Week 9 Season 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 20, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @11PM EST (Wednesday for User Games)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

So much for landing recruits... lost out on a top flight WR and no commits! I've got some work to do on the recruiting trail..

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington State 31
    Arizona 27

Washington State finally gets one in the win column, but it didn't come easy.

The Cougars put up the lone score in the first quarter. After holding Arizona to a 3 and out on their first possession, Freshman QB Tim Todd connected with redshirt Junior WR Brian Russell for 28 yard TD. Russell finished the game with 118 yards receiving on 8 catches, and Todd completed 21 of 31 passes for 335 yards 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Arizona took the lead in the second quarter with an 8 yard TD run and a 37 yard FG. Washington State's Freshman Kicker (Abdul Lane) would tie it up midway through the third with a 39 yarder of his own. On the following possession, Senior WR Marcus Dotson gave the Cougs some momentum as well as the lead with a 30 yard rushing TD off a WR sweep.

Arizona came back and scored on a 53 yard run by Hall, but the ensuing kickoff for the Cougs was returned 94 yards for a TD by redshirt Senior Harvey Langi. I got a little over excited because I was just telling some people how I have still yet to return a kick or punt for a TD in the longest time and dove in the endzone, didn't mean anything by was just having a little fun with my now 1-6 squad. Langi had an exceptional night in the return game which really helped us out down the stretch - 3 punt returns for 82 yards (long of 42), 3 kick returns for 132 yards and a TD (long of 94), 10 rushes for 21 yards, and 2 receptions for 20 yards.

That gave Washington State a 7 point lead. In the fourth quarter Arizona would take the lead after scoring on a beautiful 31 yard pass off of playaction, and then finally taking the lead with 48 seconds left with a 49 yard FG!

On that last possession if he could have got a first down it would've been over, but my defense and timeouts came up huge for me and we forced the tough kick.

I was happy to have the ball and a chance to win with 49 seconds left because that when I do best. We came out in the Hail Mary and hit Dotson twice in a row on a dig route, taking advantage of the LB manned up with him, and then went deep to the Sophomore Chris McGee for a 48 yard over the should TD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrishBearcat

Great job rebounding and getting the first win, HUGE victory! It keeps bowl chances alive too, and although it'll be EXTREMELY tough to win out it's always great to win when your back is against the wall.

1 game at a time. It looks like BakerWildcat7 is really coming along too. If he wins a user game, I think he's a lock for his first bowl bid.

6. IrishBearcat

7. IrishBearcat

Scratch that, Fuzzy and I snuck our game in tonight.

GG Fuzzball, was obviously excited he won with a "fuck yeah" text :)

Had a random fumble for a touchdown. I don't know why the games in Seattle are always raining, it always seems to hamper the running game. I still had over 100 yards rushing, but with the wet field it was hard to cut. Was up 17-7 at half, Washington rallied with great defense and a big scoop and score. Down 14 I got a quick score and recovered an onside kick, but got picked off in the end zone.

Heading to the Rose Bowl next week. Must. Win. Game.

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Haha yeah, I just knew when you recovered that onside kick you were going to tie the game. You got very close, and I user picked it to seal the deal. Working on the write-up now.

9. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Huskies Prevail With Strong Second Half Effort
    Coming into this one, this heated rivalry was tied at 2-2. The home team has been victorious 4 straight times, and this game was no different. Washington had a bitter taste in their mouth after a blow-out loss at Cal last year, and wanted to return the favor. Cal won the coin toss, and deferred until the second half. The first quarter was all defense, and Washington didn't even attempt a pass. Cal managed to get a FG in on their second drive. Washington responded with a long drive, capping it off with a 25 yard pass to senior WR Marvin Hall for a TD. Bigelow had a huge run for Cal on the next drive, going 59 yards for a TD. Washington was forced to punt after a three-and-out, and Cal scored another TD right before the half, this time a 3 yard pass to TE Adam Rivers. The Huskies found themselves trailing 7-17 going into halftime. ​
    Washington kicked the ball off to start the second half, and forced Cal to punt. The Huskies mixed it up with a heavy dose of running and passing, and QB Derrick Brown soared into the endzone for a 1 yard qb sneak. 14-17 Washington. The Huskies forced another punt, but were held to a field goal on their next drive. This tied the game up. On Cal's next drive, Bigelow took a punishing hit and coughed up the football. Charles Anderson made a terrific scoop and score play for a TD to put his team ahead 24-17. Cal was held to 4th down around their own 28. They elected to go for it, but were stopped with a dropped pass. Sankey took it the house a few plays later for a 14 yard TD run. The Huskies seemed to have a sure win on their hands. On Cal's next drive, Kyle Boehm had ice water in his veins, and drove his team down the field. He found WR Matt Johnson open for a 36 yard TD to tighten up the game 31-24 Huskies. ​
    Cal kicked an onside kick, and manged to recover it. They drove down the field once again, and a tie seemed all but eminent. Near the end of the 4th, Boehm threw a costly pick that would seal the game for the Huskies. Washington improves to 3-2 in the series, and hopes to follow a 1 loss Cal model to the NC game this year. Great game IrishBearcat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I didnt steal him did I? I know I signed two 5 star WRs

11. IrishBearcat

Lol don't flatter yourself! It was Bama :D

12. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

dont worry Im not. Wisconsin took alot of my recruits.

13. IrishBearcat

I see you're trying to "pull a Wisconsin" on a few of mine.. ;)

Hopefully they're smart enough not to flirt with the idea of becoming a Beaver!

14. IrishBearcat

15. fuzzyl0gic

BakerWildcat7 what is your schedule like tonight? We play next week.

16. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I can probably go in a few hrs.... text me bro

17. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On