode picked up some great blocks and was gone 21 yards for a touchdown. Cal lead 20-10 at the half.

Cal was feeling great up by 10 and also had the ball to start the half. The California defense dominated the second half and shutout the Washington offense. Justin Goode added touchown #3 and #4 on 20 and 5 yard touchdown runs. The Golden Bear defense held Nick Montana to only 80 yards on 25 passes, and besides 51 and 48 yard gains on the ground held Washington to under 100 yards rushing. Coach IrishBearcat was very pleased with the 34-10 victory, but challeneged his team not to be satisfied with several tough opponents ahead on the schedule.​
    UP NEXT: UCLA

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

That was a horrible performance IrishBearcat, I believe that ties the series at 2-2. Washington will be seeking revenge next year!

7. IrishBearcat

It wasn't as bad as the score showed, we were lucky to get some really big plays and some turnovers at the right time. We both have solid defenses, so it's tough to come back from a deficit, especially on the road.

Seems like it's easier for us to score points in Berkeley then Washington's home turf. There have ben 41 total points scored between both our teams at your place, and 110 on my home field. Who can steal the road win first!?

It's a great rivalry, that's my favorite part of this setup. All the teams are very close in talent and the user competition is very close!

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah, the punt return fumble and the huge run Goode had to the right side where I totally missed my tackle and took a bad angle really killed my morale. I should have been more patient, your defense was tough though.