Week 9, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 31, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We Advanced...seems like forever ago

We move again, Thursday night 10 pm CT

Justice is served, almost. Miami barely wins a sim against Duke
    The Memphis/LSU game is pretty realistic, though I dont think i would of scored 21 or let up 49, the margin is about spot on
    Watch out WKU, another scary 1-4 sun belt team to contend with
    Huge game for EMU, vs 5-1 Temple
    Bonner has #3 Bama...my guess is a sim

Hows your recruiting class shaping up?

2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I have signed 4 three stars, and i will not sim i will take my second beat down in a row.

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU Does #15 Miss St. Dirty (Sorry Bulldog).

LSU beat MSU 59-7. It was ugly. LSU scored a pair of defensive touchdowns and also returned a kickoff for a score.

It was so bad that...

4 LSU quarterbacks played and completed a pass. My starter played only 1 half.
    5 LSU running backs carried the ball, including my 4th and 5th string combining for over 100 yards on 18 carries. My top two ball carriers only rushed for 60 yards combined.
    7 LSU players caught a pass.
    24 LSU defensive players recorded a tackle.
    Mass subbed both sides of the ball by halftime. 2nd team D was in mid way through the second.
    7 players recorded a sack.
    Both defensive touchdowns and all three turnovers were created by the 2nd team D.
    MSU had 85 yards of offense, most all of them coming on one drive.

LSU travels to #1 Auburn next week and hosts #3 Alabama the following week.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I will break down my recruiting class this evening, but I can only sign 7 guys this years so it's not going to finish strong.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Memphis Tigers have signed 4 underwhelming recruits so far this season, all 3 stars including a CB, TE, DE and a DT. The DT seems like he might be a decent incoming recruit. The real battle is LSU vs Memphis for 3 star scrambling QB Andrew Dennis. Twice I have recruited online and it has screwed up on him both times, making me lost valuable time. Currently LSU sits at 1 with Memphis as three. I am hoping that Weave backs off and he falls to me but....what a dick

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU Recruiting BLOWS!!!

Last week I lost an in state top 150 to Ne-FREAKING-vada.
    This week I lost a 4 star 150 WR from Louisiana to Kansas-FREAKING-State.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

so your saying your not going to back off the 3 star qb from Arkansas for Mem-FREAKING-phis?

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Nope. Don't really want him, but I have 2 SR qb's and need a 3rd stringer for next year. He could be all conference for you. What a shame. I think he happened to visit this week when he saw me use 4 QB's. He's mine.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I hope he gives your entire team chlamydia

• Like Like x 1
  10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

That he undoubtedly got from you during one of your "visits".

• Like Like x 1
  11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

he hasnt came to Memphis yet

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

On the books that is.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

I see what u did there, lol

14. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Even playing the second string, the Canes come out on top. Although, I must admit I was nervous until the end.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Since the star player for EMU CB Ramon Taylor went out on injury two weeks ago the Eagles have not scored a W yet. Suffering their second consecutive loss to the Temple Owls 31-23. Despite a 20 point fourth quarter, EMU could not catch up with the Owls.
    With Taylor out, the Eagle defense has been wretched. Not being able to stop anybody on offense. Taylor is scheduled to come off the injury list in 2 weeks. Hopefully the Eagles will still be in the running then.

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Memphis vs UAB is a rivarly game that no one ever knew about....the battle for the Bones goes to UAB this year. Memphis had a pretty solid offensive attack all day but most drives stalled out around our 40. I have a FG kicker who can't make anything over 38 yards. Anyway, backup QB Jovan Chambers had a decent game, throwing two INTS that ultimatley were what killed Memphis. The spread offense of UAB was pretty lethal considering Memphis had no pass rush and not much better for coverage. This was a trap game that...trapped me.

Memphis falls to 2-5, all but killing a chance at Back to Back conf championships. Must WIN OUT

• Like Like x 1
  17. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

we advance tonight losers...get your games in

18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Hey how about you guys actually get your games in early so we can move this league along.

• Like Like x 1
  19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Went down to Alabama and could not stop the run 31 carries for 190 yards leads to a 27-13 loss. Kept it close in the first half 6-6 but was unable to make any headway against there strong defense. Also signed a 3 star RB that makes five total with nine more to go.

20. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

SJSU puts a beat down on UNLV playing the 2nd stringers the whole 4th quarter 35-14.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Pro

Pro Walk On

what the hell are we waiting for?

22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Totally unrelated - My middle school boys basketball team just won our semifinal game 54-52. We advanced to the district championship on Tuesday. I teach/coach at a lower socioeconomic school in a wealthy district. Our school constantly gets the red headed stepchild treatment (Mullen would understand this I'm sure). We are viewed as a thug school..etc, etc. But what they forget is that my team has a grand total of 1 C on the entire roster. EVERY other grade on all of my kids reports cards were A's and B's. We haven't won a district title in any sport since 2002. So this is pretty huge for these kids.

We beat our county rivals on Tuesday and the rich kids and parents had the damn nerve to complain and whine because they lost. It felt like we had to play 5 on 7 with the 2 refs in the other teams back pocket. We were down 12 at the half and won by 12. Just because these dicks lost, they felt the need to put down our boys and our school.

Needless to say, I take great pride in teaching at this school with these exceptional kids and I can't wait for them to bring us a title. They deserve a break. They've earned it. I have no reason to post this, but I thought you guys would enjoy the story that I get the honor to be a part of.

• Like Like x 5
  23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

very cool coach, keep us posted

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's awesome weave. Congrats and keep us updated.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

You have to wear "The Jug" shirt for the championship team photo.

• Like Like x 2