week 9 season 5 AND 10 LOL

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jan 24, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

week 9 season 5 AND 10 LOL

WEEK 9
    advance?

Game of the Week

#1 Michigan @#16 Purdue
    Big time implications for the whole league...... With Ike sitting at #2 this could mean a 1st time visit for anyone into the BCS championship game. Lets Go Coach Murk put the CPU in its place.

Other Top Games

#19 Auburn@#20 LSU

This game will decide the SEC west. LSU has some players that should give Auburn D fits. Auburn wins but its a close one.

Akron@BGSU

How BGSU is not ranked is a travesty in itself. This game was circled a couple of weeks ago but now looks like a cake walk for BGSU. YAWN this is over before it starts.

#24 Colorado@ Kansas State

Again another notch in Colorado's belt on their way to Big 12 showdown with Tech in the Championship game. John Harris had 153 yards on the ground last week with 4 TD's he and the Tech WR Cheech and Chong should vie for Frosh of the year in the big 12.

#2 SMU@Houston

We go back to what might have been this could have been a good game last year not this year SMU rolls big time. Look out for Houston Sophmore RB hes a stud.....

Oregon St@#5 UCLA

Coach Parrot looks to continue his winning ways by putting a beat down on the Beavs. The coach's wife has said that he is good at taming the beaver....We'll see?

Cal@Arizona

Zona has a lot riding on this game. A win and they stay in the discussion for the Rose bowl a loss and they are looking at a toilet bowl. The Desert Swarm pulls this one out as Coach Troy puts his name in for COY nomination.

#6 Texas Tech@Baylor

Wow Tech at #6.... the BCS is a fraud. Who have they played? Who have they beaten? Looks like they roll again this week. Baylor doesn't put up much of a fight. Tech 55 Baylor 10. Word on the street is Colorado Coach York has put a bounty on WR Cheech and Chongs head. Broken legs anyone?

Miami University@#18 Kent State

Yeah at 1st glance you would think this would be a good game then you remember that this isn't that Miami.....The U would put up a fight MU just sucks.....Kent State in a laugher 48-17.

BYE WEEKS

#10 Tulsa

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

And Muuuuuuuuurk, Tulsa may or may not have snatched a fast ass reciever from your grasps. Just sayin' lol.:D

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

cool. Just cool.

Atleast I have a receiver that is faster on my board, just not better.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I got that QB! posted in the recruiting thread. That :5stars: ATH ended up committing to OU though.

5. Jman

Haha, sorry! (Not really!) My recruiting is just another thing making in hard to even think about leaving, I've built it up quite nicely.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Tech blanks Baylor 54-0 in a "Rivalry Game"?? Really? Baylor has rivals? I thought they had given up on football... Either way the Bears showed up and got blown up. It was never close with the first score of the game coming from a wounded duck pass that was picked off and taken to the house by a Tech DE. Then Charles got into the mix snagging a 27yd TD pass. Tech would intercept and house another INT making the score 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. Then it just got silly. Senior WR Eric Ward absolutely dusted a Baylor CB and caught a 41yd TD over-the-shoulder pass from Harris. Ward ended up getting dinged and had to sit out most of the game, but when he was out there he made it count! Hell there was even a Chidozie sighting or two... He was all over the field. Tech really needs him to play the way he did today against Purdue. In the second half, Tech showed poor Baylor some mercy and only kicked FGs.
    Final Score
    54-0

Harris
    25/33 392yd 3TD 1INT

Charles
    7REC 121yd 2TD
    Fisher
    7REC 93yd
    Ward
    2REC 50yd 1TD

Chidozie
    8TACK 3TFL 1FF 2FR

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

See Max....I even tried being nice and letting you have that 5* ATH....You couldnt even seal the deal. Last time I do that...lol

Ill get my shit in tomorrow....Kinda excited bout UH....

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    KSU 0 0 0 0 0
    CU 7 14 3 7 31

Ground Game Keeps on Rolling

The Buffs John Harris rushed for 143 yards through 2 1/2 Qtrs and scored 2 TD's and the Defense answered the bell by pitching a shutout as Colorado got out of the Little Big Apple with a 31-0 win. SS Jr Matt McRae lead the defense with 7 tackles 4 TFL. The Wildcats O could not get on track and only amassed 197 yards of offense. The Buffs had the ball for 19:00 min to the Cats 9:00. JR RB Willie Babcock came back to rush for 65 yards on 11 carries and 1 TD. "He (Babcock) looked good out there for taking 5 weeks off. We will be tough to stop when he gets all the kinks worked out. His toughness was never in question he was popping helmets out there. He just needs to get used to the game speed again to make all his reads and cuts." said Coach York. The Buffs moved up to #24 in the polls and with this win should produce a matchup of top 25 teams next week when Mizzou comes to town. On a recruiting update the Buffs got three :4stars: recruits to soft verbal this last week. All three are offensive players.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Cal 35 @ Arizona 38

This was a classic. Cal at times was fuggin unstoppable. They have a RB named Yardley (or something like that) that is a monster as well. Maybe Parrothead could verify this, but it seems like every decent PAC 10 team has a horse at RB except me and Washington St.

Anyway, Cal's RB had 150+ yards and 3 td's. Hamby had well over 200 all purpose yards, and Adam Hall had 3 catches for 100 yards and a huge td in the 2nd qtr. Cal started out 14-0 and I really thought I was in big trouble, but in the 2nd and 3rd qtr we straight split their wigs...They then made the predictible god mode like comeback in the 4th qtr but I sealed the deal with a fg as time expired to win it. I even had to convert a 4th and 5 from about the Cal 40 to get into field goal range. Paul Mitchell had a great game going 22-27 for well over 300 yards and a td. He did throw one pick, but it was a one handed pick from a Cal LB that was just a great play by them.

Either way, a wins a win and next week is a HUGE game vs. the #8 Oregon Ducks!

I'm stoked for next week!

10. BDSDIGITAL

Cal 35 @ Arizona 38

This was a classic. Cal at times was fuggin unstoppable. They have a RB named Yardley (or something like that) that is a monster as well. Maybe Parrothead could verify this, but it seems like every decent PAC 10 team has a horse at RB except me and Washington St.

Anyway, Cal's RB had 150+ yards and 3 td's. Hamby had well over 200 all purpose yards, and Adam Hall had 3 catches for 100 yards and a huge td in the 2nd qtr. Cal started out 14-0 and I really thought I was in big trouble, but in the 2nd and 3rd qtr we straight split their wigs...They then made the predictible god mode like comeback in the 4th qtr but I sealed the deal with a fg as time expired to win it. I even had to convert a 4th and 5 from about the Cal 40 to get into field goal range. Paul Mitchell had a great game going 22-27 for well over 300 yards and a td. He did throw one pick, but it was a one handed pick from a Cal LB that was just a great play by them.

Either way, a wins a win and next week is a HUGE game vs. the #8 Oregon Ducks!

I'm stoked for next week!

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

^^^^ Greatest game score???

12. BDSDIGITAL

38-35 zona.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

He's talking about the score it gives you at the end lol

I'll post my summary when I get back to school. Purdue knocks off #1 Michigan!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Final
    Pur 7 0 0 3 8 18
    Mich 3 7 0 0 7 17

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team Mich Pur
    Score 17 18
    First Downs 10 13
    Total Offense 215 258
    Rushes-Yards-TD 28-54-0 38-83-0
    Comp-Att-TD 16-28-2 21-31-2
    Passing Yards 161 175
    3rd Down Conv 1-12 3-15
    4th Down Conv 0-0 1-4
    2-Point Conv 0-0 1-1
    Red Zone-TD-FG 5-2-1 3-2-1
    Turnovers 1 3
    Fumbles Lost 0 1
    Intercepted 1 2
    Punts 8 7
    PR Yards 15 50
    KR Yards 55 54
    Total Yards 285 362

I PERSONALLY LOVE PLAYING THE CPU!!! LOL! I always have fun games! haha..

The stats were crazy, I could not get shit going, and their one score was because I set them up with great field position after failing to convert on some Bilichick shit! STUPID..

Individual Stats
    Purdue
    QB TJ Smith (Fr) - 21-31, 175 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 3 sacks
    WR Eric Williams (Sr) - 6 receptions, 73 yards, 2 TDs, 0 drops
    SS C Bennett (Jr) - 9 tackles (TFL), 1 sack
    P J Cox (Jr) - 7 punts, 272 yards, 33.8 NET avg

Michigan
    QB K Garrett - 16-28, 161 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 4 sacks
    HB Vincent Smith (Sr) - 21 carries, 89 yards, 20 yds 1st hit
    B Hawthorne - 12 tackles (2 TFL), 1 sack, 1 FR
    T Leslie - 4 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 deflection
    B Watson - 8 punts, 331 yards, 35 NET avg

This game was really close, and my turnovers were actually more like punts...btw, ton of punts in this game. The story of the game though was WR #21 Eric Williams.

He caught the early TD pass, and made an amazing TD catch on 4th and 8 in OT to basically win the game.

It was a come back route, and I was expecting him to get open so I didnt really make any reads. He was covered very well, but I had no choice so I threw and he some how ended up with it! LOL

Awesome game! Then I beat #1 Miami in the ACC/Big 12 OD with yet another Freshman QB replacing an injured starter!

great day lol

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ul5_-467Cms&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ul5_-467Cms&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

14. BDSDIGITAL

Oh sorry. it was in the 700's.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're just waiting for Shrike, Rave, and 1ke..

I updated my summary with some stats and soon there will be a video ..

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Damn! Can't believe your guy ended up with that!

Also, if things are advanced to where I can play tonight, I can get my game in. I'm leaving in the morning and will be out until very late on Thursday night (late enough to where I probably can't get a game in). If junk isn't advanced by tonight around 9 EST or so, I'll have to wait until Friday night.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

all right whats the haps on us advancing? I will be up till 11 pm eastern then headed to bed. If the games can get in I will advance. If not then we are looking at tuesday night for my next available time to advance.

18. BDSDIGITAL

What's the haps? What's the haps on cats rippin that slang from teenagers, Word.

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Looks like at least 1ke and Shrike still have to get their games in (based on their last activity on xbox.com and Murk's post that they were still needed at 10 am). Really hoping to get my game in tonight before I leave tomorrow morning.

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

ill be done in an hour fellas. Sorry for being soooo lame and takin longer than usual.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Shrike is on, but watching "Netflix"..

I sent him a message, we should be good to advance by the time york gets on tonight.

22. Jman

Well, he hasn't logged into the dynasty since the 22nd...neither has Rave. Well hell. Still advancing it tonight or what Wes?

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

When york gets on he can advance..

Rave is online, told me he is going to play as soon as he is done with his madden game..

he is probably playing right now...

so yes, we will advance tonight, assuming york gets on..

Im going to sleep..peace

24. Jman

Sounds good man, was juuuuuuuust curious.

25. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

9:00 Bedtime for SwaggerWes? WTF....

Oh Yorrrrk....Your Houston boys were kinda a pain in my ass.

Houston gave me a good game. They kept holding me to FG's, and then just walked right down the field on me. They got inside my 5 with a 3rd and goal and had to settle for a FG. Only thing is, they missed! LOL

Kinda the same story throughout though. Tey called a all out blitz, i got t off the the TE and got a long TD. They got the ball back and got one big play and then tried to fake a punt which i stopped and turned int points.

More back and forth with the their last gasp coming in the form a a 4th down attempt in the redzone. I held, had a nice drive and scored to put it away. Good game Houston, maybe if your coach wouldnt have abandoned you it would have been better.

All systems are go right now, With UM losing to Purdue, Southern Miss will take hold of their first Number 1 ranking ever. Just ave to keep fine tuning everything with all the focus on Tulsa in the C-USA Championship.